The demand for biologists is increasing in Germany and across the world with the advancement of science and technology. So, pursuing a master’s degree in biology can be immensely rewarding as far as your career is concerned. Biology courses teach students about the principles of sustaining life. You get to learn the analysis of elements of life and its functioning, evolution, and interaction. If you wish to pursue this degree, then Germany can be the perfect country to do so. In this blog, we will discuss the pursuit of masters in biology in Germany. You can expect to assume a plethora of job roles with this degree, such as microbiologists, biotechnologists, pharmacologists, and more.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study a Master in Biology in Germany
Students frequently choose Germany as their study-abroad destination due to its excellent education facilities, thriving economy, and major advancements in engineering.
Here are some of the main reasons why you should study masters in biology in Germany:
The public universities in Germany charge zero tuition fees. While private institutes typically do charge tuition fees, it is very affordable when compared to other developed countries.
The universities in Germany are known for their high-quality education. Some of the best universities offering masters in biology in Germany are as follows:
- University of Regensburg
- Furtwangen University
- Technical University of Kaiserslautern
- Heidelberg University
- University of Kiel
Germany is a diverse nation when it comes to culture. It is home to numerous ethnic groups, such as including Turkish, Russians, Poles, Italians, Romanians and others. So, you will be exposed to different cultures while studying in Germany, which will expand your horizons.
Also Read: MBA Universities in Germany
Top Universities and Tuition Fees
Germany boasts various top-notch universities offering world-class education at low to zero tuition fees. The education offered in Germany is not just of high quality but pocket-friendly as well. The table below shows some of the best universities that offer master’s in biology in Germany.
|QS World University Rankings 2024
|Annual Tuition Fee
|University of Regensburg
|Master of Biology
|Master of Biomedical Engineering
|Technical University of Kaiserslautern
|MSc in Biology – Neurobiology
|MEd in Biology – Component in the Master of Education
|University of Kiel
|MSc in Molecular Biology and Evolution
Eligibility for Masters in Biology in Germany
You should be aware of the admission requirements before you go on to apply for a master’s degree in biology in Germany. Here are the eligibility criteria you need to meet to study masters in biology in Germany:
- The students must score a minimum score of 6.5 on IELTS and 79 on TOEFL.
- It would help if you also held a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 65-75% marks.
- Moreover, you need to submit the following documents during your admission process:
- A copy of the birth certificate of the applicant
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs as per Visa mandate
- Previous Schengen Visa (if applicable)
- Visa application form duly filled and signed
- 725 EUR per month financial proof for covering living costs in Germany upon arrival
- Previous German resident permit (if applicable)
- Letter of Motivation
- Proof of previous German residence (if applicable)
- Internship and job documents (if applicable)
- A copy of academic certificates from all educational institutions
Also Read: Student Life in Germany
Application Process for Masters in Biology in Germany
The application process for admission to the masters in biology in Germany can become daunting for students. Fortunately, Leverage Edu can smoothen up the whole application process for you.
We can help you with your application process in the ways mentioned below:
- Our AI Course Finder can assist you in choosing the course you wish to pursue.
- Our experts will then commence the application for the university you chose on your behalf.
- Submitting documents such as LORs, SOPs, IELTS, Essays, TOEFL, and other materials is crucial to your application. Hence, make sure that you collect and prepare the mandatory documentation.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start your application for housing, student loans, and scholarships after you finish your application and other needed paperwork.
- Finally, wait for your offer letter, which typically arrives within 4-6 weeks.
Also Read: PhD in Germany
Don’t let financial limitations stop you from achieving your dream of studying abroad. Numerous scholarships are available for international students who wish to pursue masters in biology in Germany, some of which are:
|Friedrich Schiller University Jena
|Merit scholarships for international students enrolled at Universität Hamburg
|University of Hamburg
|Germany scholarship – Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology
|Ruhr University Bochum
Also Read: Oldest Universities in Germany
Scope of Masters in Biology in Germany
The demand for biologists is huge in Germany and across the world, leading to a wide array of job opportunities. Here are the high-paying job roles you can take with a degree in masters in biology in Germany:
|Average Annual Salary
Ans: Yes, you can expect to earn between €40,695 to €65,994 with a masters degree in biology in Germany.
Ans: A master’s degree in biology usually takes about 1½ – 2 years to complete in Germany.
Ans: Yes, you can apply for an MSc in Biotechnology after finishing graduation in Zoology. Students who have completed graduation in any biological field are eligible to apply for the program.
So, this was all about masters in biology in Germany. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.