Anna University is a public university which is located in Tamil Nadu. However, the main campus is located in Chennai. The university offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Applied Sciences which are relevant in today’s society. In this article, you will know how to get into Anna University, its admission process, eligibility criteria and much more.
Here is a quick overview of the university and what you should know about it.
|University Name||Anna University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Offered UG courses||B.E, B.Sc(CEG), B.Arch|
|Offered PG courses||M.Tech, M.E, M. Arch, M.Plan, M.Sc(CEG), MBA|
This Blog Includes:
Anna University Application Form 2023
Application forms for Anna University have been released for all the Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses for the academic year 2023. The application form consists of some personal questions and academic-related information which is asked of the candidate.
The application form is available in the online mode and May 26 is the last date to fill out Anna University application forms and submit.
Here are some additional details regarding the Anna University Application form which the candidate must know:
- All candidates should make sure that the information provided in the application form is legitimate and supported by appropriate documentation.
- Candidates must keep in mind that they must take out a printout of the application form and keep it for future reference.
How to Apply for Anna University Admission?
Anna University offers admission to its university through the centralized admission system. Below mentioned are all the steps which will be required to get admission in courses like engineering, science, management and other related fields:
- Visit the Anna University website.
- Open the admission enrollment window.
- Fill up the application by providing the required information.
- Submit your scanned copies of the photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee.
Once all of this is done, the candidate’s admit card will come, download the admit card. After passing the entrance exam, make sure you go for the counselling sessions.
The last step will be document verification, after which the candidates will be allotted seats after selecting their choice of course.
Keep in mind, the selection of the candidate is solely based on the rank he/she gets in the entrance exam.
Mode of Payment
Here is all the required information about the mode of payment which will be required at the time of registration:
- Students who want to pursue courses like BE/B.Tech/B. Arch will have to pay only Rs 500.
- Students must make sure that they keep all documents like signatures and photographs ready in jpeg format and the size as prescribed by the form.
- Keep in mind, an application form without relevant information, mark sheets, or photographs will not be accepted.
- In the end, only shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process.
Anna University Entrance Exam 2023
Anna University provides admission to several professional programs based on the student’s marks from the entrance exam. The university conducts TANCET or Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2023 which is conducted for MBA, MArch, MTech & other PG courses.
The pattern for the TANCET has always remained the same, that is, it has a total of 100 questions. Apart from this, the period of the exam has also always been the same, which is 2 hours. As for the syllabus, it varies from candidate to candidate as it depends on what course he/she is applying for.
Anna University Counselling Process 2023
The counselling process for any university admission is conducted after the result declaration. This year, the counselling process will be commenced through online mode. The candidate will have to log in through the website, where they will be required to enter their user ID & password to download their call letter.
Keep in mind that the candidates get their seats allotted based on the marks obtained in the examination based on the merit list & entrance examination.
It is expected that the counselling process for all the candidates will tentatively start in June/July.
Documents Required for Counselling 2023
Here is the list of documents which are required for the counselling process:
- 10+2, Graduation and Master’s mark sheet.
- A deposit of Rs 5000 will be required at the time of counselling in the form of DD.
- Migration certificate.
- Caste certificate (if the candidate falls under the reserved category).
- Counselling letter.
- Filled application form
- Scorecard of the entrance exam and receipt of the seat allocation.
Leading companies such as DE Shaw, CISCO, Samsung R&D, and Citi Bank were some of the top recruiters in 2022.
The last date to apply for Anna University is May 26. Candidates can fill out the form by visiting the official website.
The application form for Anna University will only be available online and candidates applying to it through any other way will not be accepted.
Hope this blog helped you with all the necessary information on how to get into Anna University. For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian University page, and if you have any queries feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned to our social media handles of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter handles.