PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance is a three-year advanced diploma provided by Canadian Universities. The course will help students to develop in-depth technical knowledge of financial accounting, cost and managerial accounting, financial management, taxation, auditing, and technology applications. Keep reading to know more about the PG diploma Accounting and Finance in Canada (ACF) eligibility criteria, syllabus, the application process, jobs and salary, and future scope.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Should You Study PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Canada?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Skills Acquired
- Popular Colleges Abroad
- Popular Universities Abroad for PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Accounting and Finance Jobs
- Accounting and Finance Salary
- Future Scope
Why Should You Study PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Canada?
Students should opt for PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance for the following reason.
- Get a solid academic foundation in Accounting and Finance
- Develop skills that are essential for employment such as knowledge of Sage ERP, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access database.
- Be eligible for several job opportunities such as Accountant, Taxation audit analyst, Internal audit technician, Managerial accountant
- Gain the opportunity to be a part of an optional co-op work term(s) in a formal work environment.
Below is a list of the eligibility requirements that a student must meet in order to pursue a PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance. Do note that the students who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria are asked to either withdraw from the program or move to other courses.
- A candidate must have completed the 12th standard from a recognized Institution
- The student must have taken up Mathematics as one of the subjects
- English language proficiency score needs to be provided
- Apart from this, the student is required to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their first year
- Upon admission, a student is also required to attain a minimum of a B grade in a programming course
Also Read–Masters in Finance in Canada
The syllabus for PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Canada is as follows:
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Accounting Basics I||Introduction to Principles of Economics – Micro||Business Law for Accounting||Intermediate Accounting I||Intermediate Accounting II||Advanced Financial Accounting|
|Introduction to Business Administration||Accounting Basics II||Cost Accounting||Managerial Accounting||Personal Taxation||Corporate Taxation|
|Communicating Across Contexts||Introduction to Marketing||Business Communication for the Digital Workplace||Contemporary Ethics Issues||Accounting: Auditing I||Accounting: Auditing II|
|Mathematics of Business and Finance||Business Statistics||Quantitative Approaches to Decision Making||Finance I||Introduction to Principles of Economics – Macro||Career Planning|
|Introduction to Sustainable Business||Systems Studies I||Systems Studies II||Organizational Behavior||Finance II||Advanced Report Writing|
|Systems Studies III||Accounting and Finance, Co-op II||Systems Studies IV|
|Work Term Preparation|
|Accounting and Finance, Co-op|
Below are the skills that you would acquire by pursuing this course.
|Microsoft Access database|
Popular Colleges Abroad
A few universities in Canada offer PG diplomas in Accounting and Finance. Below are the universities to which a student can apply for admission.
|College Name||World QS Ranking 2023||Average Annual Fees|
|Seneca College||1572||$3,457/INR 2.10 lakh +$1,459/88,701
(Books and supply cost)
Popular Universities Abroad for PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance
Here is a list of the top Universities for Accounting and Finance colleges in the world for those students who want to study these subjects separately:
|Popular Universities for Accounting and Finance||World QS Ranking 2023|
|University of Oxford||#4|
|University of Chicago||#5|
|University of Cambridge||#6|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||#7|
|University of Pennsylvania||#8|
|University of California, Berkeley||#9|
|New York University||#10|
To apply for a PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Canada students can follow the steps below:
- First, select the course PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance through the AI Course Finder.
- Next, the experts at Leverage Edu will help the student to start the application process with the respective university
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs, and IELTS, TOEFL needs to be submitted
- The Leverage Edu experts will start the application process for accommodation, student visas, scholarships, and student loans.
- Finally, you can wait for the offer letter which takes around 4-6 weeks.
Must Read- 2 Years PG Diploma Courses in Canada
To complete the admission process a student needs to submit essential documents. Below are the main documents that you need to submit for admission to AFM.
- Submit academic Transcripts and updated resume
- A copy of the passport, Visa needs to be submitted
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores, Letter of Recommendations, and Statement of Purpose
- Proof of financial security, an updated resume, along with medical clearance certificate
Accounting and Finance Jobs
Completing PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance opens up a lot of career options for students. It includes:
|Taxation audit analyst|
|Internal audit technician|
|Junior financial analystLoans office|
Accounting and Finance Salary
Pursuing PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Canada opens up a variety of career options for students. Below are the salaries that a student who has completed the course can get.
|Designation||Average Annual Salary (CAD)|
|Accountant||$59,984/ 36.51 lakh|
|Internal audit Technician||$87,827/ 53.45 lakh|
|Taxation Audit Analyst||$81,042/ 66.39 lakh|
|Budget Coordinator||$62,449/ 38 lakh|
|Managerial Accountant||$76,947/ 46.82 lakh|
Students who have pursued PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance are eligible to pursue Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation by transferring into semester 6 of the B.Com (Hons)- Accounting and Finance.
The PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance in Canada prepares the individual with essential job skills required for positions such as payroll administrator, budget coordinator, managerial accountant, and taxation audit analyst, among others. Students can apply for entry-level positions in Accounting and Finance.
Must Read– All About Accounting Courses
Ans: A total of 1-3 years are required to complete a PG diploma in Accounting and Finance.
Ans: A student who studies this course from Canada can earn between INR 36 lakh-66 lakh per annum.
Ans: International students in Canada who have completed at least 2 years of post-secondary education are eligible to apply for PR in Canada. However, the student is required to meet other eligibility requirements as well that a PR in Canada would require
PG Diploma in Accounting and Finance is a course that is available in a hybrid format. The course equips the student with the essential skills required for employment in Accounting and Finance. However, advanced diplomas are provided by only a few Universities in Canada. To discover more articles like this one, visit the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.