Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology, also known as GCET, is a private engineering institute founded in 2000 and affiliated with Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (APJAKTU), Lucknow. This institute is accredited by AICTE and offers B.Tech under the UG program list and MBA and MCA under the PG program list. Admission is entirely through merit basis or entrance exam. If you wish to know more about GCET, read on as this blog would help you!
Table of Contents
Tabulated below are important highlights of GCET. You can have a look here:
|Campus Area||20 acres|
|Degrees Available||UG and PG|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission||Merit or Entrance|
Listed below are some of the courses offered by GCET.
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: The eligibility for BTech is having qualified 10+2 or any other examination equivalent with PMC/B as compulsory subjects with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST )
Selection Criteria: AIEEE/JEE/UPSEE & Counselling
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: The MBA programme’s eligibility is graduation with 50% marks (45 % SC/ST/OBC Category) in the last qualifying examination.
Selection Criteria: UPSEE/CAT/MAT & Counselling
Must Read: Indian MBA Vs Foreign MBA
Also Read: Top MCA Colleges
Candidates must follow the given below steps sequentially:
- Candidates must visit the official portal to apply online
- Candidates should keep an easy password and then click on “Online Application Form”.
- Fill in the form with all the required details and upload the relevant documents.
- Pay the required application fees and then print a copy of the application form.
- Applicants will be provided with a unique ID which will be his/her unique identification number.
The table below shows the first year fees of various courses offered at GCET. For detailed fees structure, visit the official website.
|B.Tech||₹1.34 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|MBA||₹1.26 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|MCA||₹1.34 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|MCA Lateral||₹1.34 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)|
|BCA Lateral||₹1.34 Lakhs (Total Fees)|
|BCA||₹87,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Tech||₹87,000 (1st Year Fees)|
GCET offers scholarships to students through the sports quota. Admission is in two ways:
- Direct Admission without Sports Trials: The scholarship is given to the candidates who have represented India in national or international games.
- Admission with Sports Trials: The students who have not represented India in national or international have to undergo sports trials for admissions.
Given below is the placement statistics for GCET Lucknow:
- Total Recruiters Visited: 200+
- Highest Salary Package offered: INR 12.40 LPA
- Average Salary Package: INR 3.86 LPA
- Placement Record: 100%
Some of the top recruiters of the institute are listed below :
- ACPL System
- Addverb Technologies
- Agilent Technologies Pvt Ltd
Explore: ISB (Indian School of Business)
So, this was all about GCET, a leading private engineering institute in India. For more such content, stay connected to Leverage Edu! If you need help in applying abroad, then get in touch with our experts. They will guide you every step of the way!