The influence of qualified teachers is extremely crucial for the development of students. A sufficient amount of preparation is necessary to enter a teaching career that requires competent leadership and problem-solving professionals. In order to assess the skills and abilities of those preparing to pursue a career in teaching, there are many entrance tests administered across the world. In this blog, we will be discussing all the important factors of KSET or Karnataka State Eligibility Test.
This Blog Includes:
Overview of KSET
The KSET or Karnataka State Eligibility Test is an entrance exam administered by Mysore University to shortlist applicants for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor at Karnataka UGC affiliated universities. If you are someone who aspires to become a lecturer or professor at Karnataka college institutions and universities, here is an informative blog that will lead you through various aspects of the KSET along with its topic list and criteria for eligibility.
KSET 2021 Important Date
|1st week of February 2021||The application procedures shall commence|
|1st week of March 2021||The application procedures will end|
|2nd week of March 2021||The last date to submit the form with late fee|
|2nd week of April 2021||KSET exam 2021 (tentative date)|
Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is a state-level examination which is conducted only once a year. It is an offline exam which is divided into two sections of General Knowledge and Aptitude. Before moving on to the syllabus of KSET, let’s first explore the eligibility criteria of this test which you need to fulfil in order to appear for the exam:
- Candidates belonging to the General category are required to secure 50% (without rounding off) marks in master’s degree from a recognised university. Candidates from the SC/ST/PwD are required to secure 50% marks in their master’s degree or any other equivalent degree from a recognised university.
- Candidates who are still pursuing their master’s degree (final year), and those who are waiting for the results or candidates whose qualifying examination has been delayed are also eligible to apply for the KSET. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally for the KSET test.
- PhD candidates who have completed their postgraduation on or before September 1991 (irrespective of the declaration of the result) shall be eligible for the KSET with 5% relaxation marks.
- Candidates who do not belong to the General category are required to mention their social status. They are required to submit the attested copies of the supporting documents.
- Candidates from the SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories appearing for the KSET from outside Karnataka shall apply under General category.
- A candidate who qualified their previous KSET exam are not eligible to apply in the same subject. If the KSET authorities found anyone with such case, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility will be drawn through de-notification.
- Candidates shall appear for the KSET in the discipline they pursued in their post-graduation. In case, the candidate did not find the subject of their postgraduation in the list of KSET subjects, they will be required to appear in the UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates are required to provide various self-attested documents such as their postgraduation marksheet, 10th class marksheet and other academic certificates. Candidates are required to submit all the necessary documents prior to one week of the exam. In case their ineligibility is detected due to any invalid certificate by the KSET authorities, the candidature will be cancelled immediately and legal action might also be taken.
Subjects Covered in KSET
A postgraduate degree is a compulsory qualification for those appearing for KSET. Further, the University of Mysore, which is the conducting authority for this exam, has specified the following list of subjects which are generally covered under the exam.
|General Paper||Tourism Administration||Folk Literature|
|Kannada||Library and Information
|Computer Science and
|Political Science||Psychology||Chemical Sciences|
|English||Social Work||Environmental Sciences|
|Geography||Physical Education||Women Studies|
|Performing Arts||Earth Sciences|
Document Required for KSET 2021
Important documents that are required for KSET exams 2021
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- All official academic transcripts (UG and PG)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
KSET 2021 Registration Fee
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||Rs 950|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD (VH/PH)||Rs 650|
List of Centre for KSET 2021
Thus, we hope that this blog on KSET helped you understand the major aspects of the exam. If you’re planning to appear for a competitive exam like KSET and need preparation tips, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll assist throughout the preparation process of the test thus guiding you to ace your exam and pass it with flying colours.