Travel and Tourism is equipped with several courses and academic qualifications that help land students in the career field of their choice, amidst the array of job opportunities available in the tourism industry. A Bachelor of Tourism and Management is one such course at an undergraduate level. This degree is a three-year program that guides students to learn about the basics of tourism and management subjects, practical knowledge, and projects to work on. Now if you are someone who finds yourself interested in this domain and are wondering about the educational path to take to reach your destination, then you must know everything about Bachelor of Tourism and Management. This blog shares that information with you. Read on!
|Full Course Name||Bachelor of Tourism and Management|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Basic Eligibility||Completion of education at 10+2 level from a recognised board|
|Basic Fees in India||Upto INR 5 lakh|
|Common Areas of Employment||Travel and Tour Companies, Academic Institutions, Airlines, Consulting and Management Companies|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Bachelor of Tourism and Management?
- Admission Requirements
- Global Universities
- Indian Universities & Fees
- Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Syllabus
- Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Skills Required
- Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Career Prospects
- Top Recruiters
Why Study Bachelor of Tourism and Management?
Bachelor of Tourism and Management provides a variety of reasons for students to decide to pursue the course. We have mentioned some of the same below.
- One of the main reasons for pursuing a bachelor of tourism and management is the fact that it acts as a gateway to the tourism industry, which is expanding at a rapid pace.
- Furthermore, the course allows students to comprehend the needs of tourists to help them work through their careers in the field.
- Students develop all the required skills needed to ace their tourism careers.
- Students are further introduced to a range of opportunities after completing their bachelor of tourism and management. This helps them travel and meet a lot of new people.
- Through this course, students are able to land in both the private and government sectors with the provision of well-off salaries.
Also Read: Travel and Tourism Course after 12th
To take admission/enrol oneself in the bachelor of tourism and management, there are certain requirements to be met. From eligibility criteria to the list of Indian Entrance Examinations, we have shared the same below.
The basic eligibility criteria are as follows.
- First and foremost, the student should have completed their studies at 10+2 level, from a recognised board.
- The student should also have scored a minimum percentage of 50.
- If students are planning to apply abroad, they are required to meet the English language proficiency requirements by taking tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- The students should also have English as a compulsory subject in their 10+2.
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing a bachelor of tourism and management.
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- It is then advised to compile all your documents like SOPs, academic essays, LORs, and exam scores like TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, GRE, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Finally, accept the offer letter and meet the remaining formalities.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
The main documents required for students who are planning to study abroad are mentioned below.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Indian Entrance Examinations
For admission to Indian Universities, the application process also requires one to prepare for and qualify for the Indian Entrance Examinations. These are listed below.
There are many global schools and universities that are highly regarded in terms of tourism management and hospitality. We have mentioned the same below.
|Name of University||QS World University Ranking 2022: Hospitality & Leisure Management|
|EHL Hospitality Business School, Switzerland||1|
|University of Nevada – Las Vegas (UNLV)||2|
|Glion Institute of Higher Education||4|
|Les Roches Global Hospitality Management Education||5|
|Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS)||3|
|Hotelschool The Hague||9|
|Hotel Institute Montreux – HIM||7|
|The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||10|
|Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland||8|
|Cesar Ritz Colleges Switzerland||6|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Fly Finance help you.
Also Read: BBA Tourism and Management
Indian Universities & Fees
Some of the top Indian universities offering bachelor of tourism and management are tabulated below, along with their average fees.
|Name of College/University||Average Annual Fees|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 80,000|
|Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya||INR 14,000|
|Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar||INR 1.3 lakh|
|Amity University, Gurgaon||INR 95,000|
|PCTE Group of Institute, Ludhiana||INR 50,367|
|CT Institute of Management & Information Technology||INR 30,633|
|GNA University, Phagwara||INR 1.5 lakh|
Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Syllabus
Having covered some of the most essential aspects of pursuing a bachelor of tourism and management, it’s time to learn about the course syllabus. Have a look below.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Business Environment for Tourism Introduction to Tourism Tourism Product of India (Natural) Tourism Product of India (Cultural)||Geography of Tourism
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Tourism in India
HRM in Tourism
Computer Applications in Tourism Communication Skills & Personality Development
Field – Trip Report & Viva
|Principles of Management
An Introduction to Travel Agency & Tour Operation Business in India
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Accounting for Tourism Impacts of Tourism Entrepreneurship in Tourism
Sustainable Tourism International Tourism On the job Training Report & Viva
|Tourism Administration in India
Economics of Tourism
Salesmanship in Tourism
*Note: English is a compulsory subject throughout the three years of study in this undergraduate program.
Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Skills Required
Some of the main skills that help the students to navigate through the industry and are equipped with the course are mentioned below.
- Decision-Making Skills
- Leadership Quality
- Professional skills
- Presentation Skills
Bachelor of Tourism and Management: Career Prospects
Coming to after the completion of the course bachelor of tourism and management, the following are the career aspects that shall welcome the students.
The areas of employment in the tourism industry are mentioned below.
- Tourism Boards
- Travel Companies
- Government Hotels
- Travel Agencies
- Travel Offices & Administration
- Government Tourist Information Centres
- Travel and Ticketing Sites
Jobs and Salary
Moving on to the particular jobs that students can work, we share the below, along with the salaries of each.
|Name of Job||Average Salary|
|Tour manager||INR 3.6 lakh|
|Commercial manager||INR 9 lakh.|
|Lobby manager||INR 2.3 lakh|
|Tour management executive||INR 8.5 lakh|
|Travel Consultant||INR 3.3 lakh|
Don’t Miss Out On Jobs in Travel and Tourism
The top recruiting companies for students who have graduated with a bachelor of tourism and management are listed below;
- Thomas Cook
- Make My Trip
- Cox and Kings
Ans. A Bachelor of Tourism and Management is one of the best degrees for tourism.
Ans. Tour guide and Travel Agent are some of the jobs that one can pursue after a Bachelor’s in tourism and management.
Ans. Yes, tourism is high in demand, especially after the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions were eased.
That was some of the most essential information on the Bachelor of Tourism and Management. If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your study abroad goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.