Driving the economy and meeting the expectations of the consumers, marketing makes a huge impact at both the macro- and micro-level. Tell us one business that does use marketing strategies to intrigue the customers’ attention and eventually make themselves recognized in the society? This is the primary role of a Marketer. These professionals are engaged in understanding what the customers need by maintaining a close relationship with them. The marketers formulate and revise their strategies according to the company as well as the customers. If you are looking forward to a successful career in marketing and preparing for the interview round in your dream corporation, you are exactly at the right place. Through this blog, we will help you enlist various marketing interview questions for freshers.
So let’s get started.
This Blog Includes:
- Marketing Executive Resume
- Job Opportunities after MBA in Marketing
- Digital Marketing Jobs for Freshers
Sample Marketing Interview Questions for Freshers
Being a fresher in the industry and facing your first ever round of interview is like having butterflies in your stomach. Though being qualified in the field of Marketing, it is natural for you to be somewhat anxious about the interview round with the recruiter. An employer looks for certain qualities in a candidate such as interpersonal skills, knowledge of the field, decision-making abilities, confidence, honesty, etc. Therefore, as a candidate, it is essential for you to showcase your talents and abilities in order to ace the personal interview. For you to be prepared for your interview, let us take a look at some of the frequently asked marketing interview questions for freshers.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Elucidate your educational qualifications.
3. What do you know about our organization?
4. Wherefrom did you learn about this position?
5. What are your passions and what drives you to succeed?
6. Why did you choose Marketing as a career?
7. Tell me about your style of leadership.
8. What is Marketing?
9. How is Marketing different from sales?
10. Describe the 4 P’s of Marketing.
11. Tell me about the goals of marketing, in your own words.
12. Sell me this product (hypothetical question)
13. Out of all our products, which of them appeals to you the most and why?
14. Describe your own marketing strategies.
15. What are market shares?
16. What does AIDA stand for?
17. Can you differentiate between the marketing strategies of Coke and Pepsi?
18. What do you know about B2B and B2C? Which of them would you go for?
19. Describe a customer trend going on right now in our industry.
20. In your own words, tell me about PLC (Product Life Cycle)
21. In an unfortunate case of project failure, how would you respond?
22. Given certain budgetary constraints, how will you get through with a project?
23. Describe an incidence or scenario wherein you were successfully able to persuade a stubborn person, if any.
24. How would you sell our products to the customers?
25. Imagine a customer all angry and complaining about the product to you. How will you tackle the situation?
26. Tell me about the difference between interruption marketing and permission marketing?
27. Name some marketing tools and software.
28. Why should we hire you?
29. Where would you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?
Tips and Tricks to Ace the Interview
Now that you are aware of the various marketing interview questions for freshers, simply answering the questions like a robot won’t do any good to you. Confused? Don’t worry, just read these cool tips and tricks for cracking the interview like a pro (even if you are a first-timer).
- Watch out your body language. Don’t fidget and scratch.
- Be prudent. Carry all the necessary documents, needed or not.
- Do your Homework. Research about the employer and the company. Go through their official websites as well as social media handles.
- Honesty is the best policy. Never exaggerate about yourself.
- Dress to impress. Wear formal clothes in neutral colours. Keep loud and bright colours at bay.
- Ask as many relevant questions as you can after the interview culminates.
- Never give vague answers to the questions during the interview.
- Always keep an updated copy of your resume.
- Be a good listener and never argue.
- Always be on time on the day of the interview. Never make your potential employers wait for you.
- Any moment you think of a story or anecdote, do mention it as it showcases your confidence and comfort.
Hopefully, we have given you an insight into the marketing interview questions for freshers. Making a successful career in marketing is a tough feat, however, if you possess all those abilities and skills, the concepts of marketing become easier. If you are still in the phase of hesitation and full of queries, then think no more. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who can help you in connecting with the right mentors overseas to guide you through our career. Book your free 30 minutes brainstorming online career counselling session now.