The goal of a master’s degree in aerospace engineering is to equip students with the knowledge and abilities they need to lead in the aerospace sector. Aircraft design, manufacturing, and production management will be skills available to graduates. A bachelor’s degree is required to take this course, which takes two years. In the United States, only a select few universities offer it. Graduates are prepared to work in the aerospace industry as engineers or research scientists. Read to know more about MS in Aerospace Engineering in USA.
Must Read: Study in USA Guide for Indian Students 2023
This Blog Includes:
- Aerospace Engineering in USA: Overview
- Top Reasons to Pursue MS in Aerospace Engineering in USA
- Top 10 MS in Aerospace Engineering Universities in the USA
- Cost of Studying MS in Aerospace Engineering in USA
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Scholarships in the USA
- Jobs and Salaries
- Top Recruiters
Aerospace Engineering in USA: Overview
A master’s in Aerospace engineering in the USA is one of the most highly opted postgraduate degrees globally. A plethora of international students immigrates to the USA to get enrolled in this postgraduate degree. MS in aerospace engineering in the USA is a two-year postgraduate course that helps students in mastering the theoretical as well as practical knowledge required to lead in the aerospace sector.
Top Reasons to Pursue MS in Aerospace Engineering in USA
There are various benefits of enrolling in a master’s program in aerospace engineering in the USA. Some of the basic reasons include the following;
- MS in Aerospace engineering is one of the highest-paying jobs in the USA, with an average salary of $100K per year.
- Numerous universities across the globe offer an MS in Aerospace engineering. However, the USA is home to some of the highly ranked universities offering excellence in education and precise curriculum.
- In addition, the USA provides an educational environment that helps you learn through personal experience.
Top 10 MS in Aerospace Engineering Universities in the USA
The following is a list of the top ten colleges in the United States that teach aerospace engineering, along with their rankings by US News & World Report for aerospace engineering:
|Name of the University||World University US Rankings 2023|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||1|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||4|
|California Institute of Technology||2|
|University of Texas, Austin||8|
|University of Illinois, Urbana||7|
|Texas A&M University||8|
|University of Colorado||8|
|University of Michigan||6|
Must Read: Aerospace Engineering Colleges
Cost of Studying MS in Aerospace Engineering in USA
One of the most important sectors in both commercial and military applications is the aerospace industry. For a long time, the United States was one of the world’s largest aerospace product producers and consumers. A Master of Aerospace Engineering degree can be earned at a public or private university, with tuition costs varying by state. The educational expenses can go from INR 11 Lacs to INR 41 Lacs for a year. The annual cost of living can range anywhere from INR 8 Lacs.
Must Read: Aerospace Engineering Courses
There are a few eligibility requirements that are required to be qualified to pursue an MS in Aerospace Engineering in the USA. These eligibility criteria are as follows
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering or a field related to it with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- A high score on a test of English proficiency such as the IELTS or TOEFL;
- A high score on the GRE;
- A statement of purpose and two to three letters of recommendation
- A valid passport
- Updated CV
- Proof of financial aid
- Work experience (where applicable).
English Language Requirements
As a part of the application process, you are also required to submit language proficiency test scores.
|Language Proficiency Test||Language Requirements|
Must Read: Study in USA Without IELTS
To apply for an MS in Aerospace Engineering in the USA you are required to submit the following documents as a part of the application process.
- GPA scorecard
- TOEFL/IELTS score card
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Official academic transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Work experience
- GRE score card
To get enrolled at MS in Aerospace Engineering in the USA all you are required to do is to follow certain septs.
- First, you are required to follow the official website of your preferred university for the latest notifications and updates.
- Then you are required to fill out the application form available on the official website of your preferred university accurately before the application deadline.
- After completion of this step, you are also required to submit a list of essential documents such as a resume, SOP, and LOR, as a part of the application process.
- After completion of all the steps mentioned above in case you are selected, you will be notified by the preferred university through Email or contact number.
Scholarships in the USA
The most gifted students who have a strong interest in the field are the recipients of the scholarships. They are given out according to merit and need. Scholarships can be used for things like tuition, books, and other costs associated with education.
Among the available scholarships are
- Guidance, Navigation and Control Graduate Awards
- Women in Aerospace Scholarship Foundation Scheme
- William Asbjornsen Albert Memorial Fellowship
- AIAA Foundation Scholarship
- Orville and Wilbur Wright Graduate Award
Must Read: Aerospace Engineering Scholarships
Jobs and Salaries
There are a lot of aerospace engineering jobs available in the United States. According to Payscale, an Aerospace Engineer earns an average of $86,530 per year in the United States.
The following are some of the most sought-after positions for aerospace engineers
and the average salaries:
|Name of the Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Aircraft Quality Assurance Officer||$38K|
Must Read: Career in Aerospace Engineering
The Aeronautic trade is made out of four significant areas: aerospace manufacturing, military aviation, space exploration, and commercial aviation. These industries hold the majority of engineering positions, with some additional opportunities available in related fields like computer science and materials science.
In the United States, the following individuals are the most successful recruiters for Master’s degrees in Aerospace Engineering:
- The Boeing Company
- Northrop Grumman Corporation,
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- US Army
From a bachelor’s degree to a master’s degree and a PhD, there are numerous excellent institutions in the United States that provide aerospace engineering courses where you can receive quality education and open the door to a bright and lucrative career. If you need help getting into MS aeronautical engineering in the United States, contact our Leverage Edu Counsellors right away.
Ans. An MS in Aerospace Engineering is a specialization degree that focuses on the design and development of aircraft, spacecraft, and their related systems.
Ans. The MS in Aerospace Engineering is typically a 2-year degree program focused on advanced teaching of concepts of Aeronautical Science.
Ans. Some of the common jobs for those with an MS in Aerospace engineering are Aerospace Professor, Aeronautical Engineer, Aircraft Mechanic, Aircraft Quality Assurance Officer, etc.
If you are looking forward to pursuing your career abroad, sign up for the free career counselling session at 1800572000 and gain an opportunity to talk to our Leverage Edu mentors!