The influence of qualified teachers is extremely crucial for the development of students. A sufficient amount of preparation is necessary to enter a teaching career that requires competent leadership and problem-solving professionals. In order to assess the skills and abilities of those preparing to pursue a career in teaching, there are many entrance tests administered across the world. In this blog, we will be discussing all the important factors of the KSET or Karnataka State Eligibility Test.
This Blog Includes:
- Exam Highlight
- What is KSET?
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Document Required for KSET 2021
- Admit Card
- Subjects Covered in KSET
- KSET Exam Pattern
- List of Centre for KSET 2022
- KSET Exam Results
- Cut-off marks
|Exam||Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET)|
|Conducting Body||University of Mysore|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Designation Offered||Assistant Professor|
|Mode of KSET 2022 Exam||Offline|
|Papers||Paper I – General Knowledge, Paper-II – Aptitude|
What is KSET?
The KSET or Karnataka State Eligibility Test is an entrance exam administered by Mysore University to shortlist applicants for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor at Karnataka UGC affiliated universities. If you are someone who aspires to become a lecturer or professor at Karnataka college institutions and universities, here is an informative blog that will lead you through various aspects of the KSET along with its topic list and criteria for eligibility.
|1st week of February 2022||The application procedures shall commence|
|1st week of March 2022||The application procedures will end|
|2nd week of March 2022||The last date to submit the form with late fee|
|2nd week of April 2022||KSET exam 2022 (tentative date)|
Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is a state-level examination that is conducted only once a year. It is an offline exam that is divided into two sections of General Knowledge and Aptitude. Before moving on to the syllabus of KSET, let’s first explore the eligibility criteria of this test which you need to fulfil in order to appear for the exam:
- Candidates belonging to the General category are required to secure 50% (without rounding off) marks in master’s degree from a recognised university. Candidates from the SC/ST/PwD are required to secure 50% marks in their master’s degree or any other equivalent degree from a recognised university.
- Candidates who are still pursuing their master’s degree (final year), and those who are waiting for the results or candidates whose qualifying examination has been delayed are also eligible to apply for the KSET. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally for the KSET test.
- PhD candidates who have completed their postgraduation on or before September 1991 (irrespective of the declaration of the result) shall be eligible for the KSET with 5% relaxation marks.
- Candidates who do not belong to the General category are required to mention their social status. They are required to submit the attested copies of the supporting documents.
- Candidates from the SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories appearing for the KSET from outside Karnataka shall apply under General category.
- A candidate who qualified their previous KSET exam are not eligible to apply in the same subject. If the KSET authorities found anyone with such case, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility will be drawn through de-notification.
- Candidates shall appear for the KSET in the discipline they pursued in their post-graduation. In case, the candidate did not find the subject of their postgraduation in the list of KSET subjects, they will be required to appear in the UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates are required to provide various self-attested documents such as their postgraduation marksheet, 10th class marksheet and other academic certificates. Candidates are required to submit all the necessary documents prior to one week of the exam. In case their ineligibility is detected due to any invalid certificate by the KSET authorities, the candidature will be cancelled immediately and legal action might also be taken.
Also Read: Highest Paying Government Jobs in India
All the important details regarding the 2022 KSET application process and the documents required for the application are given below.
The steps required to register in the main portal for the KSET registration are as follows:
- Visit the main KSET website and open the homepage
- On the homepage you will have to click on the “appy online” button
- After the applying pop up opens cick on “sign up for registration”
- Here candidate should fill up all the required details accurately
- Alongwith the required details make sure to upload the right documents
2. Upload Documents
Here is a list of all the required documents needed for the registration process.
- Candidate must upload their scanned photgraph with the specified size and dimension as mentioned on the website
- Usually the size of the scanned photo is betwwen 10 – 100 KB in JPEG format
- The size of the scanned signature should be between 5 – 30 KB in JPEG format
3. Registration Fee Payment
The registration fee for the KSET examination can be paid both offline and online. The online payment can be processed through Internet Banking, MasterCard, Debit Card, or an E-Wallet payment. While offline payment shall be made through SBI bank only. The challan is generated online and paid in cash/cheque through an SBI bank. Here is a list of different amounts of payments for different quotas.
|CAT -IIA, IIB||INR 950|
|CAT – I, SC, ST PWD||INR 650|
Document Required for KSET 2021
Important documents that are required for the examination are:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- All official academic transcripts (UG and PG)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
Also Read: Government Exams after 12th Science
Usually, the admit cards for the KSET exam gets released by July 22 each year. In order to get the admit card, candidates need to follow the given instructions:
- Visit the main KSET exam portal
- On the homepage of the website, you will find the main admit card link
- Enter the registration number and log in to your candidate account
- The KSET admit card is displayed on your screen
- After that, you need to download the admit card and print out a hard copy for future purpose
- When visiting the exam centre, stduents are required to caryy the admit card and a photo identity proof along.
