Fasten your seatbelts as we reveal to you the road that leads to a fast-paced entry into the aviation sector. Whether it is a pilot, air hostess, aeroplane engineer, air traffic controller or aircraft dispatcher- we often feel that getting into the aviation sector is difficult and needs years of commitment. Well, a Diploma in Aviation breaks this myth. A Diploma in Aviation is a full-time, 6-12 months course that you can pursue after your 12th. It is designed for students who wish to learn about the operations and management of an aviation company. The curriculum is packed with learnings in IT, communication, problem-solving, teamwork, etc skills to make the students industry-ready!
|Course Duration||6 months-1 year|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Minimum Eligibility||10+2 years of education with minimum 50% marks in grade 12th|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 60,000- INR 1,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2,50,000|
|Job Profiles||Airline executive, Airline traffic controller, etc|
This Blog Includes:
- Diploma in Aviation: Course Highlights
- Diploma in Aviation: What is it about?
- Why Choose Diploma in Aviation?
- Diploma in Aviation Subjects
- Eligibility Requirements for Diploma in Aviation
- Entrance Exams for Diploma in Aviation
- Application Process for Diploma in Aviation
- Cost of Study
- Salary and Job Opportunities for Diploma in Aviation
- Top Colleges for Diploma in Aviation in India
- Top Universities for Diploma in Aviation in UK
- Top Colleges for Diploma in Aviation in Canada
- Top Colleges for Diploma in Aviation in USA
- Diploma in Aviation: Important Books
- Diploma in Aviation: Future Scope
Diploma in Aviation: Course Highlights
|Course level||UG Diploma|
|Duration||6 Months – 1 Year|
|Prerequisites||At least 50% in 10+2 exams from a recognized board
Must be 18-25 years of age
|Course Fee||INR 60,000 – INR 1,00,000|
|Average Base Salary||INR 3,00,000|
|Employment Sector||Airline Industry, Logistics department, Airport Terminals, Airport Terminals, Aviation Company|
|Top recruits||British Airways, DHL, Essar Shipping, GMR, Indigo|
|Job Profiles||Cabin Crew, Airline Executive, Air Station Manager, Aircraft Dispatcher, Air Traffic Control Manager, Airport Terminal Office Manager, Cargo Management Staff, Airport Operation Manager|
Diploma in Aviation: What is it about?
A Diploma in Aviation is designed for students who are interested in management and operations in the Aviation industry.
A Diploma in Aviation provides students with skills like IT, team working, problem-solving, etc. which allows students to make them industry-ready.
Those who are able to qualify a Diploma in Aviation successfully, get Aviation management duties that include technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge and are further provided with job opportunities in air transport operations, emergency service and government operations.
Why Choose Diploma in Aviation?
A Diploma in Aviation is one of the most in-demand professions on the job market as a Diploma in Aviation prepares students for building a career in Aircraft, Airlines, Management or Manager, Ground Staff, IT, etc. The course provides students with skills such as airport management, Airport Security, Airport Planning, Passenger Forecasting, and Safety and Security. The course also provides value addition to Domestic as well as International Airlines across the world.
Diploma in Aviation Subjects
A diploma in duration curriculum is divided into two semesters. Here’s the list of subjects taught during this course to students:-
- Organisational Behaviour
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Introduction to Programming
- Cognitive Process and Problem-Solving
- Effective Communication
- Engineering Design
- Operations Planning
- Engineering Cost Decisions
- Statistical Methods for Engineering
- Aerodynamics and Propulsion
- Avionics System
- Aircraft System
- Distribution and Transportation
- Airline Operations
Note: All these subjects above are included in a Diploma for Aviation however the combination of subjects each college offers can differ.
Fun Fact: It has been predicted that India is going to become the largest aviation industry by 2030!
Eligibility Requirements for Diploma in Aviation
To be eligible for a Diploma in Aviation, you are required to qualify in the following criteria:
- Minimum 50% in the 12th grade in any stream from international, national or state board.
- IELTS/TOEFL requirements if pursuing aviation courses from abroad.
- Passing the minimum cutoff if the aviation college has an entrance exam.
Since it is a diploma, there aren’t very rigid eligibility requirements like a BSc, BBA or MBA in aviation.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Aviation
For pursuing a Diploma in Aviation in India, there are various entrance exams you are supposed to appear for. Appearing for entrance exams is a mandatory criterion for pursuing a Diploma in Aviation and another requirement is a good merit score from the Secondary and Higher Secondary education. Some of the best and mandatory Diploma in Aviation entrance exams to get admission at a Top University or college are:
- AME CET
|Eligibility||The eligibility requirements for taking the entrance exams totally depends upon the conducting bodies.|
|Question Type||MCQs with Objective-type questions|
|Conducting Language||English and Hindi|
|Question Sources||Physics, Mathematics, English, Chemistry and General awareness|
Application Process for Diploma in Aviation
The application process depends upon which college you are applying to. Majority of the aviation colleges accept applications online nowadays.
