Every work sector demands a specialist or a professional managing and administering various day-to-day activities and the hospital industry is no different. Moreover, the complexity of processes that take place in hospitals has led to a tremendous demand for efficient and skilled professionals delivering quality services at every hour of the day. Therefore, a range of universities and colleges have been successful in producing high-quality Hospital Management course with professional exposure for students all across the world. It is quite interesting to know that a career in Hospital Management and administration offers a good pay package and service to mankind.
Let’s discuss everything you need to know about this course.
Why Pursue Hospital Management?
A career in Hospital Management involves effective use of financial and physical resources of the hospital or a medical organisation to provide the best quality of healthcare services. This has opened a wide range of lucrative career options in Hospital Management and administration. Hospital managers and administrators are the crucial elements in managing medical facilities and hospitals. Their key role is to provide overall patient care, research, community healthcare and education related to the organisation. There was a time when senior specialists used to perform management and administration duties. However, things have become more advanced because of the development of technology and the requirement for management professionals in the health sector.
The healthcare sector has tremendously taken global recognition because of the enhanced medical tourism all across the world. So, if you’re talented and wish to develop administration skills there is no limit to where your ambitions can take you in the world of Hospital Management.
Also Read: MBA in Healthcare – New Opportunity for Medical Students
- Excellent organizing and communication skills
- Knowledge of information and finance systems
- Ability to handle people and work pressure
- Patience and focussed individual
- Ability to adjust within the team
- Capability to take faster and rational decisions
Hospital Management Courses
Students from both medical or non-medical background can pursue a career in Hospital Management or administration. There is a wide range of courses among bachelor or master degree programs for students all across the world. Moreover, various institutions also offer diploma, certificate, short-term and correspondence courses in Hospital Management.
Bachelor’s Degree Course
- Bachelor of Hospital Management or Administration
Master’s Degree Courses
- Master of Hospital Administration
- MSc. in Hospital Administration
- MBA in Hospital Management or Administration
- M.Phil or MD in Hospital Management
Note: The duration of a bachelor’s degree course is generally 3 years, whereas the master’s degree course varies between 1 to 2 years.
- Diploma in Hospital Administration
- PG Diploma in Hospital Management or Administration
- PG Diploma in Hospital and Health Management
Hospital Management Course: Top Universities and Colleges
Healthcare is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world because of the demand for high-quality medical facilities to cure diseases, provide immunizations and support emergency care. This has proven to be a reason why professionals in the field of Health Management and administration are considered to be major players in the health sector.
Below is a list of top universities and colleges providing high-quality education and training facilities in Hospital Management course:
- Harvard University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Oxford
- Columbia University
- Bocconi University
- George Washington University
- Coventry University
- Johns Hopkins University
- National University of Singapore
- University of North Carolina
- Copenhagen Business School
- University of Glasgow
- University of Bedfordshire
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Warwick
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
The importance of health care and hygiene can never decrease because of which health care institutions require qualified hospital managers and administrators. Below is a list of top recruiters offering enormous job opportunities to professionals after a Hospital Management course:
- Public and Private Hospitals
- International and National Healthcare Organisations
- Health Insurance Companies
- Health Agencies, Clinics and Laboratories
- Public Health Department or Rehabilitation Centers
- Medical Institutions and Colleges
- Mental Health Organizations
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Hospital Consulting Firms
- Medical Software Companies
There is a list of job opportunities for professionals in Hospital Management and administration offering quality healthcare services to masses in a cost-effective manner.
- Directors of Medical Colleges
- Medical Directors
- Nursing Directors
- Heads of Departments
- Hospital Superintendents
- Deputy Superintendents
- Healthcare Finance Managers
Hospital management is still emerging as a full-fledged career. Thus, opting for a hospital management course gives you a chance to acquire a top spot in healthcare management. If you want to know more about this course, the experts at Leverage Edu can help you build a flourishing career in the healthcare sector.