Have you ever wondered about self-driving cars and how they work? They are a complex possibility due to Deep Learning. It is a part of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Deep Learning is a subfield of machine learning which includes algorithms inspired by the structure and operation of the human brain, and that can learn from data without being explicitly programmed. It is an influential tool that can be utilised for a variety of tasks, like natural language processing, speech recognition, and image recognition. Deep Learning is a rapidly developing domain with the prospect of revolutionizing many industries around the globe. In this blog, you will get to know the different Deep Learning Courses that you can pursue.
|Field Name||Deep Learning|
|Level||Undergraduate, Post Graduate|
|Eligibility||Completion of 10+2 with a minimum of 50% of marks is mandatory.|
|Job Opportunities||Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, AI Educator, AI Consultant, AI Engineer, Technical Product Manager|
This Blog Includes:
What is Deep Learning?
Imagine you are a child learning to identify diverse types of animals. First, you may only be able to differentiate between dogs and cats. But, as you look at various other types of animals, you will begin to see slight distinctions between them, like the length of their tails, the texture of their fur, and the shape of their ears. Ultimately, you will be able to identify a vast variety of animals, even though you have never seen them earlier.
Deep Learning functions in an identical way. It utilises artificial neural networks, which are networks of interconnected nodes that are inspired by the workings of the human brain. These nodes are capable enough to learn patterns from data, and the more data they are exposed to, the better they evolve at identifying those patterns.
For example, a deep learning algorithm will be trained on a gigantic dataset of pictures of dogs and cats. The algorithm will then be competent enough to pinpoint dogs and cats in new pictures, even if the animals are in diverse postures, lighting conditions, or backgrounds.
Why Should You Apply for a Deep Learning Course in 2023?
In 2023, as the world is evolving and adapting to the various Artificial technologies, it is beneficial to learn about Deep Learning for the following reasons:
- There is a demand for skilled deep learning professionals at an exponential rate, which is driven by the expanding applications and the need for specialised expertise. Studying deep learning now will help you for a high-demand career with multiple opportunities with a hefty compensation.
- It is a rapidly growing field with advancements that are continuous in techniques, algorithms and applications. In 2023, you will learn about the latest innovations and be ahead of the curve.
- The impact and adoption of Deep Learning in the industries of education, finance, healthcare, robotics, and more as they solve real-world problems and have a significant impact on the industries.
- Deep Learning is an intellectually stimulating and challenging field which requires you to have a deep understanding of computer science, mathematics and statistics. It will increase your critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- The thriving Deep Learning community has numerous online tutorials, resources, and open-source tools available readily.
Popular Deep Learning Courses
The Deep Learning Courses can be pursued through an undergraduate(Bachelor’s), and a postgraduate(Master’s). Let us go through the various courses that you can pursue.
- Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Data Engineering
- Master of Science in Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Applications
- Master of Science in Advanced Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Science in Applied Computing
- Master of Science in Computer Science in Machine Learning
- Master of Science in Computer Science in Natural Language Processing
- Master of Science in Computer Science (Interactive Intelligence)
- Master of Computer Science in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Master of Computational Science and Engineering in Machine Learning
- Master of Data Science in Machine Learning
- Master of Science in Data Engineering and Analytics
- Master of Engineering in Computer Science
Top Colleges for Deep Learning Courses Abroad
These top institutes in the world offer Deep Learning undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
|Institute||QS World University Ranking||Courses Offered|
|University of Strathclyde,Glasgow, UK||276||Master of Science in Machine Learning and Deep LearningMaster of Science in Artificial Intelligence and ApplicationsMaster of Science in Advanced Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence|
|Carnegie Mellon University,USA||52||Bachelor of Science in Artificial IntelligenceMaster of Science in Machine Learning|
|University of Toronto,Canada||34||Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Science Master of Science in Applied Computing|
|Cornell University,USA||20||Master of Engineering in Computer Science|
|Technical University of Munich,Germany||49||Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Data EngineeringMaster of Science in Data Engineering and Analytics|
|Columbia University,USA||22||Master of Science in Computer Science in Machine LearningMaster of Science in Computer Science in Natural Language Processing|
|Georgia Institute of Technology,USA||88||Master of Science in Computer Science (Interactive Intelligence)|
|John Hopkins University,USA||24||Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence|
|Rice University, USA||100||Master of Data Science in Machine LearningMaster of Computational Science and Engineering in Machine LearningMaster of Computer Science in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics|
Also Read: Types of Artificial Intelligence
As there are a variety of courses available, the application process would vary depending on factors like university, country and the course you will apply to. However, your academic transcripts, letter/s of recommendation, a portfolio showcasing your projects and experience, and an English language proficiency test like TOEFL, IELTS, etc. will be a must.
Deep Learning consists of more practical experiences and each course has numerous criterias. Here is a general overview of the requirements you would need to fulfil.
- Completion of your High school education with very good grades or an equivalent qualification with a very strong foundation in mathematics, computer science or a related field.
- A proof of your English Language proficiency through examinations like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Pertaining to the university, you would need to appear for specific Entrance Examinations or Aptitude Tests.
- Prior Programming Experience
- Academic Transcripts and Certifications.
- A Portfolio that includes all your experiences and projects related to your programming capabilities and your strengths.
- A Letter/s of Recommendation(LOR).
- A refined Statement of Purpose(SOP).
- A completed Application Form.
Deep Learning Syllabus
As the syllabus would vary from university to university and the course that you opt for. Here is a brief syllabus for an MSc in Machine Learning and Deep Learning at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
- Autonomous Sensing, Reasoning and Deep Learning
- Digital Signal Processing Principles
- Big Data Technologies
- Machine Learning for Data Analytics
- Assignment and Professional Studies
- Image and Video Processing
- Information Access and Mining
- MSc Project
There are multiple opportunities that will unfold after your completion of a Deep Learning course. Here is a list of some of them:
|Data Scientist||Machine Learning Engineer|
|Research Scientist||Software Engineer|
|AI Engineer||Technical Product Manager|
|AI Consultant||Deep Learning Solutions Architect|
|AI Educator||Applied AI Scientist|
Must Read: What is ChatGPT?
Here are some of the top recruiters after your Deep Learning degree.
- National Security
- Research and Academia
Yes, ChatGPT does use Deep Learning and it uses a transformer-based deep learning program. The algorithm uses a vast pre-trained language model that is programmed to learn from large amounts of data in the form of text and generate human-like text.
You need to have foundational knowledge about libraries and algorithms. Moreover, programming languages like Python should be known along with a good understanding of statistics.
Yes, Deep Learning is a high-paying job due to the hard work that needs to be done. A mid-level engineer’s average salary is between $110,000 to $140,000 per year.
Lastly, I hope that you have found the necessary information that you have been looking for related to Deep Learning Courses. If this blog is helpful and you want to begin your journey, you can contact us at Leverage Edu and our mentors would be happy to guide you through the process and also help you understand the field of your choosing.