Are you someone interested in crafting brand policies and working on how to reach out to a target audience? Well, in that case becoming a brand manager might interest you as the job role and duties of a brand manager might fulfil your interests. This career is for those individuals who are aligned towards working for a brand and creating a brand image using correct strategies. If you wish to know more about how to be a brand manager, read through the blog.
Who is a Brand Manager?
A Brand Manager is someone who is responsible for crafting a brand strategy for a company. One of their main responsibilities is to ensure the communication of the company with customers and hence, the role is of utmost importance in defining the customer-company relationship. In addition to this, brand managers also design effective marketing strategies for a company, that ranges from advertising and communication to styling and marketing. They must have a sufficient idea of the products and services used by the company.
Explore: MBA in Digital Marketing
To become a brand manager, an individual must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have completed XIIth from a recognized board.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Candidates with an MBA degree are preferred for this role.
- Often candidates with 3-5 years of experience in brand management, brand marketing, or marketing management are considered for this role.
Related Reads: Masters Degree in Marketing Management
Duties and Responsibilities
While becoming a brand manager might interest you, you must also be aware of the duties that come with it. An individual is expected to stand up to certain expectations and fulfil duties in the truest sense. The duties include-
- Identifying research needs
- Executing research studies and projects
- Establishing and maintaining brand budgets
- Analyzing research in order to identify opportunities
- Being up to date on market trends and competitive activity
- Defining and managing the brand communication strategy using a variety of media
- Owning the development and messaging of the brand narrative
Skills Required for a Brand Manager
To become a brand manager a candidate must possess the requisite skills mentioned below.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in Project Management
Also read: Luxury Brand Management
For becoming a brand manager, students preferably should hold a degree in the following few courses:
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||MBA|
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||Post Graduate Diploma in Management|
|Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)||Diploma in Brand Management|
|Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)|
Top MBA Colleges – Abroad
Listed below are the top colleges students can apply to pursue MBA abroad.
- Stanford Graduate, School of Business, Stanford University, USA
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA
- MIT SLOAN School of Management, USA
- Harvard Business School, USA
- HEC Paris, France
- INSEAD, Singapore and France
- London Business School, UK
- Columbia Business School, USA
Check out the MBA Scholarships in India & Abroad
Top MBA Colleges in India
Listed below are the top colleges students can apply for pursuing MBA in India.
- Indian School of Business
- Indian Institute of Management
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- MBA from IITs
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Listed below are certain books that can be referred by candidates for widening their knowledge on brand management –
- Kellogg on Branding, Tim Calkins
- Brands in Glass Houses, Dechay Watts
- Online Brand Communities, Francisco J.Martinez Lopez
- Brand Hijack, Alex Wipperfurth
Scope and Salary
After securing a degree in brand management, the job options are plenty but candidates must decide and choose an organisation that fits their suits and job demands. The salary as a brand manager depends on the post and designation of candidates. In India, the starting salary for brand managers is 2-4 LPA. However, with experience, the annual CTC goes up to 25-30 LPA.
The job profiles available for a brand manager are –
- Assistant Brand Manager
- Brand Manager
- Senior Brand Manager
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Director
So, this was all about how to become a brand manager who certainly plays an important role in any company’s success. Hope this blog has helped you with the necessary details for making a successful career in this field. If you require assistance in choosing the right university, our Leverage Edu experts can guide you through the process.