The University of Winchester is situated in the picturesque South Downs, near the south coast of the UK. Since it was founded in 1840, the institution has produced outstanding students. The campus of this university, which is divided into four quarters – the King Alfred Quarter, the Medecroft Quarter, the Bar End Quarter and the West Downs Quarter, is full of interesting services. The Nursing course at the University of Winchester is well known in the world. A lot of students enrol in the Nursing course at this university. We bring you a blog with detailed information about pursuing a University of Winchester nursing course.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at University of Winchester?
- Ranking of University of Winchester
- University of Winchester Nursing Course – Overview
- University of Winchester Nursing – Course Details
- University of Winchester Nursing Course – Subjects/Syllabus
- University of Winchester Nursing – Qualifications and Fees
- University of Winchester Nursing – Admission Requirements
- How to Apply
- Admission Deadline 2022/2023
- Living Cost at University of Winchester
- Recruiting Companies
|University Name||University of Winchester|
|Rankings||Impact Rankings 2022 (300 – 400)|
|Course Duration||3-4 years|
|1st Year Fees||14,000 – 17,000 GBP (INR 13 Lakhs – 16 Lakhs)|
|Eligibility||At least a C or 4 in GCSE English Language and Mathematics|
|Placements||UK Ministry of Defence, B&Q, BBC, Fujitsu, etc.|
Why Study at University of Winchester?
- Academics at the forefront of their discipline, forward-thinking and innovative teaching.
- A beautiful campus within walking distance of the city centre.
- Full-time students ranked the institution in the top 5 in the South East of England and in the top 20 in England for overall satisfaction.
- Awarded to Winches by the British Quality Foundation in 2011 the first 5-star accreditation for the organisation’s overall performance in the UK.
- Ranked #107 in the Guardian University Guide 2022 and #106 in the Times University Guide 2022.
Ranking of University of Winchester
|Impact Rankings 2022||#301-400|
|The Complete University Guide – University Ranking (UK)||#106|
|The Guardian – University Rankings ||#107|
University of Winchester Nursing Course – Overview
- Make a difference in people’s lives and learn how to optimise your care in a safe and caring environment.
- Learn from accessible and supportive teachers and get real insights from experienced, registered professionals.
- Bring your learning to life through internships at partner organisations under the supervision of experienced nurses.
- Develop excellent communication skills, clinical knowledge and leadership skills to prepare you for your future professional life.
- You may apply for inclusion in Part 1 (Adults) of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registry upon successful completion of this three-year program affiliated with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
University of Winchester Nursing – Course Details
The duration of the Nursing course is 3 years. The course starts in September.
Our validated courses can use a variety of methods to assess your learning. An indicative and not necessarily exhaustive list of assessment types you may encounter include essays, portfolios, supervised independent work, presentations, written examinations or practical work.
The evaluation also includes –
- 62% coursework
- 25% written exams
- 13% practical exams
University of Winchester Nursing Course – Subjects/Syllabus
- Understanding Self in Professional Practice
- Clinical Sciences 1 – Psychosocial and Biological
- Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Practice Experience 3 – PAD Part 1
- Promoting Good Health and Wellbeing
- Practice Experience 4 – Consolidating Nursing Practice
- Clinical Sciences 2 – Application
- Developing Nursing Practice in Adult Health
- Practice Experience 5 – PAD Part 2
- Practice Inquiry Project
- Practice Experience 7 – Consolidating Nursing Practice
- Practice Experience 8 – PAD Part 3
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
University of Winchester Nursing – Qualifications and Fees
|Nursing Course Options||Duration||Fees per year (in GBP)|
|BN (Hons) Nursing (Adult)||3 years||17,200|
|BN (Hons) Nursing (Child)||3 years||–|
|BN (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)||3 years||16,300|
|BN (Hons) Nursing (Learning Disabilities)||3 years||–|
University of Winchester Nursing – Admission Requirements
- Academic Qualifications
At least a C or 4 in GCSE English Language and Mathematics. Applicants for this degree are expected to attend an interview at the university. Our admissions team will contact you upon receipt of your application with further information on the interview format.
- Indian Students Eligibility
104-120 points to include at least 2 higher Class 4 or higher IB certificates.
- In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
|Exam||Average Score Required|
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
- Higher Education Diploma
- Scottish Highers
- UAL Diploma or Extended Diploma
- WJEC Applied Certificate or Diploma
- Birth certificate
- Reference letters, if required
- Copies of degree or diploma certificates, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Research proposal or Portfolio
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Admission Deadline 2022/2023
The admission deadlines for international students are –
|Sessions||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
Living Cost at University of Winchester
|Cost||Amount per annum|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
|Name||Amount (INR)||International Students Eligible|
|International Students Scholarship (Postgraduate)||2.8 Lakhs||Yes|
|International Students Scholarship||95 thousand||Yes|
|Commonwealth Scholarships For Masters and PhD Students||Variable||Yes|
Our students are enthusiastic people. As a student employer, you can positively impact the careers of your employees by training and empowering them in a safe environment, you can help them reach their potential. By building their skills and confidence, you can give them a taste of responsibility. More importantly, it can show them what a good employer looks like and empower them to spot brilliant employer practices as they begin their careers.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
- Hampshire County Council
- Southampton City Council
- National Trust
- West Sussex County Council
- UK Ministry of Defence
The University of Winchester is small, elegant, desirable and values-driven, with an international reach. The campus offers a dynamic academic environment in a friendly, social and supportive environment.
The average acceptance rate is 86% at the University of Winchester.
Winchester remains a traditional cathedral city that’s not particularly big or dynamic, making it a pretty good place for students who want a quieter college experience, with a bit of old-style culture.
This was about a Nursing Course at University of Winchester. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!