Travelling abroad to study or pursue your dream job can be tough during the ongoing pandemic. With the increased travel and quarantine cost along with restrictions, there is a lot to consider to land at your dream university. To make the process simpler for students, various popular destinations like the US, UK, and European countries have introduced new entry rules. This is to ensure that international students can join or rejoin campuses for the upcoming September intake of 2021. Here are the entry rules that will be followed by countries like the UK, USA, France, Australia, China, and Canada to allow Indian students to continue/start their studies. Have a look!
- Indian students with a valid student visa can study on campus in the United Kingdom after a period of government-mandated quarantine
- India is on the “red list” for having a high number of COVID-19 cases, students will be quarantined for ten days and their health will be monitored throughout that time
- Students can also register for vaccinations at on-campus immunization clinics all through the region
Also Read: Do UK Universities Require SAT?
- Universities in the USA are all set to welcome international students for the fall intake. Getting two doses or one dose of vaccination is a compulsory requirement for admission. However, the USA has exempted international students from the travel ban, the country is not open for tourism for people coming from red-list countries
- In the case of student travellers, the authorities have made an exception, with one big difference: entry will be granted on a case-by-case basis
- Most universities are planning to start classes in August
- While the Ministry of Health has allowed an exception for students planning overseas travel, a 12- to 16-week gap between two doses of the Covishield vaccination is the standard in India
According to Sameer Patel, a higher education expert based in Delhi, “Students should apply ahead of time because a ‘blanket permission’ process is not being followed.”
He further added “Each visa application is carefully examined to see if physical presence on campus is required. Students who have developed COVID-19 during the last one to two months may need to wait an additional three to four months before travelling”.
- In France, there are several “Green countries” where COVID-19 cases are rare. These individuals are not subject to any restrictions when entering the nation. India, on the other hand, is absent from the list
- As a result, if a student qualifies for a higher education program, it will not be approved automatically. Approval will be provided on a case-by-case basis
- A student must be fully vaccinated for this, and travel will be allowed only after two weeks of receiving the double dosage
- Only individuals who have been immunized with WHO-approved vaccines are allowed to enter. Those who have had COVID-19 in the 14 days before a applying for a visa will most likely have to wait 4-6 weeks before being accepted for travel
Also Read: Universities in France Accepting GRE
- While travel restrictions for Indians remain in place, a proposal has been made to allow international students (including those from India) to travel with a monthly limit
- According to a source, a few Australian areas are planning to allow 800 students per month to study abroad. According to another source, limited student travel may be permitted starting in the last week of July 2021
- Universities in Australia are also finalizing plans to allow students to enter after receiving one vaccination dose and completing a health examination. In July, formal rules on the subject could be announced
- According to foreign education advisers, reopening all institutes to international students could take another 6-8 months
- Since February 2020, when COVID-19 erupted, about 25,000 Indian students pursuing medical degrees in China have been held back in India. Even while vaccination continues, the travel prohibition from India remains in place
- According to a source, Indian students have written to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) offering help so that they can resume their studies on campus
- After their fifth year, final-year medical students can only earn their degree if they complete 52-week internships at approved hospitals
- While students from other countries, such as South Korea, have been allowed to return to Chinese campuses, Indian students have not
- All flights from India are suspended until the ban lifts on July 21, 2021, according to Canada’s official travel advisory for India. You can still travel to Canada via an indirect route, but you’ll need a PCR test from the third country you pass through
- “Travellers who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past must provide documentation of a positive COVID-19 molecular test performed between 14 and 90 days before departure, rather than a negative COVID-19 molecular test
- According to the statement, you may need to request entry and stay in a third country for at least 14 days
- Student visas for Indians are granted on a case-by-case basis in Canada, as they are in the United States. A prerequisite is vaccination from the WHO-approved vaccine list
- In India, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has advised students to seek assistance from its Overseas India Affairs (OIA) section if they have difficulty visiting their colleges overseas for on-campus academic programs
Also Read: Canada Student Visa IELTS Band Requirements
This was all about the entry rules being followed by countries like the US, UK, Australia, and many others. If you are planning to pursue your studies abroad and are confused about the travel restrictions then contact our experts at Leverage Edu to make your dream study abroad a reality!