The University of Sydney Admission 2023: The University of Sydney (USYD) is one handful of universities in the world that offers quality education for specialisation courses. This is the reason why it receives thousands of applications each year. The USYD is a well-known public research university in Australia that has seven campuses and 8 faculties in the country.
Here, students get the opportunity to do research in their interested field and topics. In other words, students become industry ready at the time of graduating from the University of Sydney. Students who are glued to the internet to know the latest update of admission. In this blog, we will cover the details of the University of Sydney Admission 2023 including fees, eligibility, process, and more.
This Blog Includes:
- University of Sydney Admission Requirements for International Students
- Offered Courses At USYD
- USYD Admission Eligibility
- Required Documents For University of Sydney Admission 2023
- University of Sydney Admission Deadlines
- USYD Admission 2023 Process
University of Sydney Admission Requirements for International Students
A large number of Indian students want to get enrolled in the courses offered by the USYD but only a few of them get shortlisted. Apart from the low USYD Acceptance Rate, no correct information is the major reason behind the rejection of their application. Below, we have provided every single detail related to the University of Sydney admissions requirements for international students.
Before, proceeding with the admission and application process, it is necessary to check the courses available at the USYD. Choose the faculty according to your interest.
Offered Courses At USYD
Students can get enrolled in 100+ UG and PG courses available at the university of Sydney. Just shortlist the courses of your interest and make sure you fulfil the admission requirements of that course. Below, we have mentioned areas of study available at the university.
- Arts and Social
- Architecture and Design
- Education and Social Work
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Medicine and Health
USYD Admission Eligibility
Once, you have shortlisted your course according to your preferences and interest, now it’s time to complete the requirement for admission. Interested students want to know the points of USYD admission eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Apart from the educational qualification, you need to get an ideal score in English proficiency tests. These tests are mandatory for offering admission to a candidate who belongs to a non-English-speaking country. Apart from this, English proficiency tests are mandatory for study abroad and work there. Below, we have mentioned a few points about eligibility, have a look.
Undergraduate Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have a valid certificate or diploma degree from a recognized educational institution.
- Degree or certificate should be approved by CBSE, ICSE or any state education board.
- Candidates hold good grades in IELTS (7.0 Band or above), PTE (68 or above), or TOEFL iBT (96 or above).
Postgraduate Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have completed at least a 3 or 4 years bachelor’s degree programme from a recognizable university.
- They have to score the required marks in any English proficiency test.
- For a few courses, you need to score well in GRE or GMAT.
Required Documents For University of Sydney Admission 2023
To complete the process of USYD admission 2023, students need to upload or submit certain academic documents to the university. These documents will be used to verify the information provided by the students at the time of submitting an application. Below, we have given the list of required documents to get admission to the University of Sydney in the year 2023.
- Marksheets and certificates of 10th/12th board exam
- Scholarship documents (If applicable)
- A scorecard of the English Proficiency Test
- A copy of the student’s passport
- Letter of Recommendation (LORs)
Apart from these documents, students need to submit their updated resumes and financial documents for getting admission to postgraduate courses.
Also Read: Study in Australia
University of Sydney Admission Deadlines
The University of Sydney accepts admission applications in two intakes that are February intake and August intake. Students who are interested to apply in this university have to apply within the set deadline. However, the administration holds the right to change the University of Sydney admission deadlines depending on the courses and seat availability.
USYD Admission 2023 Process
It is mandatory that students follow the right process for getting admission to the University of Sydney. Several applications get rejected because of incomplete information and not following the required process. To help the aspiring students, we have mentioned step by step process for USYD Admission 2023.
- Visit the official website of UAC.
- Complete the initial registration by answering questions asked there.
- Mention your personal details like name, passport number and more.
- Upload the documents asked there.
- Do a final review before submitting the details
- Pay the application fee of AUD 150 (INR 8,600). This fee is non-refundable.
- The university will connect with you once you get shortlisted.
As per the official record, the university accepts 30 applications in every 100 applications. It means the University of Sydney’s acceptance rate is 30%. To get accepted by the university, candidates need to submit their application profile in the best way.
For getting admission in undergraduate courses, candidates must have academic documents of 10th and 12th board exams, good marks in English proficiency exams, passport and etc.
according to the official announcement, AUD 150 (INR 8,600) is the application fee need to pay for applying in the university of Sydney. The fee can be paid through an online payment method. Keep in mind that this fee is non-refundable.
We hope that you have got all the major information about the University of Sydney admission 2023. We will keep you updated about more study abroad updates on Leverage Edu. Stay connected and get 30-minute free counselling on 1800 572 000 and explore all academic options