The full form of RDO is Revenue Divisional Office. The revenue divisions are the divisional administrations in every district of some states of India. These district-level revenue divisions are categorized into mandalas. In this revenue division, the RDO or revenue division officer works as the head of the division.
Who is an RDO?
A Revenue Division Officer is the head of the revenue division administration located in every division of some of the Indian states. The revenue division officer works on certain revenue matters.
Qualifications for RDO
- Need to be a 10th, or 12th pass or graduate
- Apply for the State civil service exam
- Complete your training and then you will be posted as a Revenue division officer
Skills Required for Becoming an RDO
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Leadership qualities
- Strong Communication Skills
- Attentive to details
- Team builder
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent technological skills
Responsibilities of RDO
- Protect and guard Government land and properties including buildings, Irrigation sources, trees etc.
- Observe and inspect leases, transfer, alienation and Assignment of Government Lands and take appropriate follow-up action after due Inspections where required
- Check encroachment and unauthorized occupation of ineligible Sivai Jamedars on Government lands and take proper follow-up action including action for cancellation of irregular assignment etc
- Check village Accounts, Azmoish of crops particularly the cases where remission has been proposed.
- Conduct Jamabandi, the Annual settlement of Village Accounts
- During adverse Seasonal Conditions, confirm proper submission of proposals for grant of remission of land revenue.
- Attend to general Land Acquisition work including follow-up on completion of post-award action
- Dispose of Appeals against the orders of charges or punishments of Village Administrative Officers / Village Servants
You may also read
We hope this information helped you to understand the full form of RDO. For more information like this, you can check our page.