In a world where news and information have become so rampant and fast, keeping a track of events gets tougher for an ordinary person. But amid this chaos, there are people who study events minutely to draw a conclusion of happenings. If you are one of these kind, then a career in Global Studies is the right option for you. With its comprehensive framework, the discipline allows you to study a number of subjects like Politics, Economy, Legal System, International Relations, Sociology, History, etc. With a rise in the number of global issues like inflation, humanitarian crisis, civil wars etc the relevance of Global Studies has increased in contemporary times. In this blog, let up explore various career options in the very field.
Also Read: International Relations Courses
Why Global Studies?
For someone who is passionate about keeping the track of events happening globally and studying them for possible outcomes, the Global Studies offer the knowledge base required for the task. The subject will allow you to study the sub-disciplines of Social Sciences like political science, economics, anthropology, sociology, and geography. Either choosing to study a specific region with respect to the global scenario or studying an issue prevalent at the global level, the course offers you the freehand to explore its vastness. After completing the course, an array of options are there to pursue which makes it among the best career choices for the students looking for an informative course.
Universities to Pursue Global Studies
A number of universities offer a course in Global Studies worldwide. For an intensive course like this, the university plays a key role. A good one will provide you with a perfect atmosphere to explore and study the program Thus, while picking one for yourself, make sure to seek correct guidance and explore all available options. Career experts at Leverage can lend you a helping hand to search for the best university. Let’s have a look at some of the top universities to pursue Global Studies.
- Yale University
- University of Sussex
- Columbia University
- University of Cambridge
- London School of Economics
- Australia National University
- University of Toronto
- The Tokyo University
- University of Amsterdam
- Eth Zurich University
- University of Copenhagen
- McGill University
One of the best aspects of studying Global Studies is that the multidisciplinarity of the course provides a solid foundation of various fields. Some of the job profiles open for the graduates are:
- Human Rights Activist: To promote peace and ensure that the humanitarian crisis is addressed, the job of the human rights activist involves dealing with a number of issues. It requires a deep knowledge of cultures, geographies, laws and, economies around the world. The Global Studies degree equips one with all that takes to excel in this career path.
- Embassy Assistant: Embassies are in search of professionals who are able to handle responsibilities related to immigration, visa and more. The graduate has expertise in a range of subjects, thus suitable for this position.
- HR for a Global Company: As a human resource representative for a global company, you are expected to handle clients and staff from different cultures. To do justice to the post a person with Gloak Studies background can be hired.
- Journalist: Regarded among the well-informed section of professionals, journalists are expected to have a good hold of diverse topics like Foreign Affairs, Diplomacy, Trade, Geopolitics, Economy and many more. A degree in this discipline can add to your journalistic skills and help you become a better representative of society.
- National Security Agent: Though the position of NSA is unchallenged when it comes to the country’s national security. NSA is a person with a lot of responsibilities and intense knowledge of International Relations. Opting for this career path after completing a degree in Global Studies can definitely take you to places.
A career in Global Studies guarantees you the versatile job profile with immense scope of growth. If you are looking for a university to study this course, Leverage Edu can curate a list of options suitable for you and help you choose your desired university. Our experts will help you throughout the process of application until you land up in your dream university.