Travel abroad programs include not only travel but the right framework to enjoy and participate in rewarding study, volunteering, and work opportunities. These are some of the most prominent study abroad programs that include travelling. So if you are a travel enthusiast and are also keen on choosing a study abroad program, these travel abroad programs might just be for you.
What’s further great about travel abroad programs is the fact that these programs do not bar their selves with an age limit. From high school to college students, and even adults, these travel abroad programs are for everyone. Let’s dive into this topic before any further adieu, and get to know more about study abroad programs that include travelling.
This Blog Includes:
Travel Abroad Programs for High School Students
For high school students, study-abroad programs that include travelling come with varying degrees of choices, as the focus and intent differ based on demographics. If a high school student is not able to go for a full-term study abroad program, they can also opt for summer travel plans. Similarly, students can sort a program based on their preferences. Not only this, there are various grants and scholarships available for high school students that they can opt for to support themselves, which makes it easier for them to make their choice.
Study Abroad Programs
Stepping out of your comfort zone and stepping foot in the real world through study abroad programs can help you enhance your life skills, along with academic and language skills as well. This adds to your CV, or resume, and brings effectiveness to your persona as a whole. There’s a lot of research done on how studying abroad enhances a person’s personality, and the earlier it’s done the better it is for the future of the student. It’s also advisable to do your research and arrive to a conclusion that revolves around your choice of study abroad program, because visa and other formalities need time to get processed as well.
Now, let’s look at some of the most famous study abroad programs for high school students, below.
- CIEE: CEE offers separate high school travel abroad programs, including summer abroad, semester abroad, and a gap year abroad. For these various categories, the programs offered are directed at 14 prominent study-abroad destinations. Though for summer programs, more than 30 amazing destinations across the globe are focused. These countries are to the likes of Japan, Denmark, and even the UK.
|Denmark||$17,750 (INR 14.7 lakh)|
|UK||$30,000 (INR 25 lakh)|
- Go Abroad: This is another great resource for high-school students that allows them to filter the best international programs. World Class programs are provided through a range of destinations, like Italy, France, and Japan. For more you can use the filters on their official website: https://www.goabroad.com/highschool-study-abroad, and get to know which program and destination suits you best.
- Seville Abroad: This program brings the chance to study abroad in Spain. The program aims to provide opportunities to attend either public or private schools in the country. What about the fees? The fees range from $17,000 (INR 14 lakh) to $27,000 (INR 22.3 lakh).
Summer Travel Programs
Another option, as mentioned above, is the provision of summer travel abroad programs, which is more flexible and provide more volunteering opportunities for high school students during the summer break. Let’s go through the 3 main programs to consider below.
- Apogee Adventures Teen Summer Travel: For students aged 11 to 18, all teenagers are encouraged to avail of this program. The destinations that are available are the likes of places in Europe, the Caribbean, and Costa Rica. Similar to community-building activities, there are also travelling activities involved, such as hiking, writing, and/or photography.
- Spanish Camp in Costa Rica: Let’s concentrate on three main points of this program.
- The program is available for students aged 13 and 17 years.
- The program provides immersive activities such as sports, writing, etc.
- The program allows students to learn the language of Spanish.
- It is for an optional time period that ranges from 1 to 3-week trip.
- The fees can range from $1,500 and $1,700 (INR 1.2 lakh to 1.4 lakh).
- Joseph’s Dream Appaloosas Namibia: Let’s jump to sports activities that only provide training in some specific destinations. In this case, it’s horse-riding training in Africa. Horsemanship is not something that students from several countries often get a chance to immerse themselves in. But through this summer travel program, you can participate in the activity that you enjoy and travel abroad. Open to all ages, this program’s fees range from $300 to $600 (INR 25K to 50K) per week.
You just came to a step closer to realising your travel abroad program by making use of scholarships and grants through these high school travels abroad organisations.
- International Student Exchange (ISE)
Follow our YouTube channel to such study abroad updates!
Travel Abroad Programs for College Students
The great advantage of studying abroad is, coming across travel abroad programs and applying for the same opens the gate to everything study abroad has to offer; from personal growth to developing one’s achievements. College students are closer to establishing their careers than high school students are, and availing of these travel abroad programs, helps them envision and substantiate their future career goals.
Study Abroad Programs
Let’s now go through some of the most popular study abroad programs for college students, below.
- IES Abroad: Study in continents such as Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America with IES Abroad. This provides great opportunities and covers many countries, including Morocco, and also provides the chance to work part-time internships. The fees can start from $18,357 (INR 15 lakh).
- CIEE: Under this, global cities like Seoul are also covered. Just like IES Abroad, internship opportunities are also available here. The fees can start from $20,450 (INR 17 lakh).
- U.S. Department of State: Are you a college student? Depending on whether you qualify or not, the U.S. Department of State offers study-abroad travel programs, including a range of scholarships.
- International Students: Study in the USA, with this resource for international students. The official website is https://www.internationalstudent.com/study_usa/, which allows students to avail opportunities available in one of the most prominent study-abroad countries in the world, the United States of America.
- Come Study USA: As another resource for international students, the potential of studying abroad in the USA can be tapped upon with a number of opportunities that it provides, including financial aid by the consultancy.
Summer Abroad Programs
Here is the list of summer abroad programs that include travel abroad programs for college students:
|International Summer Courses (ISC)||StudyAbroad.com|
|Global Seminars (University of Colorado)|
Also Read: All about study abroad
Travel Abroad Programs for Adults
Having said everything that there is about study abroad programs that include travelling, here is the latest and most prominent/popular study abroad programs for adults.
|Name of the Resource||Short Description||Category|
|InternAbroadHQ||This site provides all information on considering work abroad programs for adults/professionals, where fees are around $1,750 (INR 1.5 lakh) for a month, and the time period is around 12 weeks.||Working Abroad|
|International Volunteer HQ||Volunteer in a different country as an adult today! Trips to Asia, Europe, and more are all available at your doorstep and can be sorted amongst solo travellers or group adventures.||Volunteer Abroad|
|EF Teach Abroad||Teach English abroad and gain relevant experience while travelling abroad. Positions available in China and Southeast Asia and more.||Working Abroad|
|IFRE Volunteers||With destinations around Africa, Latin America, etc, the fees can start at a minimum of $99 (INR 8,000).||Volunteer Abroad|
USAC KOREA is rated as one of the best study abroad programs.
Some of the types of study abroad programs include semester, summer, internship, or high school programs.
Germany is one of the most affordable countries to study abroad.
Study Abroad Programs that include travelling include some of the best travel abroad programs, as mentioned above. Subscribe to Wings by Leverage Edu for more such informative blogs on study abroad.