Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has released the dates for online admissions for the academic year 2021- 2022. KVS is one of the leading central school chains under the administration of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. KVS is a non-profit organisation that was set up in 1963 to provide quality and uniform education to children of transferable government employees. There are over a thousand KVS schools across India and all Kendriya Vidyalaya schools are affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education. In this blog, we will cover all the important details regarding the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan online admission process, dates, guidelines and more!
This Blog Includes:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admissions 2021 Dates
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Covid – 19 Update
- How to Register for KVS Online Admissions for Class I?
- Important Documents
- Age Criteria for Admissions
- Reservations in Admissions to Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Track Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission Application
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission Preference
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Guidelines
- Contact Details
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admissions 2021 Dates
Every year KVS releases admission forms for eligible students from Class I to Class XI. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online admissions-
|Online Registration for Class-I||1st April 2021 (10 am onwards)|
|Last date of Online Registration for Class-I||19th April 2021 (till 7:00 pm)|
|Declaration of provisional select and wait-list of registered candidates –
Admission of eligible candidates of the selected list in the following order:
|23rd April 2021: First List announcement
30th April 2021: Second List announcement
5th May 2021: Third List announcement
|Release of Provisional List of selected candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats||3rd to 5th May 2021|
|Extended date for Second Notification for offline Registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC (NCL) if sufficient applications are not received in online mode.||Notification will be released on 10th May 2021
Registration from 10th to 13th May 2021 Announcement of List and Admissions from 15th to 20th May 202.
|Offline Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI)- Subject based on vacancies in a particular class.||8th to 15th April 2021|
|Release of the List of Class II onwards.||19th April 2021|
|Admission for Class II onwards||20th to 27th April 2021|
|Last date for admission for all classes except Class XI||31st May 2021|
|For KV students: Registration for admission to Class XI||Within 10 days after the release of Class X results|
|Announcement of admission list & admissions for Class-XI for KV students||Within 20 days after the results of Class X|
|For Non- KV students: Registration, the release of admission list & admissions for class XI based on vacancies||After the admissions of KV students to Class XI|
|Last date of admission for Class – XI||30 days after the release of Class X results by CBSE|
Important Dates Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission 2021-22 for class – 1
|Admission Notification||30th March 2021|
|online registration for Class 1||1st April 2021|
|Last date of online registration for Class 1||19th April 2021|
|Release of provisional selection list and admission for class-1||1st List – 23rd April 20212nd list – 30th April 2021|
|3rd provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates||5th May 2021|
|provisional selection list of candidatesas per priority service category for Unreserved seats||3rd to 5th May 2021|
|Second notification for RTE provision (For SC/ST in case of fewer applications)||Notification – 10 May 2021Registration – 10 May to 13 May 2021Display of list & Admissions – 15 to 20 May 2021|
Important Dates Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission 2021-22 from class 2 onwards
|Registration in offline mode (except class XI)||8th April 2021 – 15th April 2021|
|List Declaration||19th April 2021 (4:00 pm)|
|Admission to class-2 onwards||20th to 27th April 2021|
|Last Date of admission except class 11||31st May 2021|
Other Important Dates Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission 2021-22
|Registration for admission in class XI (KV Students)||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X results|
|Registration, display of admission list & admission in class XI (Non-KV students)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI|
|Last date of admission for all classes including Class XI||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE|
Important: If any date falls on a public holiday then the next working day is considered the first/last date.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Covid – 19 Update
- KV classes will be online or regular depending upon the COVID-19 situation.
- In many parts, KV is being used as an isolation center, classes will only begin regularly after the covid-19 situation is better.
How to Register for KVS Online Admissions for Class I?
The applications for online admissions will be available on the 1st of April 2021 on the official website of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. There is no registration fee for admissions to KV schools. Let us look at the steps for registration-
- First, visit the official website and click on this link https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in for online admissions for Class I. To register, all applications have to sign up/ login to fill the application form and upload the documents.
- After, reading all the necessary instructions and marking the declaration box, applicants must proceed to fill out the necessary details.
- All applicants need a valid mobile number and email id to fill out the form.
- A scanned copy of the child’s birth certificate and photographs are also required for the application form.
- In case you are applying under the economically weaker section, you need to fill out details of the government certificate.
- Applicants may require transfer details of the parent/grandparent.
- The admission application form contains five different sections that are: Basic information, Parents details, Choice of schools, Upload documents, Declaration and submission.
- After the registration is complete, every applicant is assigned a Login Code for the online application. Once you have finished filling out the entire form, you will be given an Application Submission Code and a list of original documents you need at the time of admission.
Here is the list of documents needed for the admissions to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan-
- A Birth Certificate issued by the pertinent authority to provide proof of age of the child seeking admission
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of relationship must be submitted for grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament, PSU employees and KVS employees.
- A certificate to prove that the child belongs to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL issued by the competent authority must be submitted.
- A certificate to certify the child is handicapped must be proceeded and issued by the competent authority.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers
- A certificate of retirement for Defence employees
Age Criteria for Admissions
The age criteria followed by all the schools under Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is mentioned below:
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|Class I||5 years||7 years|
|Class II||6 years||8 years|
|Class III||7 years||9 years|
|Class IV||8 years||10 years|
|Class V||9 years||11 years|
|Class VI||10 years||12 years|
|Class VII||11 years||13 years|
|Class VIII||12 years||14 years|
|Class IX||13 years||15 years|
|Class X||14 years||16 years|
|Class XI||No age limit if the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X|
Reservations in Admissions to Kendriya Vidyalaya
|Other Backward Classes||27%|
|Differently Abled Category||3%|
Track Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission Application
You can track or check the status of your application by visiting the official website:
- Visit kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
- Click on ‘Check application status’ on the home page
- Enter your login code, date of birth & mobile number
- The status of your application will be displayed on the screen
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Online Admission Preference
The admission preference is given to applicants belonging to the different category listed below:
- Wards of Central Government employees
- Children of Army and Ex-Army
- Government employees children
- Single girl child
- Children of private or self-employed personnel
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Guidelines
- Applications for admission in Class 1 will only be accepted online
- From class 2 to 8 if the no. of applicants exceed the availability of seats, admission will be done through a lottery system.
- For admission into class 9 students will have to undergo an exam
- Admission into class 11 will be based on marks obtained in class 10.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, anyone can get enrolled in KV. However, admission is based on the availability of seats.
The official admission website of KV is kvsonlineadmission.in.
Yes, a birth certificate is mandatory for admission.
15% of seats are reserved for SC candidates.
Applicant should be at least 5 and not more than 7 years of age.
No, the admission into class 2 is through offline mode.
This was all about the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan online admission process. To know more about latest educational news and updates, follow Leverage Edu on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn for more exciting news and content!