The SSC Scholarship is offered by the Government of Gujarat to students pursuing studies in class 10th or above from certain social and economically backward backgrounds. The benefits of the scholarships include monetary assistance to the students paid in a yearly format. Director Developing Caste Welfare launches the SSC Scholarships for both boys and girls to help them in supporting the cost of education if they wish to study further in their life. The Scholarship Scheme started back in 2021 and has continued so forth to benefit students across the state of Gujarat.
|Name of the Scholarship||SSC Scholarship|
|Conducting Body||Director Developing Caste Welfare|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Applicable to||10th or Higher Class Students of Gujarat|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Benefits||INR 280 per month|
|Official Website for application||www.digitalgujarat.gov.in|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Sardar Patel Scholarship: Amount, Dates & Selection
The aim of the SSC Scholarships is to provide encouragement to students from Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC) and Nomadic Tribes and Denotified Tribes (NTDNT). Both boys and girls are motivated by removing the financial burden of studies from their families to provide them with a free and safe passage to study.
The rate of higher education in students coming from these categories is very less, to improve the number of students pursuing a quality education beyond class 10th this program was introduced. The selection body has categorised the scholarship in the form of Groups to decide the selection criteria and scholarship amount.
The important dates for the SSC Scholarship Program are mentioned in the table below. The latest dates for the applications in 2023 will be updated upon notification.
|Registrations Open||To be Notified|
|Registration Deadline||To be Notified|
|SSC Scholarship Result||To be Notified|
Must Read: Microsoft Scholarships
The eligibility criteria are strictly followed by the authorities for the allotment of SSC Scholarships. The scholarship benefits are open for both Day Scholars and Hostellers. To avail of the scholarship the students must fulfil the following criteria.
- The student must be an origin and resident of Gujarat.
- The student must belong to the Nomadic Tribes and Denotified Tribes (NTDNT) or Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC) Category.
- The student must have at least qualified class 10th and get enrolled in class 11th, class 12th, UG, PG, or PhD program.
- In the case of rural residence, the candidate’s annual family income must not be more than INR 1.5 lakhs.
- In the case of urban households, the annual family income must not exceed INR 1.2 lakhs.
The various groups in which the SSC scholarship is classified are given below. The SSC Scholarship amount is awarded based on the basis of various Groups.
|Group A||Medical, Engineering, BSc|
|Diploma or Polytechnic Engineering, Mechanical or Technical Education, Science or any UG Degree|
|Engineering in Medicine, Arts, Commerce Business and PG Degree|
|UG or PG Degree|
|Classes 11th and Class 12th|
Also Read: Saraswati Dalmia Scholarship
Most of the scholarship benefits are monetary and aimed at covering any education-related expenses incurred by the candidate during their time of studies.
- Students will be given help based on the class they are in or the course that they are pursuing.
- Students willing to apply for technical courses can also avail of the scholarship to aid their finances.
- The students can avail of help at any stage of their academic career. Scholarships for class 11th, class 12th, UG, PG and PhD courses in various courses classified into groups are available.
- Students from various technical courses can also apply.
A demonstration of Scholarships awarded in various Groups based on the scholarship amount is given below.
|Group||Amount for Day Scholar||Amount for Hosteller|
|Group A||INR 125 Per Month||INR 280 Per Month|
|Group B||INR 125 Per Month||INR 190 Per Month|
|Group C||INR 125 Per Month||INR 190 Per Month|
|Group D||INR 90 Per Month||INR 175 Per Month|
|Group E||INR 65 Per Month||INR 115 Per Month|
Also Read: Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
The SEBC and NTDNT Groups in Gujarat benefitted from this scholarship program. The details on the number of beneficiaries and the grant amount are given below.
|Category||Number of Beneficiaries||Total Scholarship Amount disbursed|
|SEBC||51,947||INR 851.39 L|
|NTDNT||2,943||INR 43.11 L|
How to Apply for the SSC Scholarship?
The process to register and apply for the SSC Scholarship program is completely online. The students can follow these easy steps to apply for the scholarship program.
- Visit the official website of the Government of Gujarat.
- The registration form appears on the screen.
- Fill out the registration form with details like Contact Number, Email etc and create an ID and password.
- Save the details.
- Log in to your Dashboard.
- Look for the ‘New Service’ option on the dashboard and click on it.
- Search for the scholarship with its name and code.
- Enter the details in the application form.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Must Read: Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia that Make Education for Indian Students Absolutely Free!
Important Documents Required
To apply for the SSC Scholarship the various documents required are given below. As the government bodies strictly adhere to the eligibility criteria, all the important documents based on eligibility criteria are to be attached to the application form. The copies of all the documents should be self-attested.
- Aadhar card
- Previous mark sheets
- Income Certificates for regular employees and Form 16 are required for all government employees.
- Hostel certificates for hostellers.
- Bank details.
- Current year fee receipt.
- Affidavit in the case of a gap year.
- Bonafide of current institution.
- School Leaving Certificate for those applying for the scholarship after class 12th.
- Caste Certificate.
- Latest coloured passport-size photograph.
- SLC Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Contact details.
The official website for the SSC Scholarship is https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/. The candidates can register on the website to apply for the scholarship.
The SSC Scholarship is offered by the government of Gujarat to its students from class 11 onwards to those pursuing a PhD. The scholarships aim to provide the students aid in education so that students from SEBC and NTDNT Category can also pursue higher education.
The students can apply for the SSC Scholarship after completing class 10th and being enrolled in class 11th. The same applies to any other level of education.
The students looking forward to the SSC Scholarship program must keep checking the latest updates about the scholarship and apply in time. The renewal of the scholarship is also possible for the candidates already availing of the scholarship. Stay tuned to our Indian scholarship page for more information related to various Indian scholarship schemes and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.