Most of the international students need a German student visa to be admitted into German Universities. It is suggested that the candidates should apply for a German student visa at least 3 months before their planned studies. If you are anybody who is planning to study in Germany and want to know about the requirements to apply for the visa then this is the right place. The following article will guide you through the different requirements of a German student visa such as documents, education, fees, etc.
This Blog Includes:
What is a German Student Visa?
A German student visa is required when a candidate has enrolled in a study program in Germany and has also received a letter of admission from that university. Candidates can apply for a German student visa if they have been admitted into higher education institutions such as the top universities, universities of applied sciences, arts, films, etc.
German Student Visa Requirements – Documents
Check the requirements of a German student visa given below:
- Completely filled and signed visa application form
- A valid passport
- Two photocopies of the passport
- Certificate of birth
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Child’s birth certificate (if applicable)
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Photocopies of past German residence (if applicable)
- Candidates must have €11,208 as deposit in their German bank account
- Evidence and Letter of Commitment of parent’s income records and other financial assets
- Letter of commitment from a German resident
- Scholarship awarding certificate
- A bank guarantee issued by a recognized German bank
- Confirmation of admission to the university
- Student health insurance
- University entrance qualification
- Certificate of English Language proficiency
German Student Visa Requirements – Educational
Check below the educational requirements of a German student visa:
|Higher Study Options
|Minimum Educational Requirement
|Minimum Required Percentage
|Other Standardized Tests
|12 Years of Education (10+2) + 1 Year of Bachelor’s degree
|German language proficiency B1-B2 level in each band
|Up to 10 backlogs (some private hospital universities may accept more)
|The minimum SAT score required is 1350/1600
|3/4 Years of Graduate Degree. If it is a 3-years degree, students must have done 1 year of PG diploma
|Overall, 6.5 with no band less than 6German language proficiency A1-A2 level
|GRE 310/340 and GMAT 520/700 and work experience of 1-3 years may be required for Engineering and MBA programs, respectively
Germany Student Visa Requirements – Fees
Check below the required fees to study in Germany:
|Higher Study Options
|Average Tuition Fee annually
|Living Expenses for 1 Year/Proof of funds for 1 year
|Is opening a bank account in the country required to show proof of funds?
|Public universities: 150 to 1500 Euro/Semester (6 months) – Private universities: 11,000 to 15,000 Euros per annum (approximately)
|The student needs to open a blocked account of 11,208 Euros to show proof of living expenses
Check Everything About All About Germany Study Visa
Top Universities to Study in Germany
Check below the top universities for the students in Germany:
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Universität Heidelberg
- Freie-Universität Berlin
- RWTH Aachen University
- KIT, Karlsruher-Institut für Technologie
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin)
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
- Universität Hamburg
Yes, the candidates are required to show the scores of their English Language Proficiency tests to get a student visa to Germany. The minimum band score required for the IELTS exam is 5.5 – 6.0.
Yes, the candidates can stay after the completion of their studies while searching for jobs by extending their residence permits for another 18 months.
Candidates require a deposit of €11,208 in their bank account to apply for a German student visa.
We hope you now understand the German student visa requirements such as documents, eligibility, fees, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!