Dhruv Rathee is a 27 years old Indian YouTuber, Vlogger and podcast who is very well known for speaking on a wide range of topics such as contemporary politics, history, environment, society, and personal finance. He remains both popular and controversial for his liberal opinions on politics and on-trend topics. Currently, his YouTube channel “Dhruv Rathee” has 6.6M subscribers and he is followed by 794K people on Instagram (@dhruvrathee). Along with such credentials, he also has his own podcast show called the Spotify Studios presents ‘Maha Bharat with Dhruv Rathee’ – a podcast that delves deep into how things in India actually work.
This Blog Includes:
Who is Dhruv Rathee?
Dhruv Rathee, among other things, is an Indian YouTuber, Social Activist, Analyst, Lifestyle Vlogger, and Mechanical Engineer. He is an Indian national who now lives in Germany. He is a YouTuber and activist in India who is dedicated and industrious. Dhruv frequently uploads videos to his primary channel, which has around 6 million subscribers, sharing his thoughts and opinions on important socio-political and environmental issues that are disregarded by the Indian media.
Early Life and Education of Dhruv Rathee
Dhruv Rathee was born to a Hindu family on October 8, 1994, in Haryana due to which his childhood revolved heavily around Hindu culture. Being a Haryanvi speaking native, he completed his schooling in Haryana, India.
After obtaining his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany, Rathee went on to pursue a Master’s, specializing in renewable energy. Apart from formal education, he has a keen interest in political philosophy, political science and economic areas.
Also Read: Famous Personalities Who Went To ULaw
Dhruv Rathee Net Worth
|Profession||YouTuber, Social Media Activist & Mechanical Engineer|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Net Worth in Indian Rupees||Rs 25 Crores|
|Yearly/Annual Income||12 Crore|
|Monthly income||30 Lakhs|
Personal Life of Dhruv Rathee
Dhruv Rathee is a quiet yet confident man in his personal life. He enjoys traveling all over the world and is a dedicated YouTuber. Apart from that, Dhruv is now married to Julie Lbr, his long-time lover, at Belvedere Palace in Vienna. She is a medical student as of 2022.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology is a public research university in Baden-Württemberg, Germany and a national research centre in the Helmholtz Association that is one of the largest educational institutions and the largest research institution by funding in Germany.
The university has eleven faculties :
- Chemistry and Biology
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Civil engineering, Geology and Ecological Sciences
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Sciences
- Economics and Management
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Also Read: Famous Personalities of India
Dhruv Rathee Biography/Interesting Fact
- Dhruv Rathee is a well-known YouTuber and video developer.
- He was born in the Indian state of Haryana.
- Dhruv is 27 years old and stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inches.
- Dhruv has been interested in producing YouTube videos since he was a child.
- In 2013, he launched the “Dhruv Rathee” YouTube channel.
- He makes videos about ‘Social,’ ‘Political,’ and ‘Environmental Issues,’ among other topics.
- His goal is to raise awareness about ‘Social Issues.’
- Dhruv motivates everyone to do their part to make the world a better place.
- He worked at a firm in Haryana before becoming a YouTuber.
- He has a passion for photography.
Awards and Achievement of Dhruv Rathee
Rathee, along with Medianama’s Nikhil Pahwa, public policy specialist Meghnad S, Indian Police Service officer D Roopa Moudgil, and AltNews founder Pratik Sinha, was nominated for the Inspiration of the Year category at the 2018 Outlook Social Media Awards. He’s also become a regular panelist on news discussions on television.
Dhruv Rathee’s Journey
Here is a chronological timeline of Dhruv Rathee’s Journey from an Engineering graduate to a social media sensation.
- In 2014, Dhruv Rathee released a video “BJP Exposed: Lies Behind The Bullshit” on his YouTube channel, targeting Narendra Modi’s government that had been elected in that year.
- In 2016, Dhruv Rathee earned online visibility after he posted YouTuber Ajay Sehrawat’s claims of Arvind Kejriwal’s ineffective administration. He said that when he saw people sharing Ajay Sehrawat’s videos without checking the facts, he realised the need to present actual research in front of them so that they understand the truth. His political analysis has a wide range of national issues, while being highly critical of Narendra Modi’s government and Hindutva politics.
- Dhruv Rathee released a series of videos on YouTube highlighting facts covering various topics including Uri attack (2016), Indian Line of Control strike (2016), Indian banknote demonetisation and Gurmehar Kaur row(2016). He launched Pee News, a satire ‘fake news’ segment, in which he criticised the BJP government and Hindutva politics. He also started a series called “The Dhruv Rathee Show” in which he continued to be critical of the central government but that series is now discontinued. Dhruv wrote opinion columns for ThePrint from 2017 to 2020.
- Over the years, Dhruv Rathee has shifted away from his diatribe-like videos solely highlighting the Central Government of India. Now his videos cover a wider range of topics such as ground reports, current affairs, society, philosophy, personal finance, environment, geopolitics, history, video biographies etc. Also, his videos contain a significant amount of animated graphics. He prefers to call his videos “educational” and “informative” at the end of each of them.
- In July 2020, he started another YouTube channel – “Dhruv Rathee Vlogs” where he publishes his international travel vlogs along with his wife Juli Lbr.
- He also hosts shows – DW Travel of Deutsche Welle and Decode with Dhruv of Netflix India.
- A Spotify-exclusive podcast called Maha Bharat with Dhruv Rathee highlights how things in India actually work. Some of the topics covered by him since April 2020 are – Why is India a Republic? What is the Sensex? What happens to your taxes? Why are PSUs so bad? and many more. Most of the podcasts are of maximum thirty minutes.
- In November 2020, Rathee made a video which featured actresses Kangana Raunat and later he got involved in an online spat because of the same. In the video, he criticised Kangana for hypocrisy and embellishment. She responded to his video by claiming that Dhruv had taken money to make the video and that she could get him jailed for it.
Dhruv Rathee strongly believes in speaking truth, to power and practice, promoting progressive values of democracy, rationalism and critical thinking through his videos. More or less, his educational qualifications and life experiences have made a tremendous impact on what he is as a person now.
Also Read: What Can We Learn From The Great Personalities?
Dhruv Rathee earns between 25 and 30 lakhs per month from YouTube and sponsorships, putting his annual earnings at more than 2 crores.
Dhruv Rathee is a Mechanical Designing Engineer who is currently residing in Germany.
Rathee, Dhruv’s Net worth is believed to be in the millions of dollars, which translates to more than 29 crores in Indian rupees.
If you are interested in pursuing your further studies abroad then call our experts at 1800 572 000. At Leverage Edu, we have all the required services for study abroad purposes and our experts can assist you through the entire process of getting into your dream university.