One of the most common topics nowadays is population. It is noted that the Census takes place every ten years and this census shows total population, the growth rate of population, the density of population, taking populace and consumers, birth-rate and death-rate, etc. The last census took place in 2011 whilst the next was to be held in 2021 but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is still to take place. Population growth is one of the major reasons for the development as well as the exploitation of the country. When the population rises then all-natural resources are more exploited than usual. It is well known that after the Republic of China, India is the most populous country in the world that occupies 2.4% of the world’s land area with 17.5% of the world’s population. It shows that every sixth person in the world is an Indian. Well, this is not proud anymore because according to the reports by 2030 India would be the first most populated country in the world. Taking the above information into account, here is how you can write an essay on population explosion.
This Blog Includes:
Essay on Population Explosion
Population Explosion is commonly considered a threat and burden on the Earth as it not only leads to more demand but also depletion of natural resources. The term population Explosion means a rapid increase in the number of people in an area. Moreover, this situation is considered as a degradation to the economy of the country. Furthermore, this creates a situation where the economy is not providing proper facilities to its people. Evidently, the countries with the largest population explosion are the poorer nations and are commonly known as developing countries. For example in India, Uttar Pradesh is the most populated state and Lakshadweep is the least populated. Thus it is evident that Hence population explosion is inversely related to the development of that area. Population Explosion is the root cause for incremental poverty and illiteracy that are social evils. The overpopulation of India is visible on metro stations, airports, railway platforms, roads, highways, bus stops, shopping malls, markets, or even at social or religious gatherings there are crowds of people which makes travel like activities Hectic. The vital cause of population Explosion is the difference between the birth rate which is the number of infants born in a population in a period of time. For example, if 28 births occur per year per 1000 individuals, the birth rate is 28.
Also Read: Essay on My Hobby
Reasons for Population Explosion (essay)
The major cause for the population explosion is the immense gap between the death rate and birth rate, Other than that, there are other factors also which have led to population explosions such as:
- Due to the development in the medical sector, we have seen an increase in the life expectancy rate which is helping poeple to live longer.
- The lack of information and awareness amongst the general public due to illiteracy has also increased the population.
- Educated people are well-aware of birth control methods, but a large population in the country do not have access to sex education and proper birth control methods.
- Tradional people who prefers a male child over a girl, tries to give birth until a male child is born in the family.
Also Read: Essay on Human Rights
Impacts of Population Explosion (essay)
It has rightly been stated that prevention is better than cure. Thus finding the root cause is most vital for the prevention of population Explosion. Therefore the most common factors responsible for population explosion are
- Depletion of Natural Resources: Rise in population demands more resources which automatically leads to depletion of natural resources of that particular region. Natural resources are the resources from the earth that satisfy human needs.
- Unemployment: When it comes to employment then one of the major problems faced by India is unemployment which is majorly due to overpopulation. The rise of fewer jobs is one of the things that results in rising crime, such as theft, snatching because an empty stomach needs food which comes in exchange for money.
- High Cost of Living: The difference between demand and supply increases due to population explosion. For instance sudden rise in the prices of various essential commodities, including food, shelter, and healthcare which results in more payment in order to survive.
- Poverty: Another vital issue of population explosion is the expansion of poverty which is directly proportional to unemployment because people are unemployed due to a less availability of jobs.
- Illiteracy: Many parents are not able to afford education due to unemployment and this creates illiteracy. Moreover it is a threat to future generations akso.
- Starvation: When resources are limited it is pretty much evident to have problems like starvation, ill health, and diseases caused by diet deficiency such as rickets become imminent.
Also Read: Essay on Disaster Management
Effects of Population Explosion (essay)
Here are some of the after-effects due to the rise in the population of the country.
- A rapid explosion of population has increased the rate of food scarcity in the country leading to malnourished children.
- The unemployment rate in India has increased comparatively as there are more people than jobs.
- Due to the sudden increase in population the government is not being able to provide proper infrastructure and travelling facilities equally to all the citizens.
- The increasing population has widened the gap between the rich and the poor.
Also Read: Essay on Democracy
The main reasons for population explosion are lack of education, illiteracy, lack of proper knowledge of sex education, rituals, and superstition in the country’s most populated area common example is Bihar, Uttar Pradesh. Further overpopulation leads to a lack of development and exploitation of resources. India is the second-most populous country but the strength in the global world in various fields cannot be ignored. Furthermore, these problems can be tackled by raising public awareness and organising various strict population control norms. All we need to do is take possible measures and become good citizens of the country.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute therapy consultation