One of the key areas for progress in today’s society is the hospitality sector. It employs lots of people and makes up a sizable portion of the global economy. Professionals are increasingly in demand in the hospitality sector. Students pursuing a BSc Hospitality course can thus take advantage of fantastic job prospects in both the public and commercial sectors. One can find good employment after completing a BSc in Hospitality Management program in numerous hotels and eateries throughout India in fields like Food & Beverage, Accounting, Sales, Engineering/Maintenance, Front Desk, and Security. Let’s take a closer look at the course.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study BSc Hospitality?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Popular Universities for BSc Hospitality
- Documents Required
- Top Colleges in India for BSc Hospitality
- Admission Process
- BSc Hospitality: Syllabus
- Job Profiles
- Top Recruiters
Why Study BSc Hospitality?
BSc Hospitality is an undergraduate course offered full-time. Those who have completed the 10+2 exam and are interested in working in the hospitality sector—from food preparation to front office operations, etc.—can pursue this degree. The foundation course in food production, food and beverage service, front office, lodging operations, tourism, hotel engineering, nutrition, human resource management, food production operations, food safety and quality, financial management, strategic management, tourism marketing, etc. are some of the common hotel management topics that candidates are taught at the UG level.
After completing the course, candidates may find employment in the hospitality and services industry, marketing, hotel management, etc.
The following is a list of the benefits of a BSc Hospitality course
- A graduate degree in hospitality services can lead to employment chances in a wide range of specialisations, including hotel managers, catering officers, hospitality executives, and many more.
- After completing the course, candidates can choose to continue their studies by enrolling in MSc programmes including MSc in Hospitality Services, MSc in Hospital Administration, MSc in Hospitality and Tourism Management, and MSc in Hospitality.
- A PG degree also improves a candidate’s chances of landing a job, thus after earning their PG, they can choose to enrol in PhD programmes.
- Competitive Pay: An Indian hospitality executive makes about IN 6,40,000 annually. With more experience in this sector, the pay rises.
Candidates must fulfil the requirements for being eligible for BSc Hospitality:
- Applicants who are interested in applying for the course must meet the following basic requirements:
- Must have earned a passing grade in Class 12 from a reputable educational board.
- In the 12th grade, English must be one of the core subjects.
- A minimum Class 12 cumulative grade point average of 50%.
- These standards, however, may vary.
Popular Universities for BSc Hospitality
Some of the popular universities for studying BSc Hospitality are:
|University Name||QS World Ranking-2023||Country Name|
|Amity University||#1001 – #1200||Dubai|
|Vancouver Island University||#1001||Canada|
|Purdue University Indianapolis||#801 – #1000||USA|
|University of East London||#801||United Kingdom|
To study BSc Hospitality abroad, you require the documents mentioned below:
- Age Certification: scores on the state Matura test
- High school diplomas
- Scores of English proficiency Tests: IELTS or TOEFL
- SAT exam score (Some universities consider the SAT scores)
- 2 pictures and a copy of your passport or another acceptable form of identification
- Attestation letters: minimum of two
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of recommendation
Also Read: How to Write SOP for Hospitality Management Course?
Top Colleges in India for BSc Hospitality
Some of the top colleges for pursuing a BSc in Hospitality are:
- Apeejay Institute of Hospitality, Mumbai
- Amro College of Hotel Management
- La Sphere Hotel Management School
- UEI Global, New Delhi
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Sinhgad Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Pune
- CT Group of Institutions, Jalandhar
In order to apply for admission to BSc Hospitality candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
Admission Based on Merit
Below mentioned are the criteria for admission based on the merit for the course BSc Hospitality:
- The majority of institutions base their admission decisions for BSc Hospitality Studies on the 12th-grade exam’s merit score.
- The application form and application fee must be completed online in order to apply to colleges that offer merit-based admission.
- After completing the form, verify the college or university’s published cutoff lists.
