The Post Graduate Scholarship for University rank holders is provided by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to 1st and 2nd rank holders at the graduation level. The main purpose of this scheme is to offer scholarships to talented students who performed well in their undergraduate studies to pursue their post-graduate education. The holders are provided with financial aid to encourage them to study further. Let’s explore this blog to know more about PG Scholarship for university rank holders.
|Scholarship Name||PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders|
|Offered by||University Grants Commission|
|Beneficiaries||1st and 2nd Rank holders|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
PG scholarship for university rank holders helps students pursue their studies. These are the following eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
- The students from the following streams can apply for the scholarship:
- Life Science
- Earth Science
- Physical Science
- Chemical Science
- Mathematical Science
- Social Sciences
- The student can avail of the scholarship for the first PG degree only.
- The student’s age should not be more than 30 years at the time of admission to the postgraduate course.
- The 1st and 2nd rank holders from Universities/Institutions and non-affiliated/ autonomous colleges would be considered according to the number of students who appeared in the UG examination. Refer to the table below:
|Institution||Number of students who
appeared in the UG examinations
|Affiliating University (Central/State)||100|
|Deemed Universities/ Autonomous colleges/
Private Universities/ Non-Affiliated colleges
Also Read: Tata Scholarships
Application Procedure for the Scholarship
Students can apply for the PG scholarship for university-rank holders by following the steps given below:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal to apply as a new user.
- Click on the scholarship schemes hosted on NSP
- Read all the guidelines and click on ‘continue.
- Provide all the information and provide the bank details.
- After verifying the mobile number fill out the application form.
- An application ID and password will be generated, it can be used for future references.
The student should have the following documents to apply for the scholarship:
- Attested copy of the student’s undergraduate degree.
- Higher secondary certificate.
- A verification certificate is issued by the PG institute where the student has taken admitted.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar card or Aadhar enrollment.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The eligible students who are selected for the scholarship will receive an amount of INR 3,100 per month for two years only, which is the full duration of the PG course.
Disbursal of the Scholarship
After the completion of the selection process, the scholarship amount is distributed in the following manner:
- The list of selected students will be given to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by NIC.
- PFMS will generate payment files for the students and the amount will be paid for the complete duration of the PG course. The payment will be generated annually.
- The students will get the scholarship through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode in their respective bank accounts.
Also Read: Maharaj Rajarshi Shahu Scholarships
PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions for this scholarship are listed below:
- Incomplete applications will be rejected and only verified online applications will be considered.
- The concerned university or institution must verify that the candidate is a first or second-rank holder.
- The scholarship can be renewed during the PG course if the candidate maintains the prescribed attendance.
- UGC will implement and monitor the scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship can be cancelled if:
- University/Institution reports any misconduct by the awardee.
- A progress report is unsatisfactory(if the student scores less than 60% in the first year of the PG course).
The eligible candidate will be chosen on the basis of academic performance and other factors. Only complete applications will be selected.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned in the blog. Candidates can refer to that particular section.
Yes, if a student does not maintain prescribed attendance or misconduct of the awardee is reported by the university, the scholarship will be cancelled.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.