Driving the economy and meeting the expectations of the consumers, marketing makes a huge impact at both the macro and micro-level. Tell us one business that does use marketing strategies to intrigue the customers’ attention and eventually make themselves recognized in the society? This is the primary role of a Marketer. These professionals are engaged in understanding what the customers need by maintaining a close relationship with them. The marketers formulate and revise their strategies according to the company as well as the customers. If you are looking forward to a successful career in marketing and preparing for the interview round in your dream corporation, you are exactly at the right place. Through this blog, we will help you enlist various marketing interview questions for freshers.
This Blog Includes:
Sample Marketing Interview Questions for Freshers
Being a fresher in the industry and facing your first ever round of interview is like having butterflies in your stomach. Though being qualified in the field of Marketing, it is natural for you to be somewhat anxious about the interview round with the recruiter. An employer looks for certain qualities in a candidate such as interpersonal skills, knowledge of the field, decision-making abilities, confidence, honesty, etc. Therefore, as a candidate, it is essential for you to showcase your talents and abilities in order to ace the personal interview. For you to be prepared for your interview, let us take a look at some of the frequently asked marketing interview questions for freshers.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Elucidate your educational qualifications.
- What do you know about our organization?
- Wherefrom did you learn about this position?
- What are your passions and what drives you to succeed?
- Why did you choose Marketing as a career?
- Tell me about your style of leadership.
- What is Marketing?
- How is Marketing different from sales?
- Describe the 4 P’s of Marketing.
- Tell me about the goals of marketing, in your own words.
- Sell me this product (hypothetical question)
- Out of all our products, which of them appeals to you the most and why?
- Describe your own marketing strategies.
- What are market shares?
- What does AIDA stand for?
- Can you differentiate between the marketing strategies of Coke and Pepsi?
- What do you know about B2B and B2C? Which of them would you go for?
- Describe a customer trend going on right now in our industry.
- In your own words, tell me about PLC (Product Life Cycle)
- In an unfortunate case of project failure, how would you respond?
- Given certain budgetary constraints, how will you get through with a project?
- Describe an incidence or scenario wherein you were successfully able to persuade a stubborn person, if any.
- How would you sell our products to the customers?
- Imagine a customer all angry and complaining about the product to you. How will you tackle the situation?
- Tell me about the difference between interruption marketing and permission marketing?
- Name some marketing tools and software.
- Why should we hire you?
- Where would you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?
Marketing Interview Questions for Freshers with Answer Overviews
Here are some more or related interview questions with model answers for you to practice-
- What can be the best approach to enhance the traffic of your website?
If you are presented with this or a similar question, list down ways for the same such as making the user experience more engaging, performing on-page and off-page SEO, targeting long-tail keywords, building referral traffic, etc.
- Describe five elements of camping marketing.
To this question, you can mention features because of which a marketing campaign performs well such as catchy call to action message, value proposition, delivery method, target, follow up, etc.
- According to you what are the limitations of online marketing?
Amongst all the marketing interview questions for freshers, this one is the trickiest. As per your knowledge and current trends, you can also list down the likely limitations-
It takes time to generate results, online marketing requires more investment of money, takes time to develop trust over the audience, there are chances of cyber attack and so on.
- Are you familiar with some PPC tools?
PPC is an acronym for Pay Per Click and some of its popular tools are-
Campaign watch, Search monitor, Ahrefs, SEMrush, iSpionage, SimilarWe, Wordtracker, etc/.
- What will be your approach to enhance the content reach of the organisation?
To this question, you can explain always down the ways using which you will be targeting more audience. Some of the common measures to do the same are email broadcasting, influencer marketing, social media promotions, backlink strategy, Forum and Quora Answer posting.
- According to you what is word of mouth? And if required how will you maximize the word of mouth marketing?
Whether large scale or small scale business, it is essential to adapt strategies of the word of mouth marketing that helps them reach out to a greater audience. Exploring client’s preferences, providing excellent customer services, asking for feedback and referrals, providing links to social media, etc are some of the ways leading to word of mouth marketing.
- What sort of publications and blogs do you like to follow?
By asking this question, the interviewer is interested in knowing about your preferences so that they can comprehend your knowledge and preferences in the domain of marketing.
8. What are some of the useful digital marketing tools?
A whole range of free digital marketing tools is available. They help in streamlining the management of a website. These include:
-Moz Learning Center
9. What is a responsive website?
A responsive website is one which offers an optimal viewing experience to the user. It has easy navigation and reading. It is created using responsive web design. It is compatible with the popularly used web browsers as well as mobile devices.
10. What is Keyword Streaming?
A popular SEO methodology that is used to draw extraordinary traffic towards websites. In keyword streaming popular keywords are optimized further to maximize the reach.
11. How do you use social media for marketing?
Social media can be used to expose brands on social platforms. We can attract many users to our brand by posting engaging videos, images and related posts. Another approach of social media marketing is also done by paid marketing. Although this process involves money but it can yield excellent results.
12. What is Content Marketing?
A proper strategy to share and create valuable SEO-oriented content across various platforms is known as Content Marketing. It aligns consumers and business as good quality content has the capacity to attract and convert a visitor to a consumer.
13. What is Quality Score?
Quality Score is an estimate of Google. It is based on the relevance and quality of the keywords and PPC ads are evaluated on a score of 1 to 10. It defines the quality of keywords compared to Ads, Landing Page and Ad Text.
14. Do you know where should you place your keywords for better website ranking?
Keywords should be placed in a particular manner for better ranking on search engines.
-Heading and Subheadings
-Web Page Content
15. How do you go ahead with content promotion?
Tactics such as email broadcasting, backlink strategy, social media promotion, influencer marketing and Quora answers can be used for content marketing.
16. Do you have any idea about AMP?
AMP is simply an abbreviation for Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is a joint project of Google and Twitter for making fast mobile pages.
17. Can you tell us the limitations of online marketing?
The limitations of online marketing are:
-It can encounter cyber attacks.
-It can be expensive.
-It takes a lot of time to build trust .
-A lot of time is taken to generate results.
Tips and Tricks to Ace the Interview
Now that you are aware of the various marketing interview questions for freshers, simply answering the questions like a robot won’t do any good to you. Confused? Don’t worry, just read these cool tips and tricks for cracking the interview like a pro (even if you are a first-timer).
- Watch out your body language. Don’t fidget and scratch.
- Be prudent. Carry all the necessary documents, needed or not.
- Do your Homework. Research about the employer and the company. Go through their official websites as well as social media handles.
- Honesty is the best policy. Never exaggerate about yourself.
- Dress to impress. Wear formal clothes in neutral colours. Keep loud and bright colours at bay.
- Ask as many relevant questions as you can after the interview culminates.
- Never give vague answers to the questions during the interview.
- Always keep an updated copy of your resume.
- Be a good listener and never argue.
- Always be on time on the day of the interview. Never make your potential employers wait for you.
- Any moment you think of a story or anecdote, do mention it as it showcases your confidence and comfort.
Hopefully, we have given you an insight into the marketing interview questions for freshers. Making a successful career in marketing is a tough feat, however, if you possess all those abilities and skills, the concepts of marketing become easier. If you are still in the phase of hesitation and full of queries, then think no more. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who can help you in connecting with the right mentors overseas to guide you through our career. Book your free 30 minutes brainstorming online career counselling session now.