To apply for study abroad, apart from submitting a list of multiple required documents like SOP, LORs, etc, and English proficiency test scores [If applicable], applicants also need to score a minimum percentile in the related competitive exams. As we know, SAT and ACT are important to enrol in undergraduate courses, and exams like GMAT, LSAT, etc, are required to get admitted to graduate programs. There is one such exam for pursuing postgraduation programs is the GRE i.e., Graduate Record Examination. The prime objective of this blog is to share with readers the list of US universities that accept GRE scores of 290-300. So, if after rigorous preparation students you failed to get a GRE score between 290 to 300 then don’t be disheartened if not Harvard or Yale then others are still there, you can still get admission to good colleges with excellent infrastructure, faculty and a variety of programs too. To know the US Universities that accept GRE score of 290-300, keep reading this blog!
|Exam||Graduate Record Examination (GRE)|
|Required For||Admission to PG Courses|
|Exam Mode||Computer BasedPen Paper Based|
|Test Type||Admission Test|
|Score Validity||5 years|
|Registration Fee||US $ 200 (approximate) INR 15930|
This Blog Includes:
What is GRE Exam?
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a university admissions test used worldwide to screen graduate school applicants in a multitude of disciplines like the arts and sciences. GRE is a standardised international level test accepted for admission to various diverse disciplines at many graduate schools around the world. Students looking to pursue master’s or doctoral programmes have to clear the cutoff of the GRE test. This test id comes in two formats – General tests and Subject tests. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) thoroughly evaluates the indispensable skills needed for an aspirant aiming to pursue postgraduate study in any field or discipline from reputed schools and universities across the globe. While preparing for this imperative test, students must familiarize themselves with the GRE eligibility criteria, the content of the test, and the structure it incorporates.
GRE Exam Complete Overview
- The GRE is intended to examine verbal and quantitative reasoning, analytical writing ability and critical thinking. The GRE presumes the candidate’s fluency in English, but its verbal reasoning sections emphasize efficient reading and understanding words in context, rather than memorization.
- Worldwide GRE is accepted at thousands of graduate and business schools. The importance of a GRE score can vary from being a formality to being one of the most important factors in graduate school admissions.
- The importance placed upon GRE scores varies widely among schools and even among departments within schools. High GRE scores are most important when applicants have weaknesses in their other credentials. A high GRE score in this case balances the applicant’s profile.
- The duration of GRE subject tests is 2 hours and 50 minutes. It doesn’t break as the GRE general test does.
- Scores on GRE subjects range from 200 to 990. A system with increments of 10 points is used. The score range for each sub-area on the GRE subject test is 20–99 with 1-point increments.
List of US Universities that Accept GRE Score of 290-300
Here is the list of US universities that accepts GRE score of 290-300 with QS world university ranking 2023.
|US Universities||GRE Score Accepted||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of South Florida||300||601-650|
|The University of Texas Arlington||296||1201- 1400|
|University of Florida||295||188|
|Illinois Institute of Technology||300||=443|
|California State University||300||1201-1400|
|Cleveland State University||300||1201-1400|
|Florida State University||295||511-520|
|Florida Atlantic University||299||1201-1400|
|University of Southern California||297||134|
|University of South Carolina||300||701- 750|
|University of Texas, Dallas||300||521- 530|
|University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa||300||1001-1200|
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes: the fall intake and the winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for an MBA at Long Island University:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, Aston students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript if completed
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
The below-mentioned scholarships are offered to international students enrolled on post-graduate programs. In the USA.
AAUW International Fellowships
The AAUW International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the USA to women from other countries. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S Institutions are supported. The fellowship awards 5 international women to pursue full-time graduate courses and aim to encourage them to be future leaders and influencers of the future. The scholarship awards an amount of $1800.
Fulbright-Nehru Research Scholarship
FBNRS is considered to be one of the most prestigious scholarships to study in the USA for Indian students. The candidates are selected through a rigorous selection process. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation charges, stipends, airfare (to and from the home country), and other fees.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must be an Indian citizen with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Further, the candidate also needs to submit English language proficiency scores.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship
One of the most sought-after scholarships to study in the USA for Indian Students is the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship. It is offered to students who excel in their chosen field and wish to study in North America or Europe. All students who wish to pursue full-time master’s, MPhil or doctorate programmes can apply for the scholarship through an online application available on the official website. The scholarship is only for master’s students and isn’t available for any undergraduate course.
The maximum amount that the scholarship can cover is USD 100,000. The online application portal opens in January/February each year and the last date of submission is the end of March/ early April. The scholarship is open to all Indian citizens who hold a first-class degree from an Indian university and are continuously resident in India for the last six months at the time of making an application. Candidates also need to have a prior experience of a minimum of 2 years.
Students must have cleared undergraduate before applying for admission. GRE scores would not be valid if the aspirant does not clear under graduation.
Students can take the GRE test once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period.
There are three different parts of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). These are Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning.
Hope now you know about the US Universities that Accept GRE score of 290-300. If you want to get into a high-ranked university like University, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.