Considering the ever-changing dynamics of the healthcare industry, the significance of adept management has reached unprecedented heights. So, if your passion aligns with healthcare and effective administration, then pursuing an MBA in Healthcare could be your ideal path. Whether you daydream about transforming patient care or revolutionizing healthcare systems, this dynamic course can be your golden ticket to understanding and navigating the intricacies of healthcare. Keep on reading this article to learn about MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia.
|Course Name||MBA Healthcare Management|
|Duration||1.5 -2 years|
|Basic Eligibility||A UG degree in a related stream with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Entrance Exams||GMAT/ GRE|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia?
- Top Universities and Fees
- Cost of Studying and Living in Australia
- Scholarships to Study in Australia
- Skills Required for MBA Healthcare Management
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Scope of MBA in Healthcare Management
- Top Recruiters
Why Study MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia?
Apart from being renowned for its lush beauty, Australia is a dream destination for students to pursue their higher studies. Here are a few reasons why you should study MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia:
- The best part about studying MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia is that this country is home to some of the best universities in the world.
- Students from all around the world can access top-quality education from the best professors in the field.
- Another amazing feature of studying MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia is that this degree is globally recognized.
- Australian universities are also known for their diverse range of programs, student-friendly campuses, and exciting range of extracurricular activities.
- Studying in Australia also allows students to work alongside their degree. They can work up to somewhere around 20 hours during their semester and earn through their side hustle to become independent.
- Additionally, students can get their hands on an array of lucrative scholarships which ease their financial burden.
- The overall cost of living and tuition fees in Australia is less than in other popular countries to study abroad.
Top Universities and Fees
|University||QS Ranking||Approx Average Fee||Duration|
|Flinder University||380||$35,500- $38,500||2 years|
|Deakin University||233||$35,00- $39,500||1.5 years|
|Monash University||42||$48,000 – $50,000||1.5 years|
Apart from this, students can also pursue a Master in Health Administration in Australia, which is another popular course. In addition, here are the top Australian universities you can go for:
- University of New South Wales
- La Trobe University
- Bond University
- Flinders University
- Murdoch University
Know more about Student Life in Australia
Cost of Studying and Living in Australia
When it comes to shortlisting a foreign country to pursue higher education, the cost of studying and living are among the most important factors to consider. It helps students in making the right decision that fits their budget.
Before moving on to the actual answer, it should be remembered that the average cost depends on different factors like the institution, degree, accommodation, and commute.
Nonetheless, the average cost of studying in Australia can be anywhere around 18,000 AUD- to 50,000 AUD/per year. On the other hand, the average cost of living can be around $4,333 a month.
Scholarships to Study in Australia
When it comes to pursuing higher education, paying tuition fees is the greatest hurdle that students face. Therefore, a scholarship is a great way to overcome financial hiccups as it covers the educational expenses of a student. In addition, here are some of the top scholarships to study in Australia.
|Scholarship||Offered By||Eligible Study Level|
|Deakin Scholarship for Excellence||Deakin University||UG and PG|
|The Northcote Postgraduate Scholarship||Britain-Australia Society||No limitation on the field of study|
|Scholarships by the Australian Embassy||Australian Embassy||UG, PG, MBA, and PhD|
|Sydney International Student Award||The University of Sydney||UG and PG|
|ACU Destination Australia International Scholarship||Australian Government||UG|
Skills Required for MBA Healthcare Management
Certain skills are required in students’ lives to stay dedicated and motivated toward their ultimate aim. Similarly, students are expected to possess certain basic skills to deal with criticism and thrive in the industry. For MBA Healthcare Management students, here is what you need to possess, reflect on, and implement:
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving ability
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Listening skills
- Supervisory skills
To partake admission in to your desired university in Australia, students are required to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria. However, these criteria differ from university to university. Therefore, students are required to visit the official website of their preferred university and find out detailed information about the same. To give you a general idea, here is what all you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least 50% marks
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- English Language Proficiency Test scores
- GMAT test score (for some universities)
- The student should be at least 17 years of age
As you might have already guessed by now, the application process for studying in any country varies on different factors. Different universities have different requirements including minimum eligibility criteria, rounds of interviews, and entrance exams. Therefore, students are required to check the official website of the university for more detailed information. Nonetheless, here is what the general application process looks like:
1. To begin with, you need to research the different universities that offer MBA in Healthcare Management.
2. Furthermore, check the eligibility criteria and the list of documents required.
3. Next, note down their application process commencement dates to avoid missing the opportunity.
4. Also, fill out the application form by listing your personal and academic details.
5. Upload the required documents to proceed.
6. Finally, pay the application fee and submit it as instructed on the admission portal.
Before moving on, it is essential to remember that the necessary documents required to take admission into Australian universities vary between universities. To embark on this journey, here is what all you might need to submit as part of your application:
- A filled-out application form
- Official academic transcripts
- Updated resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of recommendation (LOR)
- A copy of the passport
- Visa documents
- Passport size photographs
- Work experience documents (in some cases)
Scope of MBA in Healthcare Management
When a student plans to pursue their interest in any field of study, career opportunities are one such factor that can make or break the entire decision. Luckily, when it comes to studying MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia, there are tons of different decently-paying job profiles you can go for. Here is what the list includes:
|Job Profile||Average annual salary|
|Clinical Manager||$110,000 to $125,000|
|Hospital Administrator||$70,000 to $85,000|
|Healthcare Consultant||$80,000 to $100,00|
|Nurse Manager||$113,000 to $128,000|
|Practice Manager||$75300 to $87,000.|
Here are some of the top recruiters that will hire you post your completion of your MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia:
- Nursing homes
- Hospital consulting firms
- Health insurance companies
- Laboratories and clinics
- Public health departments
- Health agencies
Ans. The answer to this question depends on multiple factors such as university and campus. Nonetheless, to give you an idea, pursuing MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia can cost you around 14,000 to 47,280 AUD.
Ans. Yes, to your surprise, the job prospects after completing MBA in Healthcare Management are quite promising. For instance, you can work as a hospital administrator, medical practice manager, pharmaceutical product manager, and so on. The ultimate choice depends on your specific interests in the field.
Ans. Yes, there are numerous scholarship options available for students in Australia. However, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria to get such financial aid and pursue higher education. You can find detailed information about the same on the official website of universities.
We hope that this blog helped you with everything you need to know about MBA in Healthcare Management in Australia. Moreover, if we missed out on anything, feel free to let us know in the comments below.
If you want to study abroad but have no clue where to begin and how to do so, do not worry. Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts to get complete end-to-end assistance in getting admission into your dream university. Contact us at 1800 57 2000 or sign up for a free session with us now!