The Pre Masters Programme is a program that prepares students for postgraduate studies abroad. It is the perfect course for those who have completed their undergraduate studies and want to expand their knowledge by studying abroad. The Pre Masters courses are usually held for a short duration. It can range from 12 weeks to 12 months. When students complete their pre-masters course successfully they are given entry to the Master’s program. Keep reading to know more about the pre-masters courses in the UK, pre-masters in UK requirements, and the universities that provide such courses.
Must Read: Best Courses to Study in UK 2023
This Blog Includes:
Why Study the Pre Masters’s Program?
International students can opt for the Pre Master’s Programme for the following reasons.
- The student’s undergraduate degree does not match the academic eligibility criteria of the selected Master’s course.
- The students want to improve their academic or general English skills
- A student wants to work on his/her study, research, and presentation skills
- An international student can also benefit from small attentive classes that improve, academic skills and give a valuable introduction to University life.
- Universities also offer post-graduate work options
Pre Masters in UK Universities
Several top universities in the UK offer pre-masters courses. Here is the list of the best universities that International students can choose from depending on the course they want to study.
|University Name||Pre Masters finance UK(Overall)||Tuition Fees in INR|
|Oxford Brooks University||£6,400||6.64 lakh|
|London Metropolitan University||£10,000||10.09 lakh|
|University of New Castle||£25,000||25.24 lakh|
|Northumbria University||£7,000||7.06 lakh|
|Queen Mary University of London||£10,000||10.09 lakh|
|Liverpool International College||£20,000||20.19 lakh|
|University of Brighton||£14,500||14.64 lakh|
|University of Surrey||£15,000||15.14 lakh|
Oxford Brooks University
Oxford Brooks University is a leading British University ranked as one of the UK’s top 50 institutions. The University provides a 4-month pre-masters certificate in study skills. Students will be taught the basic skills that are required in any Master’s program. The course starts in January and lasts for a period of 4 months.
- Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree that is equal to the UK honours degree and an IELTS score of 7/10 as proof of English language proficiency. The student should be at least 21 years of age.
- Admission process The intake for the January course will start in September. Those who want to apply for the same need to visit the official website, download the application form and submit it along with all the necessary documents such as academic transcripts. After the evaluation process, a letter of confirmation will be sent to those students who are found eligible for the course.
London Metropolitan University
The London Metropolitan University offers several pathway programs for International students. For this purpose, it has collaborated with the Education Centre of Australia. The course duration is around 15 weeks during which a student is taught writing, speaking, listening, reading, presentation, and research skills.
- Requirements- Interested students need to have completed B.A from a recognized university. Apart from that minimum IELTS score of 5.5 is required.
- Application Process- Interested students can visit the university website and submit their application form with relevant documents. At this stage, a student is required to upload the English proficiency test score as well.
Must Read: Top University Pathway Programs in UK
University of New Castle
The University of New Castle offers several pre-masters programs that are conducted in two trimesters. The first trimester focuses on improving soft skills and English language skills. The second trimester puts an emphasis on the Master’s program.
- Requirements– For the course is a 5.5 IELTS score and an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Admission Process- The intake usually happens in January, May, and September. As a result, interested students should submit the application form with their English score, and academic transcript.
Northumbria University offers Pre-Masters courses in various specializations. Some of the popular courses provided by the university include a graduate certificate in business and a graduate certificate in technology.
- The entry requirement for the same is the successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree. A minimum IELTS score of 6 is required as well.
- The admission process starts in the month of January. As a result, students will have to submit their application form with essential documents within the deadline.
Must Read: January Intake Universities in UK
Queen Mary University of London
The Queen Mary University of London is ranked 19th in the QS World Rankings. The University provides several subject-specific pathways. These pathways also aim at improving English skills.
- The Eligibility requirements include a basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, and a bachelor’s degree equivalent to a UK degree. An IELTS Score of 5.5 or 72 in TOEFL.
- The Admission usually starts in the month of January and September. Students can submit academic transcripts, English language test scores, and other documents.
Liverpool International College
Completing a Pre Master’s course from Liverpool International College ensure that you get a postgraduate degree. The Pre Masters course focuses on strengthening the basic skills of students.
- The entry requirements include completion of an undergraduate degree, and scoring a minimum of 5.5 IELTS score.
- The admission process for the January intake happens in the month of September. Interested students can submit their IELTS Scores and academic transcripts before the deadline. The duration of all the courses is around 4 months.
Must Read: Intakes in UK
University of Brighton
The University of Brighton offers a subject-specific pre-masters program. It includes courses in design, media, finance, business, tourism, science, and engineering.
- The entry requirements include a bachelor’s degree and a minimum IELTS score of 6 out of 10.
- The admission process starts in the month of January or September. The admission process gets completed 4 months in advance. Hence, students must submit their applications and documents within the deadline. After receiving the offer letter the university students can apply for a visa.
University of Surrey
The University of Surrey offers Pre Masters’s program that helps students to get into their Master’s easily. Pre Masters in the UK
- The Eligibility Requirements-To get admission students to need to have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum IELTS score of 6.
- The Admission Process includes the submission of the application form along with transcripts and IELTS scores. Students can download the form from the University’s website.
Must Read: Acceptance Rate of UK Universities
Generally, a Pre-Masters course is for a duration of 4 months to 18 months.
Pre-Master prepares a student in terms of subject matter. Hence, it is a great opportunity for students who want to study the subject as a postgraduate course.
The pre-masters cost in the UK varies from University to University. Generally, tuition fees are around €14,500.
The pre-masters program helps students to prepare for postgraduate studies. A pre-masters course helps to boost the confidence of students, provide subject-specific knowledge, and also provides a great introduction to University life. Need help with study abroad admissions? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counselling session today.