Hi! I’m Astronaut Alex 👨🚀🚀, and today, we’re talking about art therapy. Do you know what is art therapy? Well, don’t fret if this is a new term for you. I’ll help you understand what it is all about.
Art Therapy is a sort of psychotherapy in which people express themselves through the use of art. If you wish to pursue Art Therapy courses, then Sydney can be an ideal place to do so. Capital of New South Wales and one of Australia’s largest cities, Sydney is home to some of the world’s greatest educational institutions. Hence, pursuing Art Therapy courses Sydney can be one of the best decisions of your life. Art Therapy courses can assist people in dealing with stress, anxiety, and mental health difficulties. These programs will teach you about art therapy and its concepts, as well as how to work with clients who have physical and mental disabilities.
Hope you have a gist of what the course is all about. This is just the beginning! Join me as I take you on a journey of pursuing Art Therapy Courses in Sydney. Let’s go!🚀
This Blog Includes:
- 📖 Why Study Art Therapy courses Sydney?
- 🏫 Top Universities and Courses for Art Therapy Courses Sydney
- ✅ Eligibility for Art Therapy Courses Sydney
- 📄 Application Process for Art Therapy Courses Sydney
- 🔮Scope of Art Therapy Courses Sydney
📖 Why Study Art Therapy courses Sydney?
It can be difficult to choose a city to study in as an international student. However, deciding to study in Sydney will be one of the best decisions you will ever make.
Here are some of the main reasons why you should study Art Therapy courses Sydney:
➡️ Diverse Culture
Sydney is a diversified, cosmopolitan city where it is simple to meet new people and try new things. Throughout the year, Sydney celebrates different festivals from diverse cultures, including Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Malaysian, and others. Many of these cultural festivals take place in the districts surrounding Sydney Harbour’s Darling Harbour and The Rocks.
➡️ Excellent Education System
The education system in Australia is known to be excellent and recognised globally. Some of the most prestigious universities in the city include:
- The University of Sydney
- UNSW Sydney
- University of Technology Sydney
- Australian Catholic University Limited
- International College of Management
➡️ Employment Opportunities
As Sydney is Australia’s largest city, its popularity among tourists and locals means that there are numerous job prospects for students. Working in hospitality, retail, or even starting your own business are all options.
Also Read: Masters in Counselling
🏫 Top Universities and Courses for Art Therapy Courses Sydney
Sydney is home to some of the world’s most famous institutions and educational institutes. Here are some of the finest Art Therapy courses Sydney along with their annual tuition fees:
|University||Course Offered||Duration||Type of Program||Annual Tuition Fees|
|Western Sydney University||Master of Art Therapy||2 Years||Offline||AU$28,056|
|Ikon Institute of Australia||Diploma Of Arts Therapy||1 Year||On Campus, Online Learning|
|Sydney Art School||Art Therapy Courses|
Also Read: Career in Depression Counselling
✅ Eligibility for Art Therapy Courses Sydney
Make sure you meet the qualifying requirements before enrolling in Art Therapy courses Sydney. While admission criteria vary by university, the following are the typical requirements for Art Therapy courses in Sydney:
- Students need to fulfil the following English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL internet-based score of 82: Writing 21, Speaking 18, Reading 13, Listening 13;
- IELTS: 6.5 overall score (min 6.0 in each subtest);
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 58 overall;
- No communication skills less than 50.
- Students must have a 65% or higher in class 12 to be admitted to a bachelor’s degree program. Students applying for master’s degrees at universities in Sydney must hold a bachelor’s degree or an abroad certificate equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or tertiary institution, or a Graduate Diploma from a recognised tertiary institution or university.
- Applicants also have to submit the following documents:
- Your visa application fee
- Proof of enrolment (your electronic confirmation of enrolment eCOE)
- A valid passport
- Academic and work experience documents
- Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare)
- Evidence of your English proficiency skills (such as IELTS test scores)
- Passport-sized photographs
- Details of your health insurance policy (OSHC)
📄 Application Process for Art Therapy Courses Sydney
The admission process for Art Therapy courses Sydney may be perplexing for students. Fortunately, Leverage Edu can drastically speed up the process.
In the following methods, we can help you with your application:
- Using our AI Course Finder, you may select the course you want to take.
- Leverage Edu’s experts will subsequently initiate the application process for the university of your choice on your behalf.
- Your application must include essays, TOEFL, SOPs, LORs, IELTS, and other documentation. As a result, gather and assemble the required documents.
- Our team will begin your application for housing, scholarships, and student loans as soon as you complete your application and all necessary paperwork.
- Keep an eye out for your offer letter, which should arrive within 4-6 weeks.
🔮Scope of Art Therapy Courses Sydney
In Sydney, there are various opportunities for Art Therapy graduates. After finishing your Art Therapy courses Sydney, you can apply for the following positions:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Child Life Specialist||AU$95,141|
|Art Instructor or Educator||AU$85,000 to AU$100,000|
|Community Outreach Coordinator||AU$80,000 to AU$110,000|
Also Read: What is Career Counselling?
|Study Counselling Courses in Ireland: A Comprehensive Guide||Art Therapy Courses|
|PhD Psychology Australia: Universities, Fees, Scope, Eligibility||Top Occupational Therapy Colleges in India|
|Occupational Therapy Courses||Counseling Psychology|
Mr. Astronaut👨🚀🚀- “ Kiddos, I have answered all your queries with the utmost precision that I was capable of. Now, I will be taking my leave, but if you think that I might have missed something do checkout the FAQ section or drop a comment. I always respond!”
Ans. In Australia, the average art therapist’s pay is AU$83,364 per year, or AU$42.75 per hour. Entry-level salaries begin at AU$71,608 per year, with the most experienced workers earning up to $103,048 per year.
Ans. Yes, one in every five Australians may suffer mental health concerns over their lifetime, making mental health workers more in need than ever.
Ans. Art therapy is a sort of psychotherapy in which people express themselves through the use of art. It can assist people in dealing with stress, anxiety, and mental health difficulties. This course will teach you about art therapy and its concepts, as well as how to work with clients who have physical and mental disabilities.
So, this was all about the Art Therapy Courses Sydney. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counseling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.