Candidates who are skilled Canadian professionals and are looking for work opportunities must apply for an H1 B visa in Canada. H1 B visa is a non-immigrant work visa. Canadians can take advantage of this visa and gain work experience which will be very beneficial. Want to know about the steps for applying? Check below the article to learn about what is H1 B Visa, the eligibility criteria, key pillars, application process, eligibility criteria, documents required, processing fees, validity period, etc.
This Blog Includes:
Check about Work Visa USA Requirements
What is H1 B Visa Canada?
H1 B Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows skilled professionals in Canada to work in the US. This visa employs candidates in higher job profiles who require a bachelor’s degree or higher. Each year the H1 B visa is issued to almost 65000 visas for regular students and an additional 20000 visas are reserved for candidates with Master’s degrees from universities in the US.
H1 B Visa Canada Holders – Key Pillars
The government of Canada offers four key pillars to H1 B visa Canada holders and they are as follows:
- Pillar 1: These holders and their family members are offered 3-year open work permits
- Pillar 2: They are offered an Innovation Stream under the International Mobility Program.
- Pillar 3: Canada is promoted as a destination for Digital Nomads.
- Pillar 4: Strengthening existing programs for High-Skilled Tech Workers.
Application Process for H1 B Visa Canada
Check below to learn the application process for this visa:
- Submit the complete application form along with the fees
- Secondly, the candidate must schedule an interview with the US consulate
- During the interview, the candidates must bring with them the passport, I-797 approval notice, complete I-129 petition
Know About What is US Work Visa?
Eligibility Criteria for H1 B Visa Canada
Check below the eligibility criteria for the visa holders:
- Candidates should have the relevant visa for Canada
- The candidates must be present in Canada with a visa
- He/she should have a valid job offer from a US-based employer
- A labour condition application certificate is also required
Document Requirements for H1 B Visa Canada
Check below what are the documents required by the visa holders:
- A valid passport for more than 3 years
- Valid proof of H1 B status
- Digital photograph
- Marriage or birth certificate
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Updated resume
- Individuals must keep ready with them 10 years of a personal history of address without any proof
- Other information is also required such as birth date, email IDs, and current address of parents or siblings if required
Difference Between H1 B Visa Canada vs USA
Check below the points of difference between the two visa in the US and Canada
|H-1B’s in the U.S.
|U.S. H-1B’s in Canada
|Temporary work visa
|Permanent residency status
|Initially 3 years but can be extended to 6 years
|This needs to be renewed every 5 years.
|Promising Future, especially for H-1B’s.
|A job offer is NOT required.
|Job offer is NOT required.
|Has to work for a specific employer and job profile
|Free to work for any employer in any occupation
|Education for Children
|Path to Citizenship
|This can lead to a Green Card and eventual citizenship
|Eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years.
|Employer sponsorship and a job offer is required
|Access to a universal healthcare system.
|Free Healthcare for both self and family
|7000$ – 9000$
|2000$ – 2,300$
|Dependence on Job
|Loss of employment can lead to visa expiration and potential deportation.
|Independent of job, unless PR card renewal requirements are not met.
Processing Fees for H1 B Visa Canada
Check below the table to know the processing fees for the visa holders:
|Basic Visa Filing Fee (I-129)
|Public Law 114 -113 Fee
|USCIS Fraud Prevention detection fee
|ACWIA Education and Training Fee
|$750(less than 25 employees)$1500 (more than 25 employees)
Validity of H1 B Visa Canada
Usually, the H1 B visa for Canada is granted for three years initially but can be extended for another 3 years. However, if the candidate has approved a green card application then he/she can extend their validity beyond 6 years.
Candidates must also check How to Apply for Canada Student Visa?
The processing time for the visa usually ranges from 1 month to 6 months. However, there are several other factors responsible for H1B Visa Canada.
Yes, Indians can get an H1 stamp on their visa in Canada provided they have done their graduation from a university based in the US.
The success rate of H1 visa interviews remained at 93% from October 2020 to September 2021.
We hope you now understand what is H1 B visa such as application process, eligibility criteria, processing fees, validity period, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!