The United Kingdom boasts some of the world’s foremost healthcare institutions, characterized by their excellence in patient care, innovative practices, and outstanding opportunities for professional growth. Within this dynamic healthcare environment, nurses can expect to receive fair and competitive compensation that is commensurate with their band, qualifications, and level of training. NHS Digital data also reveals that registered nurse vacancies across the NHS in England are up 10% in a year. So pursuing nursing in the UK can be a great choice.
Let’s dive into the journey to know every aspect of getting a nursing course in the UK. Here is a readymade blog for you on the same.
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: All About Medicine
Why Study Nursing in the UK?
- The UK excels in medical sciences with 22,045 international students studying related subjects.
- The number of nurses in the UK grew from 534,000 in 2018 to 661,000 in 2019, leading to increased nursing student enrollment.
- Graduates of the University of Manchester’s BSc Nursing program can register with the Nursing & Midwifery Council, offering training in various areas.
- UK universities allow students to work 20 hours weekly during studies and full-time during public holidays, aiding experience and covering expenses.
- Opportunities exist for clinical, medical, and interdisciplinary training, facilitating internships and post-course employment.
Top Universities in the UK for Nursing
The list of best universities in UK offering Nursing is given below:
|S.NO.||Name||Course Name||Tuition Fees/ year (In Euro)||QS Ranking 2023|
|1||University of Edinburgh||Bachelor Of Nursing||28,950||15|
|2||University of Manchester||BSc Nursing||29,000||28|
|3||King’s College London||BSc Nursing||31,900||37|
|4||University of Southampton||Adult Nursing Master’s Degree||27,000||78|
|5||University of Nottingham||Bachelor in adult nursing||26,950||114|
|6||Cardiff University, Cardiff||BSc in Nursing||25,500||154|
|7||University of Surrey||BSc in Nursing||19,000||244|
|8||Northumbria University, Newcastle||BSc In Nursing||30,000||548|
If you are looking to study at the best universities in UK for nursing then you will have to go through an application process and complete some eligibility requirements. Read on to find out more!
Students need to meet the following eligibility requirements set by each university for pursuing Nursing in UK. We have provided the following basic requirements:
- 10th & 12th mark sheets are equivalent to the US education system.
- Good scores in English and Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and other science subjects.
- An updated Resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Passport-sized photos, passport & valid ID proof
- Statement of purpose
- English proficiency test scores (IELTS or TOEFL or PTE)
- Research and select the right university and course based on your interests. Seek guidance from overseas education consultants if needed.
- Gather essential documents: passport copy, CV, academic transcripts, and exam scores like IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/GRE.
- Prepare your Statement of Purpose (SOP) to highlight your academic qualifications, achievements, course objectives, and career aspirations.
- Use the Universities and Colleges Admission Services (UCAS) website for undergraduate applications. One UCAS application allows you to apply to up to 5 universities for 5 different courses simultaneously.
- For postgraduate courses, apply directly to universities either online or offline.
- Obtain a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter from your chosen university, which is required for the TIER-4 Student Visa application.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio(if asked or required)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT/GRE scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Cost of Studying in UK 2023
Below lies the details regarding the cost of studying in the UK :
|Level Of Study||Average Tuition Fees (GBP) (Per Year)|
|UG||8000-9000(INR 8-9 Lakh) – up to 30000 (30,00,000 Lakh)|
|PG||12000-15000 (INR 12-15 Lakh) – up to 35000 (35,00,000 Lakh)|
Must Read: MBBS In the UK
Cost of Living in the UK 2023
Here lies the approximate list of expenses that one has to incur in their academic journey to the UK:
|Kind Of Expense||Cost in GBP and INR|
|Fees for Visa Application||348 GBP|
|Housing||500 GBP monthly|
|Transportation||150-200 GBP monthly|
|Food||150-200 GBP monthly|
|Clothing and Leisure||50 GBP monthly|
|Telephone and Mobile||50 GBP monthly|
A nursing career in the UK is versatile, with opportunities ranging from NHS positions to specialized fields like midwifery and mental health. Nurses can advance into management, education, research, or explore emerging roles in telehealth and informatics. With job stability and global demand for UK-trained nurses, it’s a promising profession that accommodates various interests and aspirations. Below lies the list of job titles with their average salary.
|Job Title||Average Salary (GBP)|
|Registered Nurse (RN)||25,853|
|Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room||29,725|
|Registered Nurse (RN), Critical Care||29,786|
|Clinical Research Nurse||31,349|
|Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (ICU)||32,839|
|Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN)||33,958|
|Charge Nurse (RN)||36,982|
Below is the list of some organizations which are among the top most recruiters who offer placement opportunities to graduates pursuing nursing in the UK
- Ambition 24 Hours
- The Flame Lily
- Nursing Personnel
- Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment
- Cromwell Medical Staffing
- Daytime Healthcare
- Telzom-Professional Healthcare and Nursing Recruitment Agency
A. The average tuition fee for a BSc Hons of Nursing is approximately 15,000 to 30,000 pounds each year. The tuition fee for an MSc nursing course is between 15,000 and 40,000 pounds per semester.
A. The most affordable colleges in the UK offering nursing courses are: Glasgow Caledonian University, Middlesex University London, Ulster University.
A. Fully qualified nurses begin on a base salary of £28.407, increasing to £34.581 on the NHS’s Band 5 pay scale.
Hope you understood which are the best universities in UK for Nursing. The above list will definitely help you in making a wise choice. However, if you are still unsure about the specialization and university to choose from, reach out to us at Leverage Edu where the experts will assist you in your study abroad dream at every step. Do attend a brainstorming session by booking 30 minutes of free career counselling with our study-abroad experienced professionals!