Lund University draws bright students from all over the world since it comes top 100 universities and is in the top 0.4% of universities worldwide. This scholarship programme aims to recognise exceptional students by providing prizes for academic performance. Scholarship recipients are determined to be a good fit for our programmes based on their track record of routinely receiving high grades in their prior coursework. The Lund University Global Scholarship is competitive, merit-based, and selected.
Grants from scholarships might pay all or part of the tuition. The amount of scholarship granted depends on the program’s or faculty’s budget. It doesn’t speak to the students’ calibre of academic achievement. Please be aware that scholarships only pay tuition and do not cover living expenses. According to the conditions set forth by the Swedish Migration Agency, scholarship recipients must still be able to cover their living expenses.
|Name of the Scholarship
|Lund University Global Scholarship
|Scholarship offered for programmes
|Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Programmes
|Citizens outside the EU/EEA (Switzerland)
|Partial and Full Amount Tuition Fees
This Blog Includes:
- What is the Lund University Global Scholarship?
- Lund University Global Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for Lund University Global Scholarship?
- Who Shouldn’t Apply for the Lund University Global Scholarship
- Courses for Which the Scholarships are Provided
- Lund University Global Scholarship: Selection Process
- Factual Information
What is the Lund University Global Scholarship?
A selective, merit-based scholarship is offered by Lund University Global Scholarship. Applications are invited from citizens who are from outside European Union/ European Economic (and Switzerland) Area and wish to apply for the Scholarship.
Must Read: Lund University Acceptance Rate
Lund University Global Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
You must fulfil all of the requirements below in order to be qualified to apply for a scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of a nation outside the EU/EEA (as well as Switzerland).
- You will be required to pay tuition fees.
- You will have to submit a comprehensive application to Lund University’s standard application round for bachelor’s or master’s level coursework leading to a degree.
How to Apply for Lund University Global Scholarship?
In order to apply for Lund University Global Criteria, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Your individual “scholarship motivation letter” (limited to 600 words) must be uploaded as part of the online scholarship application process. The motivation letter for a scholarship is distinct from any statement of purpose that you might be asked to include with your programme-specific application materials.
- Your personal motivation letter should outline your qualifications for the Scholarship in light of your academic record and extracurricular pursuits. Please be aware that the amount of scholarships available for current students is extremely small.
- Your scholarship acceptance letter should detail why you are an ideal candidate for a Lund University Global Scholarship based on your academic achievements and the reasons you chose to apply to Lund University.
- For the Lund University programmes you have chosen, you may only apply once for the Scholarship during a given application season. You may, however, also submit applications for other scholarships, such as the ones offered by the Swedish Institute.
Who Shouldn’t Apply for the Lund University Global Scholarship
There are certain eligibility criteria to be met to apply for this scholarship. Students can avoid filling in the application form in the following cases:
- If a candidate doesn’t meet the criteria required by Lund University.
- If the student has not chosen a course from this university as their first choice at universityadmissions.se
- If the student doesn’t have enough funding to cover their tuition fees, living expenses and other expenses.
Relevant Read: Top 10 Scholarships for Sweden to Explore in 2022!
Courses for Which the Scholarships are Provided
Below mentioned are the courses for which Lund University offers Global Scholarships:
- Scholarships for the master’s programme in Industrial Design
- Scholarships for the master’s programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Scholarships for masters programmes in Management
- Swedish Institute Scholarships
- Country Specific Scholarships
Lund University Global Scholarship: Selection Process
The procedure for choosing programmes and courses is done concurrently with the procedure for choosing scholarships. Priority will be given to applicants who have demonstrated great dedication and desire to study at Lund University, have high academic standing, and are deemed to be a good match for the programme.
The selection process for the scholarship does not take the student’s financial needs into account because it is merit-based alone.
Relevant Read: Study in Sweden for Indian Students 2022
- Scholarships worth more than SEK 18 million; INR 14,08,89,744 (€1.7 million; INR 15,18,54,341 or $ 1.8 million; INR 16,07,86,949) were given out by Lund University in 2022.
- In 2022, Lund University granted more than 100 Scholarships.
- 20% or more of the Swedish Institute national Students at Lund University received scholarships in 2022.
- Scholarship recipients come from more than 40 different nations, including the USA, China, Ukraine, Turkey, Iran, Mexico, Australia, Colombia, India, and Canada, to name a few.
- Lund University has contracts with many nation-specific funding and scholarship programmes.
You must first have submitted an application to the program(s) or free-standing course(s) you desire to enrol in at Lund University in order to be eligible to apply for and be considered for the scholarship
The Lund University Global Scholarship is a scholarship available to current international students at the university who have excelled in their academic studies. The scholarship is meant to assist in defraying the cost of continuing your education at Lund University.
Awarded for academic distinction, the Lund University Global Scholarship seeks the best students from all nations outside of the EU/EEA. After the admissions application period has ended, students who have submitted a comprehensive application for a degree programme are asked to apply for this tuition scholarship.
Looking forward to applying for Lund University Global Scholarship? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts for assistance in your study abroad applications and get started.