Conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai, MHT CET/MH CET is the required entrance test for securing admission into various courses such as B.E, B.TECH, B.PHARM, LLB, Architecture, B.ED etc. These entrance exams are essential to secure admission into colleges in Maharashtra. Depending on the score secured in the entrance test, candidates are allotted to various colleges in Maharashtra state. With around 3 lakh applicants applying every year, MHT CET is one of the largest entrance exams in India. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is an exam of moderate difficulty and is relatively difficult to crack if you are aiming for top colleges in Maharashtra.
Table of Contents
|Exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Test Takers||4 lakhs|
|Total colleges accepting||400+|
Eligibility for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
Candidates who have domiciles of Maharashtra state as well as outside Maharashtra can appear for the exam. Any incorrect information is found at the time of admission will lead to the cancellation of the applicant’s admission. Given below are the basic eligibility and candidature type of students.
- Age is no bar for applicants applying for MHT CET. However, candidates should be Indian nationals and should have passed their 12 std examination from a recognized university or Institution.
- Candidates who are domiciles of Maharashtra should belong to one of the following types of candidature:
- Type A – candidates who are born in Maharashtra and/or domicile of Maharashtra
- Type B – whose either of the parents is domiciled in Maharashtra.
- Type C – whose either of the parents is an employee of GOI or a GOI undertaking and posted in Maharashtra before the last date of submission of the CAP application.
- Type D – a student with either of the parents employed or retired employees of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra undertaking.
- Type E – Candidates who have passed SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognised university in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- Children of NRI, OCI, PIO, Jammu and Kashmir migrant candidature, children whose parents are IAS, IPS, Army officers are also eligible for the exam.
MHT CET Important dates
The exact dates for the entrance exams may vary depending upon the chosen course. The candidates are required to check the CET portal for more information. However below are the tentative dates of MHT CET exams and applications.
|Application form releasing on||2nd week of Feb|
|Late date to fill||3rd week of March|
|Release of admit card||4th week of April|
|Exam date||1st week of May|
- Applicants are required to get themselves registered in the CET portal and fill in the required details. Without registrations, candidates cannot process with the process.
- In the application form, candidates should fill their accurate personal details, academic details, and communication details after which they’ll be required to pay the application fee. The application fee costs 800 INR for those belonging to the open category and 600 INR for candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- On the day of the examination, the candidates should carry their admit card and valid ID proof.
Check Out – MBA Colleges in Mumbai
Ans. MH CET exam is conducted in 3 languages namely, English, Marathi and Urdu. the applicants should opt for the preferred language in the application form.
Ans. No they are not allowed . diploma holders can opt for lateral entry.
Ans. No only candidates whose parents are NRIs are allowed.
That was all about MHT CET. We hope you find this blog insightful. For guidance get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu!