International visitors require an Australian visa to enter the country. The exception is New Zealand citizens who can get a visa on arrival. Other passport holders, must obtain an Australia visa. To apply for a visa, applicants must meet the eligibility and documentation requirements. Only after this, a person can apply for an Australian visa. The visa fees vary depending on the type of visa. The application for a visa can be sent using ImmiAccount.Keep reading to learn more about Australian visa requirements.
Australian visa Options
There are different types of Australian visas. The Australian visa requirements (eligibility) vary depending on the visa type. Here we have provided a list of the visa types.
|To visit friends/family or for tourism purposes
|Family and Partner Visa
|Granted to bring family or partner to Australia
|Studying and Training Visa
|For educational or training purposes
|Resident Return Visa
|Granted to Australian citizens to travel in and out of Australia
|Medical Treatment Visa
|To get medical treatment in Australia
|up to 72 hours to transit Australia
|Working and Skilled Visa
|To obtain employment in Australia
|Australia Citizenship by Descent
|Children of Australian citizens living outside the country want to obtain citizenship
This Blog Includes:
Australia Visa Requirements: Eligibility
The Australian visa requirements eligibility varies depending on the visa type. The eligibility criteria for some of the most popular visas in Australia are as follows:
|Australia Visa Requirements (Eligibility)
|Visitor Visa (subclass 600)
|Intend to come to Australia to visit only, have sufficient finances, and must be outside Australia while applying
|Transit visa (Subclass 771)
|Must be transiting Australia, have evidence of a confirmed booking to travel to another country within 72 hours of arrival in Australia, and hold a Maritime Crew visa and the necessary crew documents (if joining a ship)
|Student visa (subclass 500)
|The applicant must be enrolled in an educational institution in Australiahold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) must, prove you have a welfare arrangement, ( under 18), and must be older than 6 years of age
|Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887)
|hold an eligible visa, must have lived for at least 2 years and worked full time for at least 1 year in a specified regional area, and have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa
|Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
|The applicant must be enrolled in an educational institution in Australia hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) must, prove you have a welfare arrangement, ( under 18), and must be older than 6 years of age
Australia Visa Requirements: Documentation
The following are the Australia Visa documentation general requirements. Applicants must present these documents to apply for a visa in Australia.
- The applicant must have filled out the visa application form. Note the visa application form varies depending on the visa type.
- The applicant must have paid the visa fees and must have a valid passport
- The visa applicant must have adequate health insurance coverage. This is the same for the family members of the applicant (if they are applying for a visa as well),. That is, they must be covered by an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- Additionally, the applicant must present proof of sufficient funds. That is, he/she must have sufficient funds to cover living expenses in Australia.
- Moreover, the applicant must provide as ‘a genuine temporary entrant’. For this, the visa applicant must submit a personal statement in English addressing the GTE requirement.
- Must meet the character requirements; It means the applicant must not have a substantial criminal record, be involved in a child crime, or be charged with escaping detention
- The applicant must also sign the Australian values states. Applicants who are 18 or older 18 must have been explained the Life in Australia booklet, and sign an Australian Values Statement
- The applicant must also meet the English eligibility requirements and provide proof of the same. English eligibility requirements
- Additionally, the applicant and the applicant’s family must have paid back any debt to the Australian government.
- Must not have had any visa refused in the past. The immigration history plays a crucial role in the visa application.
- Moreover, the applicant must meet the visa-specific requirements. Each visa has a distinct requirement and applicants must meet this. For example, for a student visa the applicant must have obtained an offer letter from an Australian university, for a transit visa, the applicant must leave Australia within 72 hours and must provide details of the same, etc.
How to Apply for an Australian Visa?
To apply for an Australian visa, the applicants must meet the Australian visa requirements. Once, the eligibility criteria are met, and the documents are arranged the applicant can send the visa application. The steps for the same are provided below:
- Use the Visa Finder to find the visa that you want to apply for. The visa finder can also be used to check which visa matches the specific requirements.
- Have the necessary documents and lodge an application using the Immi Account
- Pay the online visa charges. Note the visa charges differ based on the visa type.
- It is important to note that the visa application has to be submitted before the intended travel date. The travel arrangements should not be finalized before travelling.
Temporary or Permanent Visa
The main difference between a temporary visa and a permanent visa is that temporary visas have fewer rights compared to a permanent visa holder. For example, a permanent visa holder can access unrestricted work conditions. Moreover, they can receive government benefits. On the other hand, a temporary visa holder will have restricted working conditions, They are also not entitled to government payments. There are different types of temporary and permanent visas, and most of the visas allow the visa holder to bring dependent family members.
Yes. A visa is required to enter Australia and to obtain the visa, the applicants must meet the Australian visa requirements. Only New Zealand citizens can obtain a visa on arrival. The rest of the people from other countries must obtain an Australian visa.
To obtain a visitor visa, the applicant must have sufficient funds, along with accommodation. Usually, the bank statements for the past 3 months have to be submitted. A minimum amount of AUD 5,000 is needed.
Yes. An Australian tourist visa is easy to obtain. However, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and present the relevant documents for the same,
We hope you now understand Australian visa Requirements. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!