Hi! I’m Astronaut Alex 👨🚀🚀, and today, we’re talking about mechatronics engineering in Canada. Do you wish to study in Canada? Well, don’t fret if you feel confused about pursuing a course in Canada. I’ll help you understand how you can go about it.
Mechatronics degrees equip students with the skills required to design and operate computer-controlled electromechanical systems. Mechatronics engineers develop sustainable solutions to industrial problems and innovative machinery. Mechatronics professionals improve our devices and gadgets, appliances, communication gadgets, and medical equipment. If you wish to pursue a mechatronics engineering degree, then Canada can be an ideal place to do so. Mechatronics engineering in Canada offers a wide range of opportunities to international students and employment seekers. The demand in this field is only growing, leading to more employment opportunities. Keep reading to learn about the pursuit of this degree in complete detail.
I hope you have a gist of studying mechatronics engineering in Canada. This is just the beginning! Join me as I take you on a journey of pursuing this degree. Let’s go!🚀
This Blog Includes:
- 📖Why Study Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
- 🏫Top Universities and Tuition Fees
- ✅Eligibility for Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
- 📄Application Process for Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
- 🔮Scope of Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
📖Why Study Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
Canada is among the most popular study destinations across the globe due to its high-quality education, prestigious universities and its emphasis on attracting overseas students who can later immigrate.
Here are some of the main reasons why you should study mechatronics engineering in Canada:
The universities in Canada are highly prestigious and offer high-quality education. Here are some of the top universities offering mechatronics engineering degrees in Canada:
- Queen’s University
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Alberta
➡️Diverse and Welcoming Country
Canada boasts a multicultural society that celebrates diverse cultures, languages, and traditions. This creates an inclusive and dynamic learning environment for international students.
The universities in Canada offer practical experience, hands-on learning, and research opportunities, which makes students job-ready.
The mechatronics sector is growing in Canada, leading to more employment opportunities. You can expect to have a bright career after completing your mechatronics engineering course in Canada.
🏫Top Universities and Tuition Fees
If you have finally decided to study in Canada, then please ensure you are aware of its top universities and the tuition costs. Many prestigious universities offer mechatronics engineering in Canada. Take a look at the table below to see the top universities in Canada that offer mechatronics engineering in Canada.
|University||QS World University Rankings 2024||Course Offered||Duration||Total Course Fee|
|Queen’s University||209||Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Engineering – Mechatronics||4 Years||CA$98,181|
|British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)||34||Diploma in Mechatronics and Robotics||2 Years||CA$38,910|
|Simon Fraser University||318||Doctor of Philosophy in Mechatronic Systems Engineering||4 Years||CA$22,167|
|University of Alberta||111||Master of Science in Computing Science – Robotics (Thesis-based)||2 Years||CA$16,820|
✅Eligibility for Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
Here are the eligibility criteria to study mechatronics engineering in Canada:
- The applicants need to have the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Maths in class 12. They must have scored at least 70% in their class 12 examination.
- Moreover, the applicants must have completed their bachelor’s when applying for a postgraduation course.
- Moreover, they need to have a minimum GMAT score of 500- 700 out of 800.
- The students should have a minimum score of 6 on IELTS.
- Canadian universities often prefer students to have 12 months of work experience (for a Master’s level program).
- Also, students have to submit the following documents during their admission process:
- A photocopy of your valid passport or travel document
- Proof that you can support yourself
- An acceptance letter from your educational institution
- Passport Size Photographs
- Statement of Purpose
- proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of Recommendation
- Experience Certificates
- medical test reports
Also Read: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada: A Guide
📄Application Process for Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
The admission process for mechatronics engineering in Canada may be perplexing for students. Fortunately, Leverage Edu can make your application process a lot more smoother.
We can aid you in your application in the following ways:
- By taking help from our AI Course Finder, you can select the course you wish to attend.
- Leverage Edu’s experts will then commence the application process for the university you selected on your behalf.
- Your application should include essays, SOPs, TOEFL, LORs, IELTS, and other mandatory documents. So, collect and assemble the required documents.
- Our team will then begin your application for scholarships, housing, and student loans as soon as you are done with your application process and all the required paperwork.
- Now, watch out for your offer letter, which will arrive within 4-6 weeks.
Studying in Canada can be immensely rewarding for overseas students. However, financial constraints can cause difficulties for the students who dream of pursuing their education in this country. Fortunately, several scholarships allow students to pursue mechatronics engineering in Canada, which are as follows:
|Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development||The Rotary Foundation||CA$547,896|
|Brian and Diana Doody Graduate Scholarship in Engineering||University of Guelph||CA$10,000|
|Alan Lyons Family Soils at Guelph Graduate Scholarship||University of Guelph||CA$20,000|
🔮Scope of Mechatronics Engineering in Canada
In Canada, there are numerous opportunities for mechatronics engineering graduates. After finishing your mechatronics engineering in Canada, you can apply for the following job posts:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Electronics Design Engineer||CA$79,901|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||CA$76,039|
Mr. Astronaut👨🚀🚀- “ Kiddos, I have answered all your queries with the utmost precision that I was capable of. Now, I will be taking my leave, but if you think that I might have missed something do check out the FAQ section or drop a comment. I always respond!”
Ans. Yes, there is a huge demand for mechatronics engineers in Canada. The graduates of mechatronics engineering can expect to earn a salary, ranging from CA$71,490 to CA$97,469.
Ans. Yes, fundamental knowledge of programming is required for any engineering discipline. This is particularly true for mechatronics engineers as they have to deal with automation and software engineering.
Ans. Mechatronics deals with control systems, robotics, and electromechanical systems.
So, this was all about mechatronics engineering in Canada. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.