The Post Study Work Visa is also known as the Graduate route visa. It is a temporary visa which is provided to International students to live, study and work in the United Kingdom in any post or career field they choose. In this article, we have mentioned the details of How to apply for a PSW Visa in the UK? the candidate who wants to work in the United Kingdom after their studies must be wanted to know how to apply for a PSW visa, the application fees, when to apply and visa requirements.
|Full Name||Post Study Work|
|PSW For||International Students|
This Blog Includes:
PSW Visa in UK latest update
Candidates applying for the PSW Visa in the UK can apply for the visa before the completion of their course or duration of the study.UK is a country which has witnessed a large number of students for STEM courses (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) after the USA. Graduate students enrolled in programmes at any government-approved UK higher education institution are eligible for the post-study work visa.
Application Process for PSW
The candidates who have completed their studies and want to work in the United Kingdom have to apply for the PSW or Graduate route. Below mentioned are the steps for the application process of PSW:
- Visit the official website of the UK government
- Then scroll down and click on the apply now button
- Fill in the required details asked
- Upload the documents which are the Passport, BRP Card and Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies reference number.
- Pay the PSW application fee and the immigration healthcare surcharge.
- Click on the Submit button
When to Apply?
The candidates who want to apply for the Post Study Work Visa in UK must apply before their student visa expires or the university or college has declared that their course has been finished
When the students are applying for a PSW visa in the UK they have to upload or attach some documents. Below mentioned are the documents required for the PSW visa application:
- Passport or other valid travel documents
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number from when the candidate applied for the student visa.
- Proof of relationship of your family members if they are applying with the candidate.
- a letter of approval from the scholarship/sponsorship provider if they have paid the student course or living fees in the last 12 months.
The applicants applying for PSW have to pay the fees (the graduate route visa costs £715) and the immigration healthcare surcharge of £624 per person per year.
How Long Can I Stay in the UK?
A graduate visa will allow the student to stay in the UK for two years. If they have a PhD (or other doctoral qualification) they will be allowed to stay for three years. The candidate cannot extend a graduate visa, but they are allowed to apply for a different visa to remain in the UK.
Also Read: PSW Eligibility Criteria
UK Post Study Work Visa Eligibility
The students applying for PSW have to follow the stay conditions. The PSW visa stay conditions are mentioned below:
- The applicants can look for work
- Be self-employed
- The applicants can live with their partner and children in the UK
- Undertake voluntary work
- The applicants can travel from and to the UK freely.
- The candidate must be in the UK
- The candidate must have done graduation or postgraduation from the UK.
Post Study Work Visa UK Validity
The UK Post Study Work (PSW) visa or Graduate Visa is valid for up to 2 years and it cannot be extended. The candidates who want to extend their visa can switch to other kinds of visa according to their situation.
The Validity of Post Study Work (PSW) visa for the UK is 2 years and it cannot be extended. The students who want to extend their stay can switch to other kinds of Visa.
The students can apply for Post Study Work (PSW) Visa for the UK if they can apply from the official website of the UK Government. The candidates have to upload the necessary documents in the application form.
The application fees for Post Study Work (PSW) visa for the UK are (the graduate route visa costs £715) and the immigration healthcare surcharge of £624 per person per year.
For more such updates about how to apply for PSW Visa in the UK and related topics, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information. If you are planning to study in the UK then get in touch with us at 1800-572-130.