Imagine that you have already dropped your resume in your dream company and you are waiting for the HR manager’s call for the interview round. Do you think just sitting and thinking about it would work? Are you confident that your resume will impress the employer? If your resume is strong and precise, you have got higher chances to get a call from the HR. When it comes to writing a resume especially for a specialised profile of Marketing Executive, many job seekers don’t know the key essentials that they must add to it. A Marketing Executive handles an array of responsibilities such as tracking sales figures, making marketing strategies, implementing them and optimizing the online reach of the company. If you are planning to apply for this profile, here is a detailed guide on crafting an excellent Marketing Executive resume that can help you stand out from the crowd and create a strong impression on the employer thus increasing your chances of getting hired.
Skills of a Marketing Executive
Given below are some of the skills that employers look for in a Marketing Executive Resume.
- Handling Advertising Campaigns (Both Online and Offline)
- Knowledgeable in MS Office
- Adept in Creating SEO Compliant Content
- Social Media Marketing
- Good in Budgeting and Financing
- Sound Knowledge of Statistics
- Attention to Detail
- Exceptional Public Speaking Skills
- Leadership Qualities
- Good Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Excellent Written Communication Skills
How to Write a Marketing Executive Resume
A resume is a mirror of yourself, professionally and personally. Shell out all the relevant data in such a way that it looks brilliantly strategic with all the information that a company needs. Here are the major things you need to keep in mind while creating a Marketing Executive Resume.
Pick out the Best Format for your Resume
If you fail to format your Marketing Executive Resume, chances are the company HR might not even look at it. Therefore, you need to pick the best format for your resume to stand out from the huge pool of resumes. Strategically align all headings and sub-headings in such a way that it seems to be in a sequence and make sure to make excessive use of bullet points. It will greatly help the HR deduce all the relevant information about you.
Mention your Objectives
The objective section in the Marketing Executive Resume sums up your career goals and accomplishments only to highlight how can you benefit the company and its growth. Hence, do mention points that showcase how you can be an asset to the organisation.
(Bonus Tip: If you are a fresher with no work experience, highlight your previous achievements in a brilliant way to make up for the loss. Remember to be honest and no over-exaggeration)
Adding Work Experience
Here are some tips to follow while writing the ‘work experience’ section for the Marketing Executive Resume:
- Place your recent work experience first, and write all the other past experiences in reverse chronological order.
- Create as many bullet points as per your past duties
- Start with mentioning your designation, followed by the name of the company, its location and the employment period.
- Write all the key achievements in separate pointers
- Use some high-level action words to impress the potential hirers (example: cultivated, super headed, operated etc.)
Make your Educational Qualifications Stand Out
All the hiring authorities of potential companies lookout for Bachelors being the minimum qualification to be hired. Start with mentioning your highest qualification and then follow it up reverse-chronologically. List down the name of the School and the College/University that you have graduated in, followed by the batch year. Highlights of marketing-related courses can further boost your chances of getting selected.
Also Read: Resume for Electrical Engineer Fresher
Writing a Marketing Executive Resume: Tips & Tricks
Here are some additional tips to help you make an impeccable Marketing Executive resume:
- Being honest is a smart choice, always! Mention your actual skills and avoid exaggerating yourself to have a smooth interaction with the interviewer. Otherwise, there are chances of you getting stuck in the middle, leading to a straight rejection.
- Use bullet points to make the resume look cleaner. This should be followed strictly when you want to provide detailed information.
- Write only relevant data.
- You can tailor your Marketing Executive Resume according to the company’s profile. This will help the recruiters segregate your profile from the received lot.
- Highlight your key achievements in such a way that the onlooker doesn’t have to spend extra time to find them.
- The font type and size should remain the same throughout the resume. Use bold, italics and underlined font wherever needed.
Building a resume is surely one of the toughest things to do. We hope that we were helpful in giving you accurate tips to write an amazing one for yourself by covering relevant details pertaining to a Marketing Executive Resume. If you still feel doubtful of how to prepare an astounding resume, feel free to contact us at Leverage Edu and our experts will help you create an impressive one!