- Make sure that you have passed grade 12th, have your mark sheet and passing certificate in hand before you apply.
- Check whether you are required to give an entrance exam for the particular Diploma in Aviation. If there is a requirement, prepare for the exam and make sure you pass the minimum cutoff. You can enter your academic and personal qualifications in your online application form within the application deadline. The deadlines for each college will be present on their college website.
- After you submit your application, you will have to wait for a week or two before you hear from the aviation institute or college. They might ask for a personal interview virtually to assess your profile. If you successfully go through it, you will be notified about your admission via mail.
Also Read: MBA in Aviation Management: Program Details
Cost of Study
It is generally affordable compared to a bachelors and masters degree in aviation. The short duration also supports the cheap tuition fee for a Diploma in Aviation. The average tuition fee is INR 60,000- 1,00,000. Apart from this, if you are pursuing this diploma from abroad, the cost of living has to be considered as well. Use Leverage Edu’s cost of living calculator to estimate the approximate cost of living while doing a Diploma in Aviation.
Also Read: Cost of Studying in the UK
Salary and Job Opportunities for Diploma in Aviation
Once you graduate with this course, you are equipped with the technical and non-technical skills that help you make a surefire career in Aviation. Surely, what you earn with a degree is much more than a diploma but earns you a decent salary of INR 2.50 lakhs per year. You can apply for the following jobs with a Diploma in Aviation:-
|Job Profile||Job Description||Salary per year (INR)|
|Aircraft Executive||Maintaining customer files and accounts||3 lakhs|
|Airport Terminal Duty Manager||Managing terminal staff and passengers||3.50 lakhs|
|Aircraft Dispatcher||Planning flight paths and performance in climatic conditions||5 lakhs|
|Air Traffic Controller||Guidelines for landing and takeoff of flights||6.50 lakhs|
|Air Station Manager||Checking the boarding, luggage and security process||3 lakhs|
Top Colleges for Diploma in Aviation in India
Here’s a list of top institutes for a Diploma in Aviation in India that you can apply to:-
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics, New Delhi
- International Institute of Aviation, Bangalore
- Institute of Aviation and Management, Bangalore
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Academy of Aviation and Engineering, Bangalore
- Trade Wings Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Hindustan Aviation Academy, Bangalore
- Vasundhara Aviation Academy, Bhopal
- Noida International Academy, Noida
- Buddha Institute of Aviation Technology, New Delhi
Top Universities for Diploma in Aviation in UK
The aviation industry in the UK offers some of the high paying jobs to the ones holding a Diploma in Aviation. Here’s a list of top institutes for a Diploma in Aviation in the UK:-
- University of Wolverhampton
- University College Birmingham
- University of Leeds
- The University of the West of England, Bristol
- University of East London
Top Colleges for Diploma in Aviation in Canada
Studying in Canada is a popular study abroad destination for Indian students. So if you wish to pursue a Diploma in Aviation from Canada, you can choose from the following institutes:
- Centennial College
- Fanshawe College
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Canadian Tourism College
- Canadore College
Top Colleges for Diploma in Aviation in USA
USA has the largest aviation market with more than 1 billion passengers travelling boarding commercial US planes. Let’s have a look at some of the best aviation colleges for in the USA:
- Pearson Aviation
- Lake Superior College
- Michigan Institute of Aviation and Technology
- US Aviation Academy
- CCBC’s Aviation Academy
Diploma in Aviation: Important Books
- Mathematical Modeling by J N Kapur
- Elementary Engineering Drawing by Bhatt N D
- Great Ideas in Management by Parkinson C N and Rustomji M K and Sapre S A
- Commercial Aviation Safety 5/E (Mechanical Engineering) by Clarence C Rodrigues and Stephen K Cusick
Diploma in Aviation: Future Scope
After completing a Diploma in Aviation, you can choose the following programs for further education and career advancement:
- B.Sc Aviation
- M.Sc. Aviation
A Diploma in Aviation opens doors for various career opportunities in private and public sectors at both national and international levels. With a Diploma in Aviation, you can work in various fields such as
- Airline Management
- Ground Management
- Facility Management
- Fuel and Supply Management
|Job Roles||Average Salary per annum-India||Average Salary per annum- USA|
|Cabin Crew||INR 6,00,000||US$ 32,394
|Airline Executive||INR 3,00,000||US$ 57,533
|Air Station Manager||INR 7,00,000 – INR 9,00,000||US$ 67,540
It is 6 months to 1 year long.
The average tuition fee is INR 60,000 to INR 1 lakh.
You can pursue a Diploma in Aviation from Indian Aviation Academy in Mumbai.
Yes, you can apply for an Air Traffic Controller with a Diploma in Aviation.
Yes, a Diploma in Aviation is related to aircraft while a Diploma in Airport Management is related to managing airports.
You can earn an average of INR 2.5 lakh per year.
Call Leverage Edu at 1800-572-000 for end-to-end guidance if you wish to know more about a Diploma in Aviation from our experts!