The MBBS full form is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. To be exact the abbreviation MBBS stands for the Latin description Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae. It is a 5-year + 1-year undergraduate course. The degree equips students with a deeper understanding of medicine and surgery. It is an undergraduate medical programme that allows students to pursue their goals of becoming doctors or surgeons. This course is open to students who have studied PCB in their 12th class.
Also Read: MBBS in UK
What are the Eligibility Criteria to Pursue MBBS?
The following are the eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS:
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in the 10+2 exam from a recognized board. For students from SC/ST/OBC category, students must have scored 40% of the marks.
- Students must have pursued the science stream with Physics, Biology and Chemistry as main subjects.
- The candidate is also required to qualify for the entrance exam like NEET to pursue MBBS.
Also Read: MD/MBBS in USA
Which are the Top MBBS Colleges in India?
The following are the top MBBS colleges in India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Christian Medical College
- Kasturba Medical College
- King George’s Medical University
- The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
Which are the top MBBS colleges abroad?
The following are the top MBBS colleges abroad:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Toronto
- University College London
- Imperial College London
- Johns Hopkins University
What are the Popular MBBS Specialisation?
The following are the popular MBBS specialisations:
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat)
Also Read: MBBS in Canada
We hope this has helped you understand the MBBS full form and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!