CBSE or the Central Board of Secondary Education has launched an app recently. This app is called – “Dost for Life” and it is not just for the students but for their parents as well. It is for counselling parents and students across CBSE affiliated schools throughout the world keeping in mind the dire situation of this pandemic. It provides the students with information on course guides, tips on psychological health, learning from home, self-care, a corona guide with daily safety protocols and even has songs.
About Dost for Life App
This is a new approach to counseling, very different from the usual toll free number facilities that were provided earlier. It will be very helpful for all the users. We are providing the information about this app below –
- This app is easy to use, convenient. The users can easily use it from the safety of their home to improve their mental health and use this time to be more productive.
- This app is designed to cater to the students from 9th – 12th class in CBSE affiliated schools and their parents.
- The counselling sessions start from 10th May 2021 onwards and these live counselling sessions are free to all the students and parents.
- The counselling will take place 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and you can choose the slots from these 2 according to your convenience – 9:30 am – 1:30 pm or you could choose 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm to connect through a chat box which is easy to use.
- The trained counsellors will be helping the students and parents with their problems and queries regarding depression, anxiety, internet addiction, any specific learning disability and much more.
- These counselling sessions have about 83 volunteers with 66 from our own country and the other 17 from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Nepal, Japan and the USA.
- This app can be easily downloaded from Google Play on any android phone. This facility will be extended for other phone users too soon. The app is available to download here.
- CBSE has also brought a manual that comprises chapters dealing with the present situation of the COVID pandemic. It also discusses the interconnectivity of school, families and community for the psychological health of the students at their development stages. The manual is available at the official CBSE website.
Download ‘Dost for Life’ App Here
Dost for Life App Features
The app has been launched on Google Play Store and is offered by CBSE Delhi. Here are some of the interesting features of the app:
- More than 100,000 people have already downloaded the app.
- The app barely takes any space on the phone with only 5.9 MB size.
- The app has received mixed responses from users as some find it helpful but some are facing issues with the interface.
Departing from the norm of normal counselling on phones, this is an innovative and useful change for CBSE to launch Dost for Life. What are your views about it? And how do you think this app will help you and the others? Tell us in the comments section and follow Leverage Edu on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.