PSW Dependent Visa: Post-Study Work (PSW) dependent visas are visa categories designed for the dependents of international students who are studying in countries such as the UK, the USA, and Canada. These visas allow dependents to remain in the country for the same duration as their student partner and to work full-time during this period. In this blog, we will talk about the PSW Dependent visa and other related information.
This Blog Includes:
PSW Dependent Visa
The PSW (Post-Study Work) Dependent Visa is a type of visa in certain countries, like the United Kingdom, that allows the dependents (spouse, partner, or children) of international students who have completed their studies in that country to remain and work for a specific duration. It is typically linked to the main student’s PSW visa and allows dependents to work or study in the country during that period. The PSW Dependent Visa aims to support family reunification and provide opportunities for dependents to contribute to the country’s workforce or continue their education after the student’s graduation. Requirements and eligibility criteria may vary by country.
PSW Dependent Visa: Eligibility
To be eligible for the PSW-dependent visa the applicant must meet certain criteria. These requirements will be different for different countries. Let us check the eligibility criteria for it.
The international student must be studying a full-time course at a UK university or institution that is a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
- The applicant must be married to the PSW visa holder or must be in a civil partnership recognised by the government of the UK.
- You must be living together for at least 2 years at the time of application.
- If your child is over 18 years of age, they must be financially independent.
The PSW-dependent visa is known as the F-2 visa. It is available to the spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of an international student who holds an F-1 student visa.
- The applicant must be the spouse of an F1 student visa holder.
- The dependent child of an F1 Visa holder must be under the age of 21 years and unmarried.
- Applicants must have enough financial resources to support their family in the US
Must Read: Spouse Visa Guide for UK, USA, Canada
The PSW-dependent visa is known as the open work permit in Canada. It is available to the spouse or common-law partner of an international student who is enrolled in a full-time program at a designated learning institution.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant has a real relationship with the resident or spouse.
- The dependent child must be under 22 years and does not have a spouse, or a common law or conjugal partner.
Documents Required for PSW Dependent Visa
Candidates willing to apply for the PSW Dependent visa require some important documents. These documents are generally common in most countries. However, some countries require some extra documentation. Let us look at the documents required for different countries.
United Kingdom: The documents required to apply for Post Study Work Dependent visa are as follows.
- Passport or travel document
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
- Proof of relationship with the international student (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- Evidence of financial support (e.g. bank statements, payslips)
- Evidence of accommodation (e.g. tenancy agreement)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Tuberculosis (TB) test certificate (if applicable)
United States Of America: To apply for an F-2 visa, dependents must submit the following documents.
- Proof of relationship with the F-1 visa holder (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- A copy of the F-1 visa holder’s I-20 form
- A copy of the F-1 visa holder’s passport and visa
- A completed Form DS-160
Canada: To apply for an open work permit, dependents must submit the following documents
- Proof of relationship with the international student (e.g. marriage certificate, common-law partnership certificate)
- Proof of financial support (e.g. bank statements, payslips)
- A copy of the international student’s study permit
- A completed Form IMM 5710
PSW Dependent Visa Benefits
The Post Study Work Dependent visa offers several benefits for International students and their dependents. Some of the benefits include:
1. Family Reunification: This Visa allows the dependents of international students to join them in a foreign land. This enables families to stay together, reducing the stress and difficulties that come with long-distance separation.
2. Increased Flexibility: The Post Study Work Dependent Visa offers flexibility to international students as they can plan their careers and lives with the assurance that their families can join them.
3. Improved Quality of Life: This Visa offers dependents access to the country’s healthcare system, education, and employment opportunities (in some countries). This can improve their quality of life and enable them to contribute to the country’s economy.
4. Economic Benefits: The Post Study Work Dependent Visa can boost the country’s economy through increased spending by international students and their families.
|UK Visa Requirements for Indians
|Super Priority Visa UK
|Permanent Resident Visa Canada 2024
|UK Spouse Visa: Fees, Documents, Rules
|Can You Study in the USA with a B2 Visa?
|All About France Visa and Its Types
The PSW-dependent visa is known as the F-2 visa in the USA. The spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of an international student who holds an F-1 student visa are eligible for this visa.
The documents required while applying for Post Study Work Dependent visa in Canada are as follows. Proof of relationship with the international student (e.g. marriage certificate, common-law partnership certificate), proof of financial support (e.g. bank statements, payslips), a copy of the international student’s study permit, a completed Form IMM 5710.
The PSW dependent visa is a valuable visa category for the dependents of international students studying in countries such as the UK, the USA, and Canada. The eligibility criteria vary depending on the country, so it’s important to research the requirements carefully before applying.
Our Leverage Edu visa experts are here to help you with the application process. So, connect with us today for a FREE Consultation call or call us on 1800572000.