To empower socio-economically challenged students towards higher education and a better lifestyle the organisation called Service to Educate, Enrich and Empower a Dream Society or more commonly known as SEEEDS was founded. The organisation is approved and registered under the Income Tax Act, of 1961.
SEEEDS provides Scholarships for higher education to needy children irrespective of their identification based on caste, religion, gender, race or colour, language etc. it aims at making students self-dependent. SEEEDS believes in the power of higher education as it can upskill and upgrade the knowledge and career of the students.
|Name of the Scholarship||Service to Educate, Enrich and Empower a Dream Society Scholarship (SEEEDS)|
|Conducting Body||Service to Educate, Enrich and Empower a Dream Society Foundation|
|Applicable to||Lower socio-economic background|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Website for application||https://www.seeeds.org/scholarship|
This Blog Includes:
What does SEEEDS do?
SEEEDS was established with the objective to make higher education accessible to students despite their economic backgrounds. Students with low family incomes can believe that they can also achieve and deserve world-class education to make themselves financially independent and strong.
SEEEDS help these students achieve their dreams by providing a variety of financial support and educational resources. By providing Scholarships for higher education the organisation ensures that they increase their employability at global standards. The students can also find themselves eligible for higher competition when they have adequate resources and can aim to achieve something that they have desired.
Also Read: Study in South Korea for Indian Students
SEEEDS is presently supporting higher education for around 400+ students in different fields. The students benefitting from these scholarships for higher education are pursuing technical courses like Engineering, Medical Science, Nursing, Chartered Accountants, Agriculture etc. All of the student beneficiaries are studying at reputable institutions at different levels.
SEEEDS Scholarships for higher education are being operated in India and USA already. In 2021 it was also incorporated in the UK and is being embedded there. The organisation is planning to expand in other countries as well to identify and help more students from low-income backgrounds.
Also Read: MBA Scholarships in India and Abroad
SEEEDS Scholarship – Important Dates
The dates for the current year of SEEEDS scholarships for higher education have not been declared yet. To take reference regarding the tentative dates for the release of notification the dates of the previous year’s application process are mentioned hereunder.
|Application process starts||20-June-2022|
|Declaration of Results||To be Notified|
SEEEDS Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are economically weak are welcome with open arms at the SEEEDS Scholarships for Higher Education program. The organisation welcomes referred and direct applicants through calls and emails.
However, each candidate will have to fill out the application form to officially apply for the SEEEDS scholarship program. The organisation accepts applications based on merit and family income, therefore there is a set eligibility criterion for applicants that are mentioned below.
- The candidate is studying in Government or Government Aided Schools.
- Or candidates from Orphanages and Sri Lankan Refugee Camps are also welcome to apply.
- The students must be passing their qualifying examination in the year of application. The exam could be 10th, 12th, Diploma, or ITI Courses.
- There are specific requirements for enrollment under scholarships for different courses.
- For Engineering the candidates must score at least 480 out of 600 in the class 12th examination. Cut-off marks under this category are 180 out of 200.
- For Medical courses, the candidate’s score in class 12th must be at least 480 out of 600 and they should also present their NEET Scorecard.
- To get Scholarships for higher education in Para Medical courses the candidate must have a cut-off score of 180 out of 200.
- For applying under courses based on arts, sciences and other fields the candidates must score at least 480 out of 600 in class 12th.
- Polytechnic students aspiring a lateral entry in engineering after class 10th must score 350 out of 500 in class 10th public exams. The score in the Polytechnic course must at least be 80%.
- For students who have cleared class 10th and wish to apply for Polytechnic Courses must have a minimum score of 350 out of 500 in class 10th. This scholarship is only offered to Government colleges, Government aided colleges or Courses.
How to Apply for SEEEDS Scholarship?
The applications for SEEEDS Scholarship for Higher Education are open for a month generally in June and July every year to aid students who have cleared their qualifying examinations in the respective fields in the same year.
The process to apply for the SEEEDS scholarship program is given as follows.
- Visit the official website of SEEEDS: https://www.seeeds.org/.
- Click on the ‘Scholarship’ tab on the landing page.
- The page will display details of the Scholarship program.
- Click on the ‘Apply For Scholarship’ button at the top or bottom of the page.
- Fill out the application form with educational qualifications and personal details like email, phone number, domicile etc.
- Attach the necessary documents to the application form.
- Submit the application after reviewing the information.
SEEEDS Scholarship Selection Process
The selection procedure for the SEEEDS Scholarships for Higher Education is based on the eligibility criteria and an interview for profile evaluation. The streamlined procedure of selection is given as follows.
- The applications are accepted after the declaration of results of class 12th. Around 1200 applications were received in the year 2021.
- The first shortlisting is done by the eligibility criteria of 80% marks in class 12th and education from a government or government-aided school. In 2021 around ~450 students were selected from this round of selection.
- The applications are then moved for House Verification. In 2021 ~400 students were selected under this criterion.
- The rest of the students are called for a face-to-face interview. The candidates who cannot afford to travel to the examination centre are aided by the organisation for their travel expenses.
- Out of the 400 students around 152 were selected in 2021 for the final awarding of the scholarships. In this round preference is given to Orphans and Sri Lankan Refugees.
Also Read: Tata Scholarships
Number of Scholarships Offered Under Different Programs
Scholarships are divided for each category, of courses being pursued. There are a set number of scholarships for each category and the final selection of candidates is also based on these numbers. The list is given below:
|Category||Number of Seats|
|Arts and Science||53|
|Medical and Para Medical||21|
|Sri Lankan Refugees||25|
|Diploma courses and Orphans||10|
Yes, SEEEDS Scholarship for Higher Education is also offered for Polytechnic Courses after completion of class 10th. The candidates can apply in the same year as they write their class 10th examination. Also, to be eligible the applicant must ensure they score at least 350 marks out of 500 in the class 10th examination.
No, the SEEEDS Scholarship program is offered to youth pursuing higher education abroad. For this scholarship, a candidate must be of Asia-Pacific origin and have completed their secondary education abroad. On the other hand, the SEEEDS Scholarship program is for students from socio-economically weaker sections of society which also includes Orphans and Sri Lankan Refugees.
Each year, the SEEEDS Scholarship for Higher Education is awarded to students from economically weaker sections. Around 150 scholarships are offered to students under different categories and courses.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.