Admission Based on Entrance Exam
Below mentioned are the criteria for admission based on the Entrance exam for the course BSc Hospitality:
- A selected number of colleges and states hold university- and state-level entrance exams for BSc Hospitality Studies course admission.
- A candidate only needs to apply to the college website, submit the required documents, and keep the receipt(p) for future reference. Some entrance exams include the SRIHM Exam for Sheila Raheja Hotel & Catering School and the LPUNEST by Lovely Professional University.
- Candidates who have been chosen based on their entrance exam results will be contacted for a personal interview.
BSc Hospitality: Syllabus
The disciplines included by the BSc in Hospitality Studies include those relating to food production, housekeeping, beverage services, and other terminology associated with hotel management. Check the breakdown of the syllabus semester-wise for the BSc Hospitality course:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Housekeeping I||Principles of Management|
|Food Safety and Nutrition||Food and Beverage Service II|
|Food Production and Patisserie I||Room Divisions (Practical) II|
|Information Technology||Principles of Hotel Management Science Lab|
|Communication Skills (English and French) I||Housekeeping II|
|Front Office I||Communication Skills (English and French) II|
|Food and Beverages Services I||Front Office II|
|Room Division I||Food Production and Patisserie II|
|Semester III||Industrial Exposure Training|
|Semester IV||Housekeeping III, Front Office III, Hotel Accountancy and Cost Control, Management Information System in Hospitality Industry, Food Production and Patisserie III, Food and Beverage Service III, Room Division (Practical) III, Hospitality law and Human Resource Management.|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Housekeeping IV||Organisation Behavior|
|Room Division (Practical) IV||Food Production and Patisserie V|
|Environmental Studies||Housekeeping V|
|Hospitality Marketing and Strategic Management for Hospitality Industry||Core Elective|
|Food Production and Patisserie IV||Front Office V|
|Food and Beverage Management I||Allied Elective|
|Financial Management||Entrepreneur and Enterprise Management|
|Front Office IV||Food and Beverage Service V|
Also Read: MBA in Hospitality Management
After pursuing a BSc in Hospitality, available job profiles are
The daily management of a restaurant is the responsibility of a hospitality executive, who also supervises staff to ensure that the facilities are kept in good condition.
|Average Salary||INR 0.2 Lakhs to 5.7 Lakhs|
A Field Supervisor is in charge of managing and monitoring the work of the field employees on a variety of projects that may involve either engineering, construction, or the upkeep of already-existing buildings and landscapes.
|Average Salary||INR 0.2 Lakhs to 5.4 Lakhs|
A Catering Officer’s duties include selecting, educating, managing, and inspiring both permanent and temporary employees. They are also responsible for making sure that health and safety rules are adhered to.
|Average Salary||INR 0.8 Lakhs to 12.0 Lakhs|
In addition to planning, marketing, organising, and managing hotel services like catering and coordination facilities, a hotel manager is in charge of hiring, training, and overseeing staff.
|Average Salary||INR 2.4 Lakhs to 11.7 Lakhs|
Cabin Crew Hostess
A Cabin Crew Hostess’ duties include giving the passengers on board good service and ensuring their comfort and safety during the journey.
|Average Salary||INR 5.9 Lakhs|
Candidates with a BSc in Hospitality Studies are hired by a number of prestigious recruiting firms. These are a few of the top recruiters:
- Cruise Ships
- Tourism Industry
- Retail Industry
Ans. For many hospitality occupations, such as lodging manager and food service manager, a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management satisfies the educational requirements.
Ans. A career in hospitality management is a great fit for those who like to travel, interact with a variety of people, and inject some daily excitement.
Ans. The industry responsible for creating the most jobs in California over the coming 12 months is predicted to be leisure and hospitality.
We have covered everything in detail about a BSc Hospitality. Hope this blog post was useful in providing you with the information. Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts for assistance with study abroad programmes. Call us immediately at 1800572000 for a 30-minute free counselling session.