Concordia University is a public research university established in 1974 by the merger of Loyola College and Sir George Williams University. Located in Montreal which is among the top 10 Best Student Cities in the World (QS 2023), Concordia University provides a wide range of innovative programs and courses through small classes, accessible and award-winning professors, and affordable education. The university has four Faculties- Faculty of Arts & Science, Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science, Faculty of Fine Arts and John Molson School of Business. The university is known to have one of the highest employment rates with more than 95% of the graduates getting placed every year. Want to study in Canada’s top university, then here is the Concordia University acceptance rate for international students!
|Name of the University||Concordia University|
|Endowment Value||CAD 1 Billion (INR 600 crore)|
|Intakes||September, January, May|
|IELTS||6.5 and above|
|CGPA||3.0 and above|
This Blog Includes:
- About Concordia University
- Why Study at Concordia University
- Concordia University Acceptance Rate
- Concordia University Rankings
- Concordia University Admissions Process
- Concordia University Eligibility Requirements
- Documents Required
- Concordia University Intakes and Deadline
- Cost of Studying at Concordia University
- Concordia University Accommodation Facilities
- Canada Visa Requirements
About Concordia University
Concordia University arose from the merger of two prominent institutions, Sir George Williams University and Loyola College, in 1974. The Institution is a public research university in the center of Montreal, Canada’s world-class metropolis. Concordia University is known for its flexible learning method and dedication to using teaching and research to examine societal challenges from a broad viewpoint. For foreign and local students, the university is among the best universities and institutes in Quebec and Canada.
The institution aspires to give numerous possibilities for students seeking significant employment prospects with over 100 graduate and 300 undergraduate programs and courses. Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business has routinely been named among Canada’s top ten business schools.
Students that are accepted to the university will be exposed to the Concordia lifestyle, which is an active, involved, and connected urban lifestyle. The institution, like the city around you, is fuelled by innovation and variety. Living in Montreal will broaden your horizons, as well as your thinking. To combine life, work, and study, students are encouraged to participate in groups, sports, professional networks, and support services.
Why Study at Concordia University
As we all know, Concordia University has what it takes to change the future of higher education in Canada and the world. Here are a few compelling reasons why you should make the school your first option.
- In terms of experiential learning, research, and online education, Concordia is one of the most forward-thinking colleges.
- Under 50 years, it is ranked as Canada’s top university.
- Even in the field of arts and design, Concordia Institution is ranked as Canada’s top university.
- Bloomberg Businessweek named them as Canada’s #4 top MBA programmes in 2018.
- They have one of the lowest cost of living in North America and reasonable tuition.
- The institution is known across the world for its outstanding and innovative research and instructional programs.
Concordia University Acceptance Rate
The Concordia University acceptance rate is in the range of 78.2%, making it moderately simpler to get into. This means that out of 100 applicants, around 78 students seeking admissions at Concordia University get accepted. Further, the percentage of students enrolled in Concordia University is 20.4%. Further, the University has an international student population of 8,400 international students from 160 countries. This makes Concordia University an attractive prospect for higher education for international applicants in Canada.
Concordia University Rankings
- Ranked #551-560 among universities in the world overall (QS World University Rankings, 2022)
- Ranked #117 (2022 THE Young University Rankings)
- Ranked #51-100 for art and design, #101 to 150 for communication and media studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022)
- Among Canada’s top 26 research universities (Research Infosource, 2021)
Concordia University Admissions Process
Here is the application process for studying at Concordia University:
Step 1: Choose a Program
The first step is to choose your course. Visit the University’s official website and simply find a course that suits you. The University offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses through its 4 faculty/schools- Faculty of Arts & Science, Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science, Faculty of Fine Arts and John Molson School of Business.
Step 2: Review the Requirements
Check the requirements of the courses you are applying to. Check the minimum admissions requirement, program-specific requirement and English language requirements. Tests like GMAT, GRE, IELTS, PTE or TOEFL are required to be given. A copy of test scores of these proficiency scores is a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. You can register for Leverage Live and we will help you commence with your preparations today. Also, you have to gather supporting documents like LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees.
Step 3: Start Applying
Once you have collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready to fill out the application form. You can put three program choices on your application. you don’t get accepted to your first choice, we’ll automatically consider your other choices, in the order that you specify. To secure your admission at Concordia University make sure you enter all your personal and professional details. Check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 4: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, accept the offer, apply for Visa, apply for subsidizing, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Must Read: The Canadian Admission Process Simplified!
Concordia University Eligibility Requirements
For Undergraduate Courses
- Higher School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate or Indian School Certificate or All India Senior School Certificate or Pre-University Certificate
- Background in subjects depending upon the course.
- English Language Proficiency test scores as per each course.
For Postgraduate Course
- Diploma and graduate certificate programs require applicants to have completed a bachelor’s/ baccalaureate (or equivalent) with high standing.
- Master’s programs require a completed bachelor’s/baccalaureate (or equivalent) with high standing (honours or GPA equivalent to B average/First Division).
- For Indian students, masters program require-
- Engineering and Computer Science: Bachelor’s degree — minimum 4-year program; or 3-year program plus 2-year Master’s degree;
Other programs: Bachelor’s degree — minimum 4-year program; or 3-year program if the issuing university has a NAAC rating of A.
- Doctoral programs require a completed master’s(or equivalent) with high standing (honours or GPA equivalent to B average/First Division).
- English Language Proficiency Test scores (Minimum scores specified according to the course)
- GMAT/GRE score, if applicable.
- A background in a particular subject depends upon your choice of specialisation.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
At the time of applying to the University, students have to give English language proficiency tests. The following is the list of English Language tests with required scores:
|TOEFL iBT orTOEFL iBT Special home edition||Score 90 or higher, with a minimum combined score of 34 for speaking and writing.|
|IELTS||IELTS score of 7 or higher, no component score under 5.5|
|Duolingo English Test||120 and abovewith no subscore under 90|
|CAE – Cambridge C1 AdvancedCPE – Cambridge C2 Proficiency||C1 Advanced and C2 Proficiency: min. score 190 with no part under 165|
|PTE Academic||61 with a minimum of 46 in speaking and writing|
Following are the standard documents required:
- Completely filled application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A birth certificate or other acceptable proof of age
- School records and any documents which may indicate your ability to pursue university studies
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of intent
- Copy of english language test scores
- Copy of GMAT/GRE test scores
- Self-attested X & XII marksheet and certificates
All academic transcripts should officially be translated into English.
Concordia University Intakes and Deadline
The Concordia University offers admission to various courses during these intakes:
|Fall Intake (Primary Intake)||September–December||March 1 (International students are encouraged to apply by February 1)|
|Winter Intake (Secondary Intake)||January–April||November 1 (International students are encouraged to apply by September 1)|
|Summer Intake||May-August||July to December|
Note that the university does not consider any applications missing English proficiency test scores after July 31 for Fall (September) entry and December 1 for Winter (January) entry.
Must Read: Intakes in Canada
Cost of Studying at Concordia University
The tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Loughborough is as follows:
|Level of Study||Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate courses||$25200 – $37800 (INR 21 lakh to 31 lakh)|
|Postgraduate Courses||$25200 – $75700 (INR 21 lakh to INR 62.5 lakh)|
Concordia University Accommodation Facilities
Concordia University offers 4 on-campus residence options to its students- Grey Nuns Residence, Hingston Hall, YWCA Residence and Jesuit Residence. The rent varies from $576.59 (INR 12,018.94)- $1,250 (INR 34,238) per month, depending upon your choice of accommodation and bedroom capacity of the flat. Students can apply as of March 2022 to live on campus for the fall/winter term. You can start applying from February/March for the September intake. The students can commute between the two campuses and the residence halls easily by shuttle bus.
Canada Visa Requirements
In order to study in Canada, students have to apply for a study permit as well as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). The following documents are required for application:
- A Valid Passport
- An acceptance letter from your education institution
- Attested copies of 10th, 12th and Degree certificates
- Academic references
- Employer references, if any
- Work certificates
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of fee payment
- Proof of financial funds
- Passport size photographs
- English Proficiency tests
- Additional requirements specified by your University
Your undergraduate record, as well as your letters of recommendation, are quite crucial. For overseas students, we additionally look at your statement of purpose, portfolio (if you’re interested in the Creative Writing option), and writing sample.
Even if their total GPA is less than 3.3, Concordia will accept applications from individuals who demonstrate strong achievement in literary courses. Please note that the School of Graduate Studies requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be considered for admission to any graduate program. Students with a low GPA may choose to enroll in additional courses in order to improve their academic status and get admission.
For students commencing their studies in Winter 2021, your immigration documentation must be submitted by January 19, 2022 (DNE deadline).
The Concordia university acceptance rate is the best way to assess your chances of studying at the university! Want to explore how you can study in Canada this 2023? Sign up for a FREE profile evaluation with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to be an early bird applicant!