If you are planning to study MBA or any other Business and Management degree from top business schools, you need to have a great GMAT score. Considered one of the most popular MBA entrance exams, it is taken by thousands of students every year. GMAC is the conducting body of the GMAT exam which evaluates the Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal, and Analytical Writing skills of a candidate. Have you checked what is required to take the exam before doing the GMAT registration? Let us see what is the eligibility criteria for the GMAT exam, through this blog!
|Full-Form||Graduate Management Admission Test|
|Conducted by||GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)|
|Nationality||All Nationalities Accepted|
|Age Limit||18 YearsCandidates belonging to the 13-17 age group require written proof of their guardian’s consent before taking the GMAT exam.No upper age limit has been prescribed|
|Academic Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Number of Attempts||5 times in a calendar year and up to 8 times in a lifetime|
|Retaking the GMAT exam||16 Days (Minimum)|
This Blog Includes:
- Latest Updates in GMAT
- GMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
Latest Updates in GMAT
The most recent GMAT Online Test update has been disclosed by GMAC:
- The GMAT online exam will no longer be limited to two attempts per participant. The total number of GMAT tries—5 in a rolling 12-month period and 8 overall—will be increased by online attempts.
- Five free score reports are available with the GMAT online test. Once the official online exam results are released, you have 48 hours to use the five free score reports. For US$35 apiece, additional score reports are available for purchase.
GMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
GMAC has not prescribed any eligibility criteria for the GMAT exam. However, there are some important points that you must know before applying for the exam. Here are the eligibility criteria you need to take into consideration before applying for the GMAT test:
- As such, there is no upper limit to appearing for the GMAT test.
- GMAC has prescribed a minimum age limit of an aspirant of at least 18 years.
- Candidates falling within the age range of 13-17 years are eligible for appearing in the test provided, aspirants falling in this age category submit their written consent with due consideration and of their legal parents/guardians.
Educational Qualifications – GMAT Eligibility Criteria
As already mentioned, GMAC has not defined any eligibility criteria related to the examination. However, those who are applying for master’s or PG diploma degrees must hold a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Language Eligibility Criteria for GMAT
- Basic understanding and fluency in the English language are compulsory.
- You must be able to tackle tricky questions in the examination. To do that, your familiarity with the language plays a vital role.
- As such, there is no work experience prescribed by GMAC. However, some of the top business schools may require you to have work experience of 3-5 years.
- Candidates with relevant and sufficient years of experience are highly preferred to adjust and contribute to effective business methods of learning.
Other Restrictions on GMAT Eligibility Criteria
- To appear for the GMAT test, GMAC has not set any restrictions related to gender, age, nationality, religion as well as academic background.
- A special exam accommodation can be provided to differently-abled candidates based on their authentic proof of medical documentation which will be treated as confidential. Its confidentiality has been thoroughly described in the GMAC’s privacy statements.
Attempting Limit For GMAT
Only a few qualifications are needed to take the GMAT:
- The GMAT can only be retaken after 16 days of the scheduled date.
- The GMAT can only be taken five times each year by an applicant.
- A test-taker is limited to eight attempts at the exam over their lifetime.
- A candidate who achieves the highest GMAT score is required to wait five years before taking the test again.
- The exam taker must register for each GMAT attempt.
Palm Vein Identification in GMAT
GMAC takes this measure to guard against test-taking forgery. At check-in, candidates are required to present a palm vein impression as identification. It is difficult for someone to take the GMAT on someone else’s behalf thanks to the palm vein reader biometric. To make sure the exam is fair, this measure is being taken.
Importance of GMAT Eligibility Criteria
Your top concern should be meeting the GMAT qualifying requirements if you wish to enrol in a prominent MBA programme. GMAT eligibility is a frequent concern shared by almost all applicants to certain MBA programmes. Participants take the GMAT exam after their eligibility has been confirmed, and their scores are determined by the methods they used to prepare. Because the GMAT exam evaluation is “computer adaptive,” it is not quite a stroll in the park. Along with working hard to study for the exam, candidates must use strategy and analyse the GMAT’s analytics as an aptitude assessment test. GMAT test administrators evaluate candidates who will revolutionise the corporate world using the idea of “Artificial Intelligence.”
The basic GMAT eligibility criteria require you to be 18 years of age, however, if you are below 18 years of age, you can legally take the due consent of your parents/ guardians with written proof of permission. Yes, there is no upper age limit on the test.
You are not eligible to appear in the GMAT test after your 12th standard. Graduation is a mandatory requirement for appearing in GMAT.
You must be at least 18 years old to participate. Those between the ages of 13 and 17 must obtain written permission from a parent or legal guardian to take the GMAT exam. There is no maximum age for taking the GMAT exam.
You need to have prior work experience to give GMAT examination. It is important to know that GMAT scores are valid for 5 years. The scores can be used to apply to colleges. If we talk about IIM Bangalore, they would require around 4 years of experience for admission into the PGPEX program.
There are a defined syllabus and question types prescribed by GMAC. It is easier than CAT when it comes to preparing. There is a possibility of scoring 700+ on the GMAT examination with 90-120 hours of dedicated preparation. The CAT’s Quantitative section is more difficult than GMAT.
There are many prestigious schools based in India such as ISB, IIMs, and Great Lakes that accept the GMAT for the MBA program. IIMs only accept GMAT for their one-year MBA program, known as PGPEX (Post Graduate Program for Executives)
Yes, there is a considerable opportunity for you to land in prestigious universities even if you have only one year of work experience.
GMAT scoring between 650-690 is an impressive grading. However, MBA experts believe that a score of 700 or higher is an excellent grade.
Hope you are clear with the GMAT eligibility criteria. Getting a score of 750+ can be daunting for many, however, the best GMAT faculty at Leverage Edu can help you do that. Enrol with us and get live sessions, personalized study plans, doubt clarification, and effective results!