Also Read: Easiest Government Exams to Crack in India
Subjects Covered in KSET
A postgraduate degree is a compulsory qualification for those appearing for KSET. Further, the University of Mysore, which is the conducting authority for this exam, has specified the following list of subjects that are generally covered under the exam.
|General Paper||Tourism Administration||Folk Literature|
|Kannada||Library and information science||Computer Science applications|
|Economics||Mass Communication and Journalism||Physical Sciences|
|Political Science||Psychology||Chemical Sciences|
|English||Social Work||Environmental Sciences|
|Geography||Physical Education||Women Studies|
|Performing Arts||Earth Sciences|
KSET Exam Pattern
Here is a detailed list of the exam pattern which might help candidates to understand the KSET exam form in-depth.
|Sessions||First (General Knowledge and Aptitude)||Second (Subject was chosen by the candidate)|
|Number of Questions||50||100|
|Duration||1 hour||2 hours|
List of Centre for KSET 2022
The KSET exam is conducted in 11 different test centres across Karnataka. Here is a detailed list of all the centres along with the centre codes.
|Exam Center||Center Code|
KSET Exam Results
After you are done with your KSET exam and you are eagerly waiting for your results, here is a detailed list of all the processes that you may require to do when your results are finally out.
Steps to check the KSET 2022 results
- Visit the official KSET website
- Go to the link which says “results” and click on it
- Enter your KSET 2022 roll number and date of bith in the pop up box
- Proceed by clicking on the “search” button
- Your results will be displayed on the screen
- Downlaod your results score card and print it out for future use
After the exam results are declared the administration declares the cut-off for different quotas on the official website. Below mentioned is usually the approximate cut-off percentage that candidates can refer to.
|Category||Minimum Percentage to obtain|
|General/UR Category||40% aggregate of both papers|
|SC/ST/CAT – I/II/A/II B/III A/III B/PwD||35% aggregate of both papers|
Recommended KSET Books for Preparation 2022
|Paper I||General Paper||Truman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper 1 UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1 Teaching and Research Aptitude by Arihant Expert|
|Paper II||Commerce||Truman’s UGC NET Commerce by Praveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani|
|Kannada||Samagra Kannada Sahitya Kaipidi by Lokesha Masavanaghatta|
|Economics||Truman’s UGC NET Economics by Srinivas ShirurUGC NET/JRF/SET Economics Paper II by Gopal Garg|
|English||UGC NET/SET English Literature by Arihant Experts|
|Political Science||Truman’s UGC NET Political Science by K.A.Babu and Sajit KumarUGC NET Political Science by Rukmini Bhattacharjee|
|History||Truman’s UGC NET History by Promod Singh|
|Sociology||Truman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain|
|Geography||Truman’s UGC NET Geography by A.Magon and B.P.Panigrahi|
|Hindi||Truman’s UGC NET Hindi Sahitya|
|Management||Truman’s UGC NET Management by M. ShivaniUGC NET/SET Management by Mohit Aggarwal|
|Tourism Administration||Truman’s UGC NET Tourism by Akhilesh|
|Education||Truman’s UGC NET Education by Gagan Manocha|
|Library & Information Science||Truman’s UGC NET Library and Information Science by S.Thakur|
|Mass Communication & Journalism||Truman’s UGC NET Mass Communication and Journalism by Sameer K MishraCommunication and Journalism by Atul Udaipuria and Nitesh Kumar Singh|
|Psychology||Truman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharshi UGC NET Psychology by Siddharth Mittal and Naroj Kumar Sahu|
|Social Work||Truman’s UGC NET Education by Yogendra Pal|
|Criminology||Criminology solved question paper by Nitish Kumar Soni, Dr. Mridul Srivastava, and Dr. Anup Yadava|
|Law||Truman’s UGC NET by Suman Chauhan|
|Sanskrit||UGC NET/JRF/SLET Sanskrit Prashan-Patra by Priyanka Tiwari|
|Physical Education||Truman’s UGC NET Physical Education by Akhilesh Tripathi and A.K.Srivastava|
|Folk Literature||Folk Literature: A Concise Guide for NET/JRF by Marya Naim|
|Urdu||UGC NET/JRF Urdu by M.Arshad Ansari and M.S.Ansari|
|Public Administration||Truman’s UGC NET Public Administration by Sajit Kumar|
|Computer Science & Applications||Truman’s UGC NET/SET Computer Science & Application by Sanjay Singhal and Sameer Mishra|
|Environmental Science||Truman’s UGC NET Environmental Science by Anil Tyagi and Virendra Singh|
|Home Science||Truman’s UGC NET Home Science by Anju Khosla|
|Electronic Science||UGC NET/SET Electronic Science by Sunil Kushwaha|
|Archaeology||UGC NET Archaeology by Mohan Lal|
|Anthropology||Truman’s UGC NET Anthropology by A.M.Tripathi|
|Philosophy||UGC NET Philosophy by Mohan Lal|
|Women Studies||Advanced Manual for Women Studies by Anmol Murlidhar Nimsadkar|
|Linguistics||UGC NET/SET Linguistics by Ringu Ann Baby|
|Music||UGC NET Music by Gunjan Saxena and Nisha Rawa|
|Visual Arts||UGC NET Visual Arts by M.Vashim|
Candidates possessing a Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks for general candidates and 50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates are eligible to apply for KSET.
KSET exam is conducted by the University of Mysore to recruit the personnel for the post of lecturer and assistant professor.
You can pay KSET Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/State Bank crony e-wallet/Cash at any SBI Branch.
Candidates merely have to need to click on the forgot password option. The password is reset. Candidates have to need to fill the tiny print like Date of Birth, different details mention as registration.
Only one email address and mobile number are often registered with one candidate.
No, the KSET application form filling method starts in 2 or 3 days. Following the discharge of the KSET examination notification.
Thus, we hope that this blog on KSET helped you understand the major aspects of the exam. If you’re planning to appear for a competitive exam like KSET and need preparation tips, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll assist throughout the preparation process of the test thus guiding you to ace your exam and pass it with flying colours.