The Government of India has launched a number of scholarship schemes for Indian students to study abroad in order to encourage them to pursue higher studies in relevant fields or courses. These Indian government scholarships for studying abroad have been designed to provide financial and material assistance to students, which will cover their tuition and academic fees, living expenses, travel costs, etc.
Read this blog to know about some of the top Indian Government Scholarships for Studying Abroad. Given below is the list of scholarships with their amount offered by the government of India to students who want to study abroad.
|Scholarship Name||Estimated Scholarship Amount|
|GyanDhan Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies Abroad||INR 1 lakh annually|
|The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians||INR 1 lakh – 10 lakhs annually|
|The Great Wall Scholarship Program||INR 4 lakhs to 5 lakhs annually|
|Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship||Up to INR 80 lakhs annually|
|Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship||INR 16 lakhs to 24 lakhs annually|
This Blog Includes:
GyanDhan Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies Abroad
The GyanDhar Scholarship scheme is launched by GyanDhan, which is an organisation built to provide education loans for students who wish to pursue higher education from abroad. Only one student will be provided benefits with this scholarship.
- Through the GyanDhan Scholarship for Postgraduate, higher education from universities abroad will be more accessible and affordable.
- Since its formation, GyanDhan has helped thousands of students to achieve their dream education from universities abroad.
- Under the GyanDhan Scholarship for Postgraduate students, a total of INR 1 lakh will be given to only one student.
- To become eligible for this scholarship scheme, students must have taken a 2-year PG course in any of the following countries – Germany, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and the UK.
- Students who have not received their admission letter are also eligible to apply for the GyanDhan Scholarship for the Postgraduate scheme.
Also Read: Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK
The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians
The JN Tata Endowment Scholarship program is more than a hundred years old and was launched with the objective of providing educational loans to students pursuing higher education.
- Under this scholarship scheme, only Indian students who wish to pursue higher education from universities abroad are eligible.
- This scholarship is applicable to Master’s, PhD, and Post-Doctoral programs.
- For this scholarship, a merit list will be released which will list names of candidates who are eligible for the scholarship program.
- The JN Tata Endowment seeks to provide scholarships for the best students who are determined to achieve great success for themselves and their country.
The Great Wall Scholarship Program
The Great Wall scholarship program was launched for students who wish to pursue higher education at universities in China.
- This scholarship scheme will cover students’ tuition fees, regular stipend, accommodation expenses, and medical insurance.
- To become eligible for the Great Wall scholarship scheme, students must have completed their bachelor’s or master’s degree in a particular field and must not be more than 45 years of age.
- Through this scholarship scheme, students will be given INR 35,000 to 40,000 monthly.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships to meritorious and talented candidates from India, who want to pursue higher and professional education from universities abroad.
- The Inlaks Foundation scholarship will be applicable to courses like arts, humanities, social sciences, engineering, technology, and natural sciences.
- This scholarship scheme will cover candidates’ tuition fees and living expenses during the course duration. This scholarship may also provide funding for research and development projects, conferences, and other academic expenses.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must hold Indian citizenship and a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field. Candidates should have a strong academic record and strong dedication towards their field of study.
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship
This scholarship scheme is launched with the objective of providing scholarship awards to meritorious Indian students.
- This scholarship will be awarded to meritorious Indian students who are determined to create a bright future for themselves and lead their nation in future.
- Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship scholarship will be offered to students who are pursuing a one or two-year master’s degree from any university in the USA.
- This scholarship will also provide J-1 visa support, funding for tuition fees, living expenses, economy-class air travel from the fellow’s home city to the candidate’s institution in the US, and medical insurance as per the American Government guidelines
Also Read: SAT Scholarships
Some of the best Indian government scholarships for studying abroad are – Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship, the Tata Endowment Scholarship, GyanDhan Scholarship for Postgraduates, Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship, and the Great Wall Scholarship Program.
To get a full scholarship for studying abroad, a candidate must fulfil all the required eligibilities, which include – an excellent academic record, receipt of the course fees, university and country name, and dedication towards a specific field or course.
Through the Great Wall Scholarship Program, selected candidates will be given financial assistance to study at Universities in China only. This scholarship is not applicable to any other country.
All the scholarships scheme listed above are highly competitive and to achieve them, students need to meet certain academic and personal requirements. Students who want to study abroad can check for eligibility criteria, the application process, the last date to apply and other related information on the official website of the respective government agencies.
For more such updates, keep an eye on the Leverage Edu’s Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.