Have you ever wondered what goes into making fibres and adhesives? Although you could have used that a lot, are you aware of how it was made? In general, not everyone is interested in learning about it. However, if you are a student of chemical engineering or are interested in the field, you are undoubtedly informed about it. If you are an aspirant for MS in Chemical Engineering then you are reading through the right source. Let’s discuss the procedure and requirements for receiving admission to the MS in Chemical Engineering program in Germany.
|Eligibility||Minimum 60% in bachelor’s degree in relevant fields from a recognized university.|
|Language Proficiency Test||IELTS– 6.5 TOEFL– 88-95 PTE– 65|
|German Proficiency||One of the following certificates is required to prove German language proficiency for international students:
TestDaF with level 4 or 5 in all four parts DSH 2 or 3Telc C-1 HochschuleC 2-Zertifikat des Geothe-Instituts
|Tuition Fee||The tuition fees for a Master in Chemical Engineering from Germany may be between 2.79 lacs to 25.55 Lakhs p.a (Depending upon the university).|
|Cost of Living||Approximately INR12.01 Lakhs|
|Top Recruiters||BASF, Shell, P&G|
|Average Salary||The range between INR 44.38 Lakhs to INR 59.82 Lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
What is Chemical Engineering?
Chemical engineering is concerned with creating and manufacturing goods using chemical procedures. This includes creating tools, frameworks, and procedures for processing chemicals, combining, compounding, and refining raw materials. Chemical engineers transform laboratory techniques into real-world applications for the manufacture of goods for sale, and they subsequently work to maintain and enhance those processes. They rely on arithmetic, physics, and chemistry, which are the three basic pillars of engineering.
Why Study Chemical Engineering in Germany?
If you’re interested in Chemical Engineering or Process Technology, getting an MS in Chemical Engineering in Germany is a smart move for a variety of reasons. You can obtain the breadth of knowledge required for the international job market by enrolling in one of the many interdisciplinary Master’s programs that are accessible to you, for example. Additionally, students can apply their theoretical knowledge to real-world circumstances in the numerous beautifully equipped and highly specialized laboratories found in German universities.
Popular Universities in Germany for MS in Chemical Engineering
Some of the popular universities offering the best programs for Chemical Engineering are listed below:
|Name of the University||Rank|
|Technical University of Munich (TU- Munich)||49|
|Karlsruhe Institute of Technology||141|
|RWTH Aachen University||147|
|Hamburg University of Technology||228|
|University of Erlangen- Nuremberg (FAU)||340|
Many students from around the world choose to study abroad in Germany. German universities should be on your list of study-abroad possibilities due to their high academic standards, expanding economy, and substantial engineering advancements, to name a few. However, before finalizing the university of your dream let’s take a look at the general eligibility criteria in order to earn a Masters’s degree in Germany::
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study with minimum 60% marks
- English Proficiency test scores (IELTS– 6.5, TOEFL – 88-95 or PTE – 65)
- Work Experience, however, varies from university to university.
- For international students, one of the following documents must be shown as proof of German language proficiency:
- TestDaF with level 4 or 5 in all four parts
- DSH 2 or 3
- Telc C-1 Hochschule
- C 2-Zertifikat des Geothe-Instituts
Many students from around the world choose to study abroad in Germany. German institutions should be on your list of study-abroad options due to their high academic standards, expanding economy, and substantial engineering advancements, to name a few. Let’s now talk about the documents required in order to apply.
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- SOP/LOR’s (Varies from University to university)
- Digital Portfolio
- Financial Proofs
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study Master in Chemical Engineering in Germany:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
The greatest approach to spread out the cost of your education and living expenses is through scholarships. Here are a few of the scholarships available:
|Name of the Scholarships||Eligibility Criteria||Benefits per month|
|DAAD||Graduation with above-average results(top 30%) or 85% aggregate||750 EURO(INR 60,000)|
|Ulm University Scholarships for International Students||For international students who have completed two semesters||250 EURO(INR 20,000)|
|Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship||International students applying for a graduate program at universities of applied sciences||850 EURO(INR 68,000)|
The Schengen Visa and the National Visa are the two primary categories of student visas for Germany. A student is permitted to stay in Germany for 90 days without a visa under the Schengen Agreement. A student on a national visa may stay for longer than 90 days, but only with a residence permit.
The following papers are needed to apply for a student visa to Germany:
- Completed and signed visa application
- Birth Certificate
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Financial justification of 725 EUR (INR 58,342) per month for Germany’s living expenses
- Additionally, students would need to show up for a visa interview at the German Consulate or Embassy in their place of residence.
Career and Job Prospects in Germany
- Studies show that there has been a substantial change in chemical engineering during the past few years. The advancement that is taking place in several domains is also leading to the emergence of new subjects in the discipline. The exciting research that engineering conducts must be elevated to the fore. The trends and themes in the Chemical Engineering course evolve as the wants and requirements change, much like everything new that enters the market.
- Chemical engineers’ employment is anticipated to expand by 14% between 2021 and 2031, which is substantially faster than the average for all occupations.
- Some of the most sought-after job profiles are:
- Energy Manager
- Environmental Engineer
- Corrosion Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Food Chemist
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Technician
- Mining Engineer
- Project Managers
Ans- Germany is renowned for providing top-notch education, and surprisingly, it is one of the least expensive nations for Indian students to study in.
Ans- Graduates of chemical engineering can work in the commercial sector in fields including biotechnology, cement, fertilizer, food processing, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, and petroleum refineries, among others. Chemical engineers make a good living.
Ans- The majority of German universities don’t require the GRE. However, some universities demand that international applicants have a specific GRE score.
Now that you are aware of all the requirements for applying to the MS in Chemical Engineering program in Germany, confirm that your chosen course must match your skills and qualifications. Based on a person’s interests and skills, the Leverage Edu team of professionals proposes course and university combinations. In order for you to make an informed choice toward a fulfilling profession, our experts also provide admission assistance, from application through housing and funding.