476 Visa Processing Time: The 476 Visa permits international students to pursue higher education or employment in Australia for a specific time frame. Individuals who are recent engineering graduates can apply for such a visa. The foremost criterion for acquiring the visa is that the applicant must hold a degree from a recognised institution. The permission granted to international students by the Australian government under this programme to live and work in the stated nation is for 18 months.
Those who have completed 18 months or have worked for 12 months in Australia will be allowed to apply for an Australian skilled visa. This permit is called the Subclass 476 Visa. Read the article to learn more about this visa and its processing time.
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Diploma Courses in Australia
Australia 476 Visa Processing Time
The official timeframe for the processing time of a 476 Australian Visa is around 10 to 12 months. However, if an individual can demonstrate their eligibility via legitimate paperwork and can meet all the prerequisites, he/she can acquire the said visa much before the stated period.
Applicants must keep in mind to not omit crucial data or information from their applications as it will only put the entire process in jeopardy and result in a prolonged application process. Candidates need to provide prompt and relevant answers to the queries asked by the Department of Home Affairs.
476 Visa (Australia) Validity Period
The 476 Australian Visa comes with a validity period of 18 months (as per the Australian Embassy). The visa becomes valid once the application date is issued by the authorities. Applicants should keep in mind that the visa does not permit them to stay any longer than the deadline issued by the authorities.
476 Visa Extention
The 476 Australian Visa does not allow applicants to extend the deadline of their stay. In other words, the 476 Visa is not extendable. Furthermore, applicants cannot apply for another 476 Visa as per convenience. Individuals who wish to extend or continue their stay in Australia must apply for some other sponsored visa or a permanent visa.
476 Visa (Australia) Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to further their education, seek employment or simply wish to live in Australia must apply for the 476 Australian Visa. However, to be deemed eligible for the said visa, one must meet the following criteria.
- The eligible age limit for the 476 Australian Visa is less than 31 years of age.
- Applicant must hold a legitimate engineering degree from a reputed institution.
- Applicant must have pursued their engineering degree in any of the following domains: Civil Engineering/ Structural Engineering/ Chemical engineering/ Environmental engineering/ Electrical and electronics engineering/ Mechanical engineering/ Mining and material engineering.
- Candidates must be holding a Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree/ Doctoral Degree/ Postgraduate Degree.
- Individuals who’ve previously applied or have had a temporary graduate visa 485/skilled graduate visa will not be considered eligible to apply for the 476 Australian Visa.
Also Read: All About Upcoming Intakes in Australia
Documents Required for a 476 Visa
Students applying for a 476 Australian Visa are mandated to hold the following list of documents.
- Candidates are required to submit proof of their identity (passport, ID card or any other document that proves the name of an individual).
- Applicants must hold a legitimate engineering degree from a reputed institution. Individuals are required to submit copies of their transcripts/letters of completion.
- Individuals are required to show proof of their language proficiency.
- Applicants must submit proof of character and helping forms.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must submit their birth certificate, a parental permission form 1229, and a statutory declaration.
Applicants must apply online for the skilled graduate visa 467 through ImmiAccount. Individuals must submit scanned copies of the necessary documents. To ensure a smooth and successful registration procedure, applicants must pay the required amount. You can apply for this visa from anywhere in the world, but you must be outside of Australia when your visa is issued.
The application fee for a visa 476 is AUD410/ INR 22,910.
The visa allows you to bring your close family members including your spouse/partner, your children or your partner’s children (minor or adult dependents).
The official Australian 476 Visa processing time is around 10 to 12 months. However, if an individual can demonstrate their eligibility via legitimate paperwork and can meet all the prerequisites, he/she can acquire the said visa much before the stated period.
Individuals who wish to work or further their education in Australia must hold a 476 (Australia) Visa. The 476 Visa permits international students to pursue higher education or employment in Australia for a specific time frame and the 476 visa processing time is also not too long. Individuals who are recent engineering graduates can apply for such a visa. The visa can be a gateway for those who wish to lay a solid groundwork for themselves in various academic and professional domains.
We hope you now understand how to apply for various types of Australian Visas! Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu and we will guide you on your dream journey!