Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2023-24 is a type of research opportunity which is awarded by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE). This type of fellowship is awarded to notable engineers who need to be encouraged in their work. It helps them to achieve produce high-quality work in their field of research and technology development.
In this blog, you will get to understand how you can get this fellowship and the eligibility criteria of the same. Here is a quick overview of the AKT Innovation National Fellowship.
|Fellowship Name||Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship|
|Target Audience||Engineering Students|
|Ministry/Department||Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt of India|
This Blog Includes:
Objectives of AKT Innovation National Fellowship
As mentioned above, the main objective of this Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship is to recognize and promote excellence in engineering, technology and factors which will help in the development of this field.
In order to be eligible for the same, the applicant must have the below-mentioned factors. Here is the list of all the factors which the applicant must have.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen or could be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- He/She must have adequate professional qualifications to be eligible for the same.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
- In order to be qualified for the same, the candidate must have a minimum of five years of service left in the parent organization as of the date of the award.
- Lastly, the candidate should make sure that he/she does not hold any other fellowship.
The duration of this fellowship will be for a period of three years which can be expanded for a period of up to two years. This will depend on the performance of the student. Apart from this, the student should keep in mind that the AKT Innovation National Fellowship can be held for a period of 5 years.
If you are interested in knowing the benefits of the AKT Innovation National Fellowship then here are some of them:
- This fellowship comes with an amount of Rs 25,000 per month which will be provided to the student along with the regular income.
- Every candidate will be provided with a research grant of Rs 15 lakhs per annum.
- Apart from this, Rs 1 lakh per annum will also be given to the host institute.
- All the applicants should keep in mind that the fellowships are taxed as per the IT rule of the Government of India.
Must Read: Engineering Entrance Exams
How to Apply for Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
If you are also going to apply for this scholarship then here are some steps via which you can apply for the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship.
- Begin by visiting the official website of the AKT Innovation National Fellowship.
- Then click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After this, click on the ‘Register’ button and fill in the required details which will help you in registering.
- Following this, click on the option ‘Forwarding of Nominations’ and then click on the given link which will be given. By doing so, you will be able to download the nomination form.
- Lastly, fill in the details in the nomination form, attach all the supporting documents and send it to the email ID which will be provided to you.
While applying for this scholarship, the candidate must note that he/she has the following documents with them.
- Aadhar Card
- Proof that you are working
- Last examination mark sheet
- Passport size photographs
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account passbook
Below mentioned the following selection criteria for the AKT Innovation National Fellowship:
- A candidate’s selection will be done periodically which means twice a year.
- The selection of the applicant will be done via a search cum selection expert committee.
- All applicants should note that the selection will be made on the guidelines of the fellowship.
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship is meant for those engineers who need to be encouraged for their work in their field. By doing so, they are able to make development in their field which in turn helps the society.
The last day for receiving the AKT Innovation National Fellowship is 30 June 2023.
Out of the AKT Innovation National Fellowship, the candidates will receive many benefits including financial assistance. This will be paid directly into the recipient’s account.
For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian University page, and if you have any queries feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned to our social media handles of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter handles.