Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Administration (BA Tourism Administration) is best suited for people with interests in travel and tourism. This is a 3-year course which focuses on business, organisational, administrative, marketing, and management aspects of tourism.
|Course||Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Administration or BATA|
|Course Tenure||3 years|
|Eligibility||Senior Secondary (10+2)|
This Blog Includes:
What is BA Tourism Administration?
BATA, an undergraduate course in the travel and tourism sector, has become one of the most sought-after courses in the contemporary world, primarily on account of the institutionalisation of the tourism industry. With increasing tourist activities and evolving hospitality and travel sector, administration and management of the tourism environment have become very important. This course provides practical experiences and theoretical knowledge about various concepts of travel and tourism. Enrolment in this course helps students get deployed in the hospitality, aviation, and travel sectors.
Reasons to Study BA Tourism Administration
This undergraduate course enables students to understand the accounting, business, and financial aspects of the tourism sector. In addition, this programme also imparts managerial skills and administrative skills to students. Some of the key reasons to pursue this course are as follows:
- Gain knowledge about transport systems, travel agency administration and management, tourism organisation, and aviation and cargo management.
- Learn about planning and organising travel plans.
- Study staffing and employee management.
- Become familiar with marketing strategies, project management, business management, and sustainable travelling. Hone practical skills required in these domains.
- Understand the economic conditions and cultures of several destinations.
- Ingrain work ethics.
- Understand the working culture of hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, airlines, and cruise liners.
BA Tourism Administration Universities Abroad
Here is the list of foreign universities offering BATA courses and the world rankings of the corresponding universities.
|Universities||QS World University Rankings|
|New York University (NYU), US||39|
|Boston University, US||108|
|The University of Queensland, Australia||50|
|King’s College London, UK||37|
|Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands||208|
|The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong||38|
|University of Groningen, Netherlands||145|
|Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands||124|
|EHL – Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland||–|
|Amity University, Dubai||1001-1200|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Fly Finance help you.
BA Tourism Administration Universities/Colleges in India
The table consists of the names of the top BA Tourism Administration Colleges in India.
|Kerala Institute of Tourism & Travel Studies||National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Hospitality and Management, Thane||Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management of Goa, Noida, Nellore, Gwalior, and Bhubaneswar|
|Amity Institute of Travel and Tourism, Amity University, Noida||Indian Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, Ghaziabad|
|Amity University, Kolkata||Centre for Tourism Studies, Pondicherry University|
|Government P.G. College Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh||Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Hotel and Tourism Management Studies|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||Academy of Business Management, Tourism, & Research|
|Goa University, Goa||School of Hotel Management and Tourism|
|KR Mangalam University||Blue Whale Academy|
Also Read: BBA Tourism and Management
Areas of Study
This three-year undergraduate programme in the field of tourism teaches students about the economics and management of the hospitality and tourism sector. Key domains of study include:
- Economics of tourism
- Destination planning
- Tourism products
- Adventure tourism
- Sustainable tourism
- Medical tourism
- Heritage tourism
- Tourism-related services
- Government tourism departments
- Working with travel agencies
- Immigration and custom laws
- Hospitality sector
Must Read: Travel and Tourism Course after 12th
BA Tourism Administration Admission Process
To secure admission to this undergraduate programme in tourism at universities abroad, interested candidates are recommended to follow these guidelines:
- Students must have qualified 10+2 from an accredited education board.
- Candidates must visit the university’s official website and fill out the appropriate application form.
- Applicants must appear for the accepted English proficiency tests.
- As a part of the application process, candidates must share their English language proficiency test results with the university.
- Upload the mandatory documents- Educational qualifications, proof of nationality, proof of financial status, and other required documents.
- With the completion of the application process, students will receive a confirmation mail from the concerned university.
- After receiving the confirmation email, students will have to apply for student visas.
BA Tourism Administration Career Options
These graduates can venture into the travel and tourism sector and gain employment in managerial and administrative roles. Some of the lucrative career options for BATA graduates are mentioned in the following table. The table also mentions the average salary for different job profiles.
|Job Profiles||Average Monthly Salary in India|
|Travel/Trip Advisor||INR 18K|
|Travel Consultant||INR 23K|
|Travel Co-ordinator||INR 22K|
|Travel Counsellor||INR 17K|
|Reservation Agent||INR 22K|
|Trip Planner||INR 24K|
|Travel Agent||INR 25K|
Also Read: How to Make a Career in Sustainable Tourism?
Ans. BA in tourism studies will help individuals work as travel agents, trip planners, travel coordinators, travel counsellors, trip advisors, travel consultants, and reservation agents.
Ans. BA in Tourism Administration and BA in Tourism Management are some of the best degrees for gaining employment in the travel and tourism industry.
Ans. Key subjects of undergraduate courses in tourism are the economics of tourism, transportation, ticketing, marketing, destination planning, tourism products, adventure tourism, sustainable tourism, medical tourism, and heritage tourism.
Discover study abroad opportunities with Leverage Edu. Plan your journey with us and get a free 30-minute counselling session at 1800 572 000.