The Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme is known as one of the most applied girl education scholarship programs by minorities in India. The scheme is an initiative by the Ministry of Minority Affairs of India to provide financial support to meritorious girls belonging to the minority communities like Muslims, Christianity, Jains, Buddhists, and Parsis. The scheme was launched on the occasion of the 100th birthday of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad.
Every year, the scholarship scheme attracts numerous applicants benefiting from the rewarded fund for their education. The dates for the process of this scholarship scheme for the year 2023 are yet to be released.
Students interested in availing of the benefits of the scholarship funds should prove their eligibility in terms of annual financial income and academic performance.
|Name of the Scholarship||Maulana Azad National Scholarship|
|Provider||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India|
This Blog Includes:
Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme Benefits
Candidates who get selected for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme will receive a total amount of IN 12,000 in two instalments. The first instalment of INR 6,000 will be given to the student in Class 11th while the other half of INR 6,000 will be awarded in Class 12th.
The scholarship amount can be used for payment of fees, purchase of books, purchase of stationary and boarding or lodging charges. Through this policy for minority girls, the Maulana Azad scholarship scheme benefits financially underprivileged girls to continue their higher education without any hindrance.
Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
The Ministry of the minority community of India has set certain eligibility criteria for the Maulana Azad scholarship for girls that must be fulfilled to be eligible for the reward. Before proceeding to apply for the scholarship scheme, candidates are advised to check and confirm the following Mulana Azad national scholarship scheme eligibility to strengthen their chances of selection:
- The scholarship has been launched in support of girls’ education from minority groups which are, Christians, Muslims, Jains, Buddhists, and Parsis.
- Minority girl students applying for the scheme must have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate in the secondary school certificate examination conducted by a recognized board. However, this is only a qualifying score and does not guarantee the scholarship reward.
- The Maulana Azad scholarship is available for girls from classes 11th and 12th only.
- Applicants must belong to a financially disadvantaged group with an annual income below INR. 1 Lakh.
- Any student receiving a scholarship from any other source will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The student must secure a minimum of 55% in the 11th exam to receive the second instalment.
Also Read: BBA Scholarships
Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme Application Process
Candidates who are interested in availing the benefits of this scholarship and those who fulfil the eligibility criteria can follow the process below:
- Download the application form from the official website.
- Send the duly filled out form to the Maulana Azad Education Foundation by post or deliver it by hand.
- Once the formalities are completed and if the student is selected, the student will receive a sanction letter/cheque by Regd. Post
While applying for the scholarship, it is mandatory to have the below-mentioned documents specified by the Maulana Azad Scholarship Scheme for Girls:
- Income verification certificate issued by the government.
- Admission slip confirming admission in Class 11th.
- School verification document with the principal’s signature.
- Previous year mark sheet
- A passport-size photograph.
Terms and Conditions
It is important to note that the following terms and conditions should be fulfilled by the candidates to be eligible for the scholarship reward:
- Candidates applying for the scholarship should mention details of their every income source.
- It is mandatory to submit the admission slip issued by the concerned school or institution in the specified manner.
- The scholarship is applicable for students passing the 10th exam and taking admission in the 11th standard. While applications received in between the academic year will not be entertained.
- The scholarship reward would be applicable only to the university, college or schools recognized by the government.
- The scholarship permits the reward allocation only for the applied academic year.
- The date of application for the scholarship is September 30th, 2023, like the previous year. Hence, applicants are expected to submit their applications before the deadline.
The Maulana Azad National scholarship scheme applies to girls students from classes 11th and 12th, who belong to a minority community of Muslims, Christians, Janis, Buddhists or Parsis.
Students applying for the Maulana Azad scholarship should not have an annual family income of more than INR. 1 Lakh.
Students who avail of the Maulana Azad scholarship would be granted an amount of INR 6000 for the applied academic year, along with the syllabus books and study materials for classes 11th and 12th.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.