There is a huge growth in studying abroad for the past few decades as more aspiring students are choosing to study abroad to get quality education and gain new experiences. Apart from engineering and medical courses, one more study program which is more common these days is psychology. In this blog, we are going to discuss everything related to Masters in Psychology in Germany. Continue reading to unveil everything in detail related to studying in Germany.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Masters in Psychology in Germany?
There are several benefits of studying in Germany and pursuing such a demanding course as psychology. Now let us take a look at some of the key benefits of Masters in psychology in Germany:
- Germany is a country with a high literacy rate and education is also free depending on the courses and universities. For some Universities, you will only need to pay an administrative fee of 200-500 EUR.
- Masters in Psychology is an interesting course and it can help you in your personal growth like understanding human behavior and mental processes.
- Having a background in psychology also helps in getting high-paying jobs in different fields like counselling, psychiatry, criminology and so on.
- Even though education can be free in some scenarios of Germany, the tuition fee of most of the Universities is low and even the cost of living in Germany is low when compared to other countries.
Top Masters in Psychology Courses in Germany
If you are determined to pursue a Master’s in psychology in Germany, here are some of the best Master in Psychology courses to choose from:
- MSc Psychology
- M.Sc Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- MA Counselling Psychology
- MSc Cognitive Science
- MSc Developmental Psychology
- MSc Neuro-Cognitive Psychology
- MSc Social Psychology
Top Universities for Masters in Psychology in Germany
Germany is a magnet for international students in recent times due to their high-quality education system and top Universities ranked in QS World Ranking. We have listed some of the top Universities in Germany for psychology courses, have a look at them below:
|University||QS World Ranking||Average Fees|
|Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich||#64||Mostly Free, Basic fee of EUR 250 per semester|
|University of Mannheim||#338||EUR 1500 per semester|
|Heidelberg University||#83||EUR 33 per semester|
|Humboldt University of Berlin||#131||Free|
|University of Oldenburg||–||EUR 930 per year|
|Technical University of Munich||#49||EUR 13,200|
|University of Cologne||#335||No tuition fee is required only semester fees need to be paid|
Also Read- 100 Interesting Facts About Germany
The eligibility criteria can widely vary depending on the course and University. But here are some of the essential eligibility criteria which are mostly the same for most of the leading universities:
- You need to have a valid 10+2 passing certificate from a recognised board
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field from a recognised university with a GPA of 3.0 is required
- You will need to prove your proficiency in English by appearing for English proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL
- You should have at least 55% of the aggregate score.
- For some courses, you will need to appear for entrance exams like SAT, ACT, GRE or GMAT.
Even if you meet the basic eligibility criteria you will need to submit some documents which is extremely crucial. Here are some of the required documents that will come in handy during the application process:
- Academic Transcripts
- A valid Passport
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Financial Documents for proof of financial stability
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- English Proficiency Test Scores
The application process is extremely easy and straightforward and for most universities, the procedure is mostly the same. Here is a guide that you can follow in case you have any doubts related to the Masters in Psychology in Germany:
- Research and find out the best suitable university which is providing Masters in Psychology courses in Germany according to your budget and wish.
- Visit the official page of the university that you have selected and click on the new admission section.
- To be on the safer side have a quick overview of the eligibility and requirements and then click on “Apply Online”
- Fill out the application form with all the relevant information and upload all the necessary documents along with it.
- Now you need to wait for the response from the University
As we mentioned earlier, Masters in Psychology in Germany has several benefits and will open many doors to job opportunities. You will have the flexibility to pick any related profession and make a flourishing career. Here are some job profiles with an average salary that is related to psychology:
|Job Profiles||Average Salary per annum|
|Forensic Psychologist||EUR 38,800 (INR 35 Lakh)|
|Psychiatrist||EUR 31,900 (INR 29 Lakh)|
|Clinical Psychologist||EUR 29,700 (INR 27 Lakh)|
|Counsellor||EUR 33,000 (INR 30 Lakh)|
Absolutely yes, studying psychology can be extremely beneficial for your career and the tuition fee in Germany is comparatively less when compared to other countries which is like a cherry on the top.
Around 20 German universities are among the world’s best psychology schools.
Degrees from Indian and German universities are accepted in India. German master’s degrees are in high demand due to the creative methods employed in delivering their comprehensive curriculum.
This was all about masters in psychology in Germany. If you are planning to study in Germany don’t forget to reach us at 1800 57 2000 and contact our Leverage Edu experts to make your study abroad process hassle